Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Games weekend 11th to 14th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Rovers fan here. I thought a definite red for Gaffney tbh. Not saying they're equivalent but I don't think Coffey's was a foul, let alone a yellow. It was a great tackle.

That miss by Hoban was as good as last minute equaliser for us. It sat up perfectly for a firm first touch finish.

Honestly, I don't know how you live with that pitch. I thought Rovers just about got the measure of it in the second half but all night there was just so much head-tennis, which I don't think is a feature of either team's play on grass. Rovers just couldn't get the ball down.

I'm very happy with that draw all things considered. Could have won 2-0, could have lost 2-0. Draw a very fair result. Both keepers had good games, yours exceptional tbh. A real pity he's Welsh! He has a real vibrant swagger about him and he looks like a kid still. Pohls made some good stops but got away with a misjudged dash off his line early on.
    In todays world it was a Red but it was more of a shove with the top of the Arm than the actual Elbow and that's why i think he got away with it.
    Silly boy though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    In todays world it was a Red but it was more of a shove with the top of the Arm than the actual Elbow and that's why i think he got away with it.
    Silly boy though
    It was a clear elbow not a shove - couldn’t believe the ref only gave a yellow - then again he was very poor ;

Benson ( I think it was him) kicked the ball away first half - clear dissent so should of been a yellow.

Cotter’s tackle as confirmed by commentators was perfect so not a yellow.

Hoban clearly pushed Grace before having his header saved by Pohls

Above just a few of the glaring mistakes made by a useless ref .

The only thing you could say is that he didn’t favour either team as he got it wrong for both sides

3. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Yeah Hoban was all over Grace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Can’t defend at all,also lost alot of pace and physicality from last years team which hasn’t been replaced unfortunately,hoping with more game time things will improve but time will tell…..
    Thought Mihalevic looked promising and McWoods was causing hassle. Surprised he was hooked at half time.

Webster is past it at this stage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Thought Mihalevic looked promising and McWoods was causing hassle. Surprised he was hooked at half time.

Webster is past it at this stage
    He's had a poor start to the season but I don't think this is true tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    I predicted that Harps would finish dead last this season, not many agreed with me (going by other peoples calls) but I would be worried if I was a Finn Harps fan.

Two majors issues I saw, 1. Too much of a squad overhaul this year, not a settled side and lots of unproven players from overseas have been signed. 2. A far greater worry, in his desperation to cobble a squad together, Ollie has gambled on signing a lot of injury prone players. Two off the top of my head, Rob Slevin and Regan Donelan. As a result of the two lads missing out, it seems Harps are being forced to play Carrillo as a left back, which is not ideal at all. He's a solid centre back, but he would only just about do a job at left back.

Harps new strikers better start chipping in with goals soon or I fear it's going to be an awful long season for them, I believe UCD will start picking up points soon once they adjust to the Premier Division a bit.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    He's had a poor start to the season but I don't think this is true tbh
    Is olllie doing a job keeping Harps in the premier or has his time come and gone is another conversation. I’d reckon with Cork , Waterford and Galway in another division it tells its own tale ?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    We were awful against a Bray side with typical Pat Devlin antics dive dive dive! We made a great start with Sam Verdon but once he missed a sitter a few mins later to make it 2-0 we got worse and worse! We have nothing to offer up front and some of these new signings look off the pace badly all ready. How on earth did Micheal Barker ever get to be a loi footballer? He didnt even try last night. There was no leadership on the pitch. What goes around comes around with appointin a negative manager like Gary Cronin!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    It was a clear elbow not a shove - couldn’t believe the ref only gave a yellow - then again he was very poor ;

Benson ( I think it was him) kicked the ball away first half - clear dissent so should of been a yellow.

Cotter’s tackle as confirmed by commentators was perfect so not a yellow.

Hoban clearly pushed Grace before having his header saved by Pohls

Above just a few of the glaring mistakes made by a useless ref .

The only thing you could say is that he didn’t favour either team as he got it wrong for both sides
    Yes def Benson, I was in the stand and it was right in my line, I missed the elbow though by Gaffney. One of the better 0-0 games I've seen of late, really entertaining match.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    I predicted that Harps would finish dead last this season, not many agreed with me (going by other peoples calls) but I would be worried if I was a Finn Harps fan.

Two majors issues I saw, 1. Too much of a squad overhaul this year, not a settled side and lots of unproven players from overseas have been signed. 2. A far greater worry, in his desperation to cobble a squad together, Ollie has gambled on signing a lot of injury prone players. Two off the top of my head, Rob Slevin and Regan Donelan. As a result of the two lads missing out, it seems Harps are being forced to play Carrillo as a left back, which is not ideal at all. He's a solid centre back, but he would only just about do a job at left back.

harps will be ok play off at worst imo. id be more worried if i was a drogs fan with no markey. ucd are terrible, look way out of their depth so far really struggling to create chances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    UCD have refunded my ticket from last week

I would have taken one for another game but fair play

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456