Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    1,283 at the RSC tonight v Cobh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Dundalk v Bohs official attendance announced as 2,748, decent crowd up from Bohs, def 400 anyway.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I think i heard 7156 announced at Talla, was surprised at the Derry support i was thinking it would be much more than.... was it about 400 that travelled down. Still probably the most i seen from them since we have been in Talla.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Dundalk v Bohs official attendance announced as 2,748, decent crowd up from Bohs, def 400 anyway.
    I think it was said they sold out their allocation so unless the capacity of the away section has been reduced or there was limited allocation, id have thought more than 400. Funnily enough I thought the announced figure was lower than I expected (just about the 3000) and usually i'd tend toward the lower end of figures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Yes in hindsight, probably closer to 500 away, seems to be common observation last / most DFC home games, a lot think the official crowd is a little lower than was in. I would have gone for 3k tops tonight.

Can look at it two ways, def down from the league winning years of 3,500 but on a re-build and over 1k ST sold, anything over 2.5k with modest ambitions (and doing better than expected so far) this season is prob ok.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Lol at Dundalk att AGAIN
    Well North of 3k without a shadow of a doubt helped by a healthy sold out bohs away contingent. The numbers been given are.......c ...ri.... Stup...

But it's a new regime why would they lie?

Hahahahahaha 😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Its a real pity that new main stand was only half finished, a club like Derry always required more capacity than that. Great all the same to see sold out signs every week though.
    It's actually only 1/3rd finished. Meant to be a 3,000 seater stand.

Amazing attendances at most stadiums so far this season too. Tallaght looked brilliant tonight on TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    If those numbers hold up for the Brandywell its bound to add weight to getting phases 2 and 3 of the new stand on the agenda quicker!? Agreed on Tallaght, its the sort of night we would have been dreaming of not so long ago - big crowd in a modern ground and a good game as a poke in the eye for the dismissive EPL barstooler. I see that there looked to be building supplies behind the goal, I presume thats for the 4th stand? Do Rovers fans think the additional capacity could be filled or will it become an away section type thing. Last nights game was a super attendance but was it a sell out. Its prudent when you get close to safe capacity that there is an increase but I think it would have taken from the overall impression of a packed ground if there was an empty stand there. Any consideration of rail seating for safe standing areas - I hate sitting in any ground!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    If those numbers hold up for the Brandywell its bound to add weight to getting phases 2 and 3 of the new stand on the agenda quicker!? Agreed on Tallaght, its the sort of night we would have been dreaming of not so long ago - big crowd in a modern ground and a good game as a poke in the eye for the dismissive EPL barstooler. I see that there looked to be building supplies behind the goal, I presume thats for the 4th stand? Do Rovers fans think the additional capacity could be filled or will it become an away section type thing. Last nights game was a super attendance but was it a sell out. Its prudent when you get close to safe capacity that there is an increase but I think it would have taken from the overall impression of a packed ground if there was an empty stand there. Any consideration of rail seating for safe standing areas - I hate sitting in any ground!!

7067 last night so probably 400 short of capacity which is around 7500 with the number of seat kills for fan separation and front rows to avoid pitch invasions.
    Disappointing turn out from Derry fans maybe 350/400 although understandable given the distance involved in fairness.

Do i think the capacity of 10000 (with less seat kills needed maybe 9750 in reality) would be filled??
    Id say bohs matches if they stay competitive could fill it if we gave them the North Stand, other than that European matches with good opposition might fill it at the moment.
    If we can maintain success and keep growing attendances Pats and Shels maybe Dundalk who can bring good away support might also have a chance of filling it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    You’re correct te the building supplies- work had just started on the new stand and the enhancements ( corporate seating and extended hospitality and office area to the West Stand - completion date is late 2023- will be a fantastic set up once finished - hopefully DCC can hurry up and do something similar soon with Dayler and/or Tolka ; it’s a disgrace they don’t seem to be able to commit to start and finish dates - then again we can’t seem to complete seem to deliver basic infrastructure such as hospitals what chance have we of getting ‘luxury’ developments such as sports facilities completed -

