Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 25th to 28th Feb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Are you just here to deflect? It's no wonder Rovers have had these problems for so long when the first response is to point the finger somewhere else. Own your problems.

At least Calcio had the balls to condemn the behaviour and as he said these are members. If this is how the members act it's no wonder it has never been addressed. Feel sorry for genuine Rovers fans, same with our own gob****es. Big opportunity for Rovers to stamp this out now. A nation holds its breath
    Correction- I said tickets were sold only to Members - so the club needs to investigate (a) was it Members on the pitch (b) or was it non Members on the pitch ( given tickets by Members) ; either way those involved should be banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Don't deny the sad, lonely dalk fans on here to chance to vent their little spleen, with your reasoned, balanced opinion. It's all they have left.

Fairly windy last night, but decent game all the same and a cracking atmosphere. Derry will be formidable at home this season. Delighted to see Brando play, he's a real talent in my view.
    I think Rovers will be OK.
    Dundalk fans in the league Cup final were the worst yet. Bohs fans all ran onto the pitch a few years ago too in a cup replay. The Derry 'fan' who ran half way down the pitch and got his arse handed to him, well I for one enjoyed him eating humble pie. I don't mind jumping the barrier and staying there and celebrating with the players who run in, but it's the like of that Derry fan and the moonman who ran on recording himself after rovers scored that annoy me. Plus grabbing the corner flag after conceding a goal, what's that about?

However, this could all be stopped with proper stewarding. Having only one steward prepared to deal with it and getting punched for his troubles, showed the lack of planning involved by Derry. They need to entertain certain away fans with a heavy presence. Give them the Linfield treatment. Over the years, Derry have given fans an inch and they've taken a mile.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Bray improved from last week which would not be hard. Should have scored near the end but it would have been very unfair on Waterford.
    Waterford look like a good side and I would think they will top the table. Some of their guys upfront over elaborated. Great crowd and only one flare thrown so well done to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Very entertaining game in Dalymount last night, and 2-2 was a fair reflection.

Great to see Twardek back, he's going to be a big player for us, Mallon looked good in patches too, we will have no problems scoring this season. Like last season, our problems will be down the other end, I'd say we will be involved in quite a few high scoring games.

Roll on to Pats on Monday, should be a other good game. Hopefully we will improve for having that 90 minutes under our belt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Don't deny the sad, lonely dalk fans on here to chance to vent their little spleen, with your reasoned, balanced opinion. It's all they have left.

Fairly windy last night, but decent game all the same and a cracking atmosphere. Derry will be formidable at home this season. Delighted to see Brando play, he's a real talent in my view.
    Dont deny the sad lonely Rovers members their chance to embarrass their club and the many well behaved fans, when there is no balanced or reasoned justification for such behaviour. It would be a shame to ever lose Placid Casuals obvious emnity towards Dundalk fans comments on SRFC's ongoing indefensible supporter misconduct, BCD possibility is still there so maybe condemning the misbehaviour rather than those who comment on it would serve you better PC !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    Very entertaining game in Dalymount last night, and 2-2 was a fair reflection.

Great to see Twardek back, he's going to be a big player for us, Mallon looked good in patches too, we will have no problems scoring this season. Like last season, our problems will be down the other end, I'd say we will be involved in quite a few high scoring games.

Roll on to Pats on Monday, should be a other good game. Hopefully we will improve for having that 90 minutes under our belt.
    Thought we should have won tbh. Dundalk a bit at sea in the 1st half but tightened up 2nd and created more. We need to get Leahy back asap.Small squad looks really small now esp with Mountney not likely to be back for a couple of months.Least said about the ref and the pens the better. or not......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

😂 He types from under his bridge.

Solid deflecting though, are you on the Rovers board or just a member?

It's unfortunate that the FAI weren't strong enough to stick with the behind closed door punishment originally. It's unfair on the decent fans but until fans like PC and OTOH are impacted they will just turn a blind eye and deflect.

Fans challenging other fans or demanding their club does something about it is the only way to eradicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    Dundalk fans in the league Cup final were the worst yet
    That doesn't count as it was a cup final...
    Last edited by dahamsta; 28/02/2022 at 2:36 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
     He types from under his bridge.

Solid deflecting though, are you on the Rovers board or just a member?

It's unfortunate that the FAI weren't strong enough to stick with the behind closed door punishment originally. It's unfair on the decent fans but until fans like PC and OTOH are impacted they will just turn a blind eye and deflect.

Fans challenging other fans or demanding their club does something about it is the only way to eradicate it.
    On foot.ie? You've no idea where I stand on anything but you're taking me calling out a comically inaccurate post that was immediately proved ridiculous as my support for a pitch invasion. What action do you take when Dundalk fans invade the pitch by the way? I'll add it to the list of things that don't work, along with posting about it on foot.ie.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    That doesn't count as it was a cup final...
    League cup final. Should arguably not even be celebrated. Some gentle hand-clapping and appreciative cheering of both teams for their participation is acceptable.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    League cup final. Should arguably not even be celebrated. Some gentle hand-clapping and appreciative cheering of both teams for their participation is acceptable.
    So you do grasp the concept of what is appropriate behaviour, now just apply it when Rovers (or any) supporters enter the field of play - its not hard really!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    So you do grasp the concept of what is appropriate behaviour, now just apply it when Rovers (or any) supporters enter the field of play - its not hard really!
    Find a post where I said it was appropriate behaviour there bud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    More to the point - do you agree yes/ no ;

those that ran onto the pitch should (a) if members then their Membership should be cancelled and a ban from Tallaght for rest of this season (b) if not Members then they should be banned from Tallaght for rest of this season and the Members that provided them with tickets should have their Membership cancelled and a ban from Tallaght

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    More to the point - do you agree yes/ no ;

those that ran onto the pitch should (a) if members then their Membership should be cancelled and a ban from Tallaght for rest of this season (b) if not Members then they should be banned from Tallaght for rest of this season and the Members that provided them with tickets should have their Membership cancelled and a ban from Tallaght
    Yeah I'd say a season ban would be fair. But my point was never about the action. Read my posts. I called out a post that was comically proven false within the same game it was made in.

