Cork v Athlone
    Treaty v Waterford
    Longford v Galway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    All focus on the First Division this weekend,
    The 3 full time clubs Cork, Galway and Waterford are already looking a cut above everyone else (as they should)
    All 3 could be well clear of the rest by the end of the weekend.
    Bray , Treaty and Longford all have a chance to stay relevant this weekend with wins but i reckon they are up against it.
    Might tip along to see Bray play Wexford on Friday.
    The playoffs could be a real banana skin for two of Galway , Cork and Waterford, i expect those 3 clubs to finish a distance ahead of the rest but they could be 20 points clear by the end of the league and still lose a playoff and have a season go down the tubes.
    The quality of the First division this year is crazy and probably 2 full time teams wont go up ......(assuming Premier Team win playoff final)

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I'm hoping for an improvement from Waterford as they haven't been convincing so far. Hopefully the defeat to Cork and week off might help sort things out. Treaty don't seem to be as good this year so really Waterford need to pick up a win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Might have been a good weekend to fix a big fixture like Cork/Waterford instead of sticking it on a Monday night,might have got a few stragglers buying the stream with no Premier division football on…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    A big game for us up at Longford tonight.

We've played well in patches and poorly at other times but still have 13 from 15. We look much better in front of goal this season but the worry now is that the last 3 games we've been cruising at 2-0 up and conceded a goal, we were really hanging on against Athlone last week which isn't great.

I'm not too confident of winning tonight but if we can get the 3 points we have home games against Cobh and Wexford to come so potentially could end up with 22 points from the first series of 8 games.

From what I saw of Cork on the first day they may struggle to score goals at times, obviously last week against Treaty it wasn't an issue. For Waterford I think their problems are at the other end, they had a lot of very big players but they seemed very disorganised and Eddie Nolan looks past it. I think any team with a bit of pace could cause them problems.

I've no idea what the expect from Longford - a real mixed bag of results so far - I'll go with a 1-1 draw tonight and then win those back-to-back home games.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    What's the best of the matches tonight to watch on LOITV? I normally would have gone with Wexford match but the Bray stream was shocking last year and I don't want to pay a €5 for something that is near impossible to watch.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    What's the best of the matches tonight to watch on LOITV? I normally would have gone with Wexford match but the Bray stream was shocking last year and I don't want to pay a €5 for something that is near impossible to watch.
    Bray wasn't great this season either. Neither was Treaty. AI camera struggling to keep track of where the action is. I'd suggest you choose one of the other two.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    To be honest, Longford v Galway is probably the best bet for a decent stream.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

11. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah the stream is usually pretty decent. Can't promise the game will be though. I expect a narrow win for Galway.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    That Longford OG will be played over for years!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Not in my house. It's just as well I don't have any expectations for this season.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    All square now, a mess of a goal for Cork to concede, a real bundled over the line moment.

Longford with 73% possession going by LoITV stats, possession doesn't win games but Id have thought Galway would impose themselves more all things considered
    Last edited by Nesta99; 25/03/2022 at 7:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Two of the worst goals you'll see in the Longford match. That own goal was simply dreadful, terrible from the defender, you never pass the ball there but the keeper shouldn't have played the ball to the defender in the first place. For Longford's goal the keeper was caught in no mans land and the finish for want of a better word was terribly bungled but still went in. Not the greatest match but there's been enough to keep me entertained.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    All square now, a mess of a goal for Cork to concede, a real bundled over the line moment.

Longford with 73% possession going by LoITV stats, possession doesn't win games but Id have thought Galway would impose themselves more all things considered
    I assume you mean a mess of a goal for Galway to concede?

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Waterford 2 down and a man sent off against Treaty,thought they were firm favourites for promotion this season but looking tougher than I expected……
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Winning goal for Longford was a good strike. Surprised with how poor Galway were, didn't put the Longford defence under enough pressure. Longford were fairly good and Warfield was a very positive substitution. He looked promising as a sub in the Premier Division at times last season. Stream was good, a bit shaky at times in the first half but nothing that disruptive. Commentary was excellent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I assume you mean a mess of a goal for Galway to concede?
    Yes of course, apologies... just call me obsessed lol Caulfield and old habits. Another strange moment in that game was Longford setting up for a free and a Galway lad sliding in at the ball well after it had gone dead. Big win for Longford. With no premier games on it was a good opportunity to have a look at a 1st division game. Galway were too much route one, Delap effort throw ins. McCormack is a player that these days Id take at Dundalk, grafting midfielder that can keep possession, recycling with the simple ball and can get stuck in in the tackle. Sloggett type role but Sloggett being a bit tardy of recent.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 25/03/2022 at 8:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Yes of course, apologies... just call me obsessed lol Caulfield and old habits.
    That was my guess!

Solid win for City. Further improving our goal difference. Very happy with results elsewhere. I'm starting to think we might be the best team in the division. Galway stifled us without ever looking like scoring, but we've really improved our ball movement since then and I look forward to the rematch in May.
    I had assumed our win over Waterford was largely down to a couple of mistakes by their defence and they'd get better but its not looking that way so far.
    Still we aren't even a quarter of the way through the season, lots can go wrong, and other teams can improve but it's been fun so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    galway are ****e, caulfields muckball wont get them anywhere. it'll be a wonder to see who he blames this season though. No fans or new board members to shovel it on this time. It'll be the comers fault for not backing him enough.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The stream for Bray v Wexford was absolutely brutal - the camera shot, my God

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast