Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Q. Now that we have signed Paul Browne, who do you think should be up front for Rover

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • McTiernan & Browne

21 63.64%
  • McTiernan & Flannery

7 21.21%
  • McTiernan & Alvarez

1 3.03%
  • McTiernan & Foley

0 0%
  • Browne & Flannery

4 12.12%
  • Browne & Alvarez

0 0%
  • Browne & Foley

0 0%
  • Flannery & Alvarez

0 0%
  • Flannery & Foley

0 0%
  • Alvarez & Foley

0 0%

Thread: Preferred Strike Force

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Preferred Strike Force

at the request of sligoman
    Q. Now that we have signed Paul Browne, who do you think should be up front for Rovers?

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    i wana to see him in a competitive game first!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I think you all know who I want to see playing. Do I really have to say who I want dropped?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cant drop Saint Paul and Browne looks real good, maybe better than Sean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    i dunno how any of ye could have browne ahead of flannery based on 45 minutes of a friendly. sean has done very well this season and id be surprised if sean drops him in favour of browne straight away.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm very excited with the signing of Paul Brown. He's got everything required and I'm very confident thathe'll do a fab job for the Rovers. I still believe both McTiernan and Flannery will do the job for us and between them score enough goals to get us out of the first division. Brown will add another dimension to our play and I've no doubt he'll break the heart of every defender in this league. The question is where to play him.

Having seen all teams perform this season and realising that the majority are liable to sit back and try to stiffle our game, then on that evidence I'd play the three lads up front. The two big lads with McTiernan sitting in behind them bouncing on the loose ball, he'd be the scourge of defences and we'd be winning games by the bagful of goals.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    then on that evidence I'd play the three lads up front. The two big lads with McTiernan sitting in behind them bouncing on the loose ball, he'd be the scourge of defences and we'd be winning games by the bagful of goals.
    No way! 4-4-2 formation is working well for us. No question about it. I dont think 3 strikers up front would work at all.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Who is Connor going to drop both our strikers are playing great now. The joy's of been a manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he can't drop sean flannery now.obviously mct won't be dropped but i think brown should have to bide his time.sean has been outstanding and does not deserve to be dropped.spring brown from the bench to start with and see how he's getting on.if he's doing well and is better than sean then fair enough we can start him then.but it would be very unfair on sean if he was dropped straight away and i hope it doesn't happen.either way having the option of brown or sean to come off the bench is great news for rovers.

p.s. i think sligoman has a personal issue with sean flannery!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roversforever
    p.s. i think sligoman has a personal issue with sean flannery!
    p.s. No I dont!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    I'm very excited with the signing of Paul Brown. He's got everything required and I'm very confident thathe'll do a fab job for the Rovers. I still believe both McTiernan and Flannery will do the job for us and between them score enough goals to get us out of the first division. Brown will add another dimension to our play and I've no doubt he'll break the heart of every defender in this league. The question is where to play him.

Having seen all teams perform this season and realising that the majority are liable to sit back and try to stiffle our game, then on that evidence I'd play the three lads up front. The two big lads with McTiernan sitting in behind them bouncing on the loose ball, he'd be the scourge of defences and we'd be winning games by the bagful of goals.
    Good case for three upfront, but I wonder would that leave midfield prone to be overrun. Conor has to cover an awful lot of ground in midfield as it is, but Low and Raph and good enough to run the flanks from defence so might be an idea. Everyone said we needed a striker and we've got him, so now we'll have an extra option from the bench, as i still think manager will play 4-4-2. Think browne will prob start on the bench to begin with, and i'd say a degree of rotation will come into it. Flannery has done a great job so far. In Kilkenny he look tired and having Browne in will benefit Sean and Paul as they can be rested here and there if needed and not be under pressure to play every game regardless of them being tired or even injured. Should be a good game on Saturday, 3 points a must.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think it will be horses for courses lads. So far we have only seen 45mins of Browne agaisnts a youth team, however he did enough in that time to show he will be a valuable attribution.His height give us an extra option but he is more than a target man, he seemed nifty on his feet and gave one or two good balls to show he alos posesses a good football brain.However as stated on the forum Sean has played out of his skin for us since coming back and it would be unfair to drop him in current form.We have seen enough of the first divison to see that the strike force may change depending on the opposition and it may not simpmly the same 2 every game.Look at the Monaghan game they had a center half as tall as Browne if not taller so lobbing high balls in to him would be pointless, but Seans ability to hold of defender and keep it tight to feet caused problems so in this scenario Sean would suit better, against smaller centre halves Browne would be better suited.
    Also remember Browne is a goal scorerer and seems quite nifty on his feet so it may not be and automatic case for McT and Browne.McT is a speed merchant but as we all know a bit rough around the edges in finishing so Sean may complement Browne also...

One thing for sre we will probably have te strongest bench in the division..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

have not seen Paul Browne play yet so too early to vote. however the variety of a useful lad with height, who can not only score goals himself but who can put himself about and act as provider and target man for those coming in behind him can cause real damage in the opposition's defence. a bit like Gilzean a few years ago. Hopefully Browne will provide us with real options to vary our attacking play.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

preffered strike force

im just deighted that in my opinion we have 3 strikers that will be able to cut it at the top level next season (browne,mc t,flannery) maybe alvarez might turn good yet..