no doubt the SF election manifesto will now include at least 2 new stadiums for every county in addition to the 100k houses they’ve promised to deliver/ ‘build’ if they manage to get elected and form a Govt (they’re not good at that) despite their own councillors objecting every chance they get to housing planning applications - they remind me of Nixon delaying the Viêtnam peace talks despite the mounting body count to help him win the 1968 election ….. glad I got that off my chest !!!
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 14/05/2022 at 6:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    You’re correct te the building supplies- work had just started on the new stand and the enhancements ( corporate seating and extended hospitality and office area to the West Stand - completion date is late 2023- will be a fantastic set up once finished - hopefully DCC can hurry up and do something similar soon with Dayler and/or Tolka ; it’s a disgrace they don’t seem to be able to commit to start and finish dates - then again we can’t seem to complete seem to deliver basic infrastructure such as hospitals what chance have we of getting ‘luxury’ developments such as sports facilities completed -

no doubt the SF election manifesto will now include at least 2 new stadiums for every county in addition to the 100k houses they’ve promised to deliver/ ‘build’ if they manage to get elected and form a Govt (they’re not good at that) despite their own councillors objecting every chance they get to housing planning applications - they remind me of Nixon delaying the Viêtnam peace talks despite the mounting body count to help him win the 1968 election ….. glad I got that off my chest !!!

SF policy is a free everything for everybody without having to actually work and paid for by someone else.........
    I pity the poor someone elses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts

I'm glad you said it as I have been thinking it but it would have been just another off topic random rant from me an get rolling eyes. I still cannot understand how there isnt turnkey clauses to major projects - a tender is selected, if the costs overrun its at least partly covered by the company that underestimated costs in their submitted tender, for every month over schedule within reason eg weather delays, a penalty occurs where overall profit margin for the developer gets a few quid less each time. Legislate to prevent the inflation of tender costs to the state due to the 'off a broad back' attitude - private companies dont get tenders the same as similar public projects in my experience. Source and use companies and suppliers from across the EU/UK that are the most competitive. Reform the planning system especially ABP etc etc. A case study on Finn Harps ground development would be an interesting one. The issue around the NMH is bonkers, not necessarily due to the current governing parties but symptomatic of a broken system, poor civil service oversight, issues that any government would be facing. If it were to happen again then government need a rap over the knuckles. We have had significant improvement in NRA projects coming in on time and under budget so a template is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    SF policy is a free everything for everybody without having to actually work and paid for by someone else.........
    I pity the poor someone elses.
    I wouldnt be pitying the bankers throwing the loans at a shinner govt with the fortune they'd make, they wanted to default in the past so if things got out of hand in the future.....well it'd be some mess for the rest to clean up in a subsequent Dail.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    An empty stand is still better than having an empty space ar one end of the ground and surely that fourth stand would be used for away supporters anyway which would create a far better atmosphere

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    no doubt the SF election manifesto will now include at least 2 new stadiums for every county
    Strictly for GAA use only though. Lest we all become West Brit tans by watching players kick the ball without using their hands.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    A few recent Galway United attendances

A v Cobh 652

A v Wexford 342

I'm still looking for official attendances for our away games at Bray & Athlone.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I'd say about 1800 at the Bowl last night. More than the Bohs game earlier; plenty of people sitting/standing on the grass banks, which was a nice retro touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'd say about 1800 at the Bowl last night. More than the Bohs game earlier; plenty of people sitting/standing on the grass banks, which was a nice retro touch
    All there to see my son do mascot and play HT game with Mount Merrion Youths. And to hassle some former Hoops and Mount Merrion keeper for autographs and selfies.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The security guy at the front gate end side of the ground was reluctant to let anyone sit/stand on the grass banks in the 2nd half to watch the end that Rovers were shooting in to, but once it was realized that there was no immediate threat to anyone's existence there was a relaxation of the rules.
    Have always enjoyed the relative calm of games in belfield, as a juxtaposition to the experience of most away games for Rovers
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Yeah, grass banks technically aren't allowed under licensing afaik. But as something different, it's a nice way to watch a game. Used to do the same in Belfield Park from time to time too

Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast