Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fixtures Friday 18th Saturday 19th February

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Well Bone certainly kept Maher on his pins all night that's for sure.I think Sam knows he's behind Leahy in the pecking order and is trying in his absence to lay down a marker.He needs to concentrate a bit more on not get caught out of position so much but he had a good game.

Anyone else see Mark Connolly having a right snap at Nathan Sheppard at FT? I like Connolly but if he needed to say something to him he should have waited until they got back to the dressers.
    No I missed that, but totally agree, this was a young lad only settled into Ireland and making his debut, abs no call for that.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    No I missed that, but totally agree, this was a young lad only settled into Ireland and making his debut, abs no call for that.
    Its all on at he end of the highlight reel, questioned it myself and the appropriateness. It looks like Connolly taking exception to something Sheppard called, but Id expect and want my keeper to be vocal regardless of seniority. Be interesting to see if it is commented on. Bone chirped in too but hard to know if it was also at Sheppard or at Connolly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Good craic in Tolka on Friday night. I thought Mark Doyle was probably pats best player on the night. A shame Billy King's screamer that smacked the post/bar didn’t find its way into the top corner, incredible effort. Darragh Burns goal was something special too. Won’t get too carried away though, next week against a proper premier division side will be a better gauge of where we are.

Only sour note on the night was the few hundred shels fans singing 'all the way to Poland to have a heart attack' in reference to a pats fan (who’s friends were in the ground on Friday) that passed away while in Warsaw for our game against Legia in 2014. A sizeable amount of absolute pondlife supporting the giant club it seems. Luckily we'll probably only have one more trip to Tolka park whether it’s demolished or not.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Pats seem to be in really good shape, that was an impressive win to be fair, 3-0 but I expected them to win.

Only one game, and hard to judge all teams, will take a month, so many new debuts for a lot of clubs, DFC included and not for one min am I suggesting we will have a great season, I hope we do ! But that said, I think Shels might find it tough this season. i just don't see a spine to their team, leaders, main players etc, they will stay up, but I think it will be a challenging season for them.

Pity two games called off (correct call) but would have been good to see how each team did on day 1.

Just on DFC, walking around town yesterday, and listening to Dundalk FM 4pm Sat show for any away game for each of the 9 clubs, I would encourage you to tune in post your friday night game. The two hosts are hilarious, especially main guy John Murphy, now in his early 80's and still going strong, Gussie also, John won a league with DFC in 1963 and Gussie also played but more so local leagues. They commentate on every Friday game live, then one hour show at 4pm on Sat, 60 mins DFC but to be fair good and fair interviews with the opposition too.

I think Calcio Jack on here enjoyed the post match summary after Rovers games before, the two boys really are a great bit of stuff, one game v Rovers I can't recall the season, but I couldn't go for some reason, stuck at home, family thing, live radio 'ball comes in, Finn, to Greene.............ah for.................then silence, and about 2 mins later 'well thats 1-0 Rovers'
    Last edited by oriel; 20/02/2022 at 6:22 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Pats seem to be in really good shape, that was an impressive win to be fair, 3-0 but I expected them to win.

Only one game, and hard to judge all teams, will take a month, so many new debuts for a lot of clubs, DFC included and not for one min am I suggesting we will have a great season, I hope we do ! But that said, I think Shels might find it tough this season. i just don't see a spine to their team, leaders, main players etc, they will stay up, but I think it will be a challenging season for them.

Pity two games called off (correct call) but would have been good to see how each team did on day 1.

Just on DFC, walking around town yesterday, and listening to Dundalk FM 4pm Sat show for any away game for each of the 9 clubs, I would encourage you to tune in post your friday night game. The two hosts are hilarious, especially main guy John Murphy, now in his early 80's and still going strong, Gussie also, John won a league with DFC in 1963 and Gussie also played but more so local leagues. They commentate on every Friday game live, then one hour show at 4pm on Sat, 60 mins DFC but to be fair good and fair interviews with the opposition too.

I think Calcio Jack on here enjoyed the post match summary after Rovers games before, the two boys really are a great bit of stuff, one game v Rovers I can't recall the season, but I couldn't go for some reason, stuck at home, family thing, live radio 'ball comes in, Finn, to Greene.............ah for.................then silence, and about 2 mins later 'well thats 1-0 Rovers'
    Agree John and his side kick Gussie are a tonic always so biased but hugely entertaining - I’ve listened to their Sat show and it’s great. When John was 80 I texted the show to “… wish him a happy birthday from a Hoops fan..”

John read it out and said “… now that’s a real surprise one of them wishing me a happy birthday; guess they all can’t be that bad…”

Gussie replied “… must be from a Celtic John fan not Rovers..” tongue in cheek ( at least I think it was)

I’ve seen the odd poster here over the years slag them off - such a pity because if our league had a list of ‘national treasures’ John would be on my list- think he's 83 now and long may he run

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    What happened at half time in the Bray/Cork game? I read about Gardaí ejecting fans after a disturbance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    What happened at half time in the Bray/Cork game? I read about Gardaí ejecting fans after a disturbance
    There was handbags about a stolen flag apparently.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    A bit more than handbags. Gardai eventually arrived. Bad atmospherics all through the game. Match stopped on a number of occasions due to flares being thrown onto pitch. Both Bray and Cork so called fans involved though Cork appeared to have more ammunition. Then Cork fans invaded pitch after a goal (2nd I Think). Players kept going to their corner when they scored and more attempts to invade pitch. Result not as bad as it looks for Bray as they were well in it until the centre half went off injured. Cork did well and deserved to win.
    Why do these type of fools ruin it for everyone else by turning up at football matches. If the flare situation is not sorted it is only a question of time until someone is badly hurt.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stav View Post
    Result not as bad as it looks for Bray as they were well in it until the centre half went off injured. Cork did well and deserved to win.
    Ah I see, so Bray are one injury away from total and utter capitulation, that doesn’t sound too bad at all them
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Time will tell. Depends on who was on the bench. Had chances in the first half that they should have taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    bray had a good chance at 0-0 with manley other than that they didnt do much of note IMO. Blackbyrne had a good chance 2nd half at 0-1 aswell. 6-0 flattered us alright but given the chances bray gave up it would have been a travesty if we didnt at least win.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345