I don't tend to take action on foot.ie when stuff like this happens nor do I expect fans of other clubs to come on here groveling for forgiveness when their mongrels get out of the cage.

I will apologize to anyone who came here for match reports though. The state of this thread now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Yeah I'd say a season ban would be fair. But my point was never about the action. Read my posts. I called out a post that was comically proven false within the same game it was made in.

I don't tend to take action on foot.ie when stuff like this happens nor do I expect fans of other clubs to come on here groveling for forgiveness when their mongrels get out of the cage.

I will apologize to anyone who came here for match reports though. The state of this thread now.
    Good - and hopefully the club will be able to identify the culprits and take action - if they don’t then IMO they are in effect condoning what occurred so I’m sure they’ll do the right thing .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    On foot.ie? You've no idea where I stand on anything but you're taking me calling out a comically inaccurate post that was immediately proved ridiculous as my support for a pitch invasion. What action do you take when Dundalk fans invade the pitch by the way? I'll add it to the list of things that don't work, along with posting about it on foot.ie.
    You're right I have no idea where you stand, probably because instead of giving your opinion on it you went with the but what about Derry approach. The post was bait and you took it hook line and sinker, more concerned about downplaying your fellow fans involvement by deflecting elsewhere.

I'll admit I didn't do anything when Dundalk fans were on the pitch in Derry. I could have followed them on but that would have exasperated the issue and I wouldn't suggest other fans do that either. I would have happily given names of some of the gob****es to the club but unfortunately (or fortunately) didn't know their names. But since you ask I took a flair off some idiot last Friday who squeezed in between me and my son to try and light it.

I was actually talking about fans challenging other fans at games when these things happen. To be fair it's not for everyone but you can easily give names to the club if you know them. Most of these lads are kids and when challenged on their own look like rabbits in headlights.

Anyway that's enough of that. All clubs in the league are poor at dealing with it unfortunately.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    You're right I have no idea where you stand, probably because instead of giving your opinion on it you went with the but what about Derry approach. The post was bait and you took it hook line and sinker, more concerned about downplaying your fellow fans involvement by deflecting elsewhere.

I'll admit I didn't do anything when Dundalk fans were on the pitch in Derry. I could have followed them on but that would have exasperated the issue and I wouldn't suggest other fans do that either. I would have happily given names of some of the gob****es to the club but unfortunately (or fortunately) didn't know their names. But since you ask I took a flair off some idiot last Friday who squeezed in between me and my son to try and light it.

I was actually talking about fans challenging other fans at games when these things happen. To be fair it's not for everyone but you can easily give names to the club if you know them. Most of these lads are kids and when challenged on their own look like rabbits in headlights.

Anyway that's enough of that. All clubs in the league are poor at dealing with it unfortunately.
    Why do I need to give an opinion about a few yobbos jumping on a pitch when calling out the comically poor timing of a post claiming Rovers fans are the only ones who do that right before Derry go and do it? It was the post I went after, not the actions of either set of fans. Maybe I approve of pitch invasions and I'm not concerned at all? Maybe I lodged a complaint with both clubs? The only real comment I made about the actions is that they tend to be frowned upon outside of certain circumstances. Like your famous EA Sports Cup victory in whatever year that was. I'll give you one nugget of how I feel about it though - if it's the cost of sellout crowds around the league then I'm ok if a few dopes jump on the pitch as long as we start stewarding things properly and dishing out bans. It's embarrassing stuff and should result in immediate ejection from the ground and a ban for the season. But I want those sellout crowds too! As DCWA said, it was a cracking atmosphere and we should be talking about that, safe in the knowledge that idiots will be dealt with.

Great to have the season back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    I dont have to, deflection, over defensiveness, avoidance of an issue by pointing the finger etc. intentional or not it indicates a particular stance. But you subsequently gave a direct answer to Calcio rather than dancing around it so fair enough.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I dont have to, deflection, over defensiveness, avoidance of an issue by pointing the finger etc. intentional or not it indicates a particular stance. But you subsequently gave a direct answer to Calcio rather than dancing around it so fair enough.
    Righto, well when you find where I deflected or danced around anything you can slide into my DMs with it. Then we can have a lengthy argument about the target and subject of posts that will end in one of us saying something like "well that's just semantics".

Otherwise maybe we move on so the rest of the forum can talk about football for a bit?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Really all getting a little bit silly now should be no bans for anyone ffs bit of argy bargy give it a rest and move on. Great game and Derry top of the league - always told you all everyone else was crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Righto, well when you find where I deflected or danced around anything you can slide into my DMs with it. Then we can have a lengthy argument about the target and subject of posts that will end in one of us saying something like "well that's just semantics".

Otherwise maybe we move on so the rest of the forum can talk about football for a bit?
    Whats the point when it doesnt involve Dundalk.......

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast