Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1309

Thread: Attendances 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Sad truth of it is, third-level students these days want to spend as little time on campus as they can. When I was at uni, you needed to put in the hours in the library between classes and into the evenings. Now all the resources are online, and you can skip lectures because the notes – and maybe the recording – are in the VLE. Where I work, a common student request is for classes to be consolidated into as few days per week as possible. Partly it’s because rents are unaffordable so they’re commuting very long distances, but also because Covid opened the genie’s bottle on online and hybrid learning. Could be a lot of real estate on HE campuses in the next decade, though I hope not.
    That kind of is the point, maybe UCD shouldnt focus on just students as their core following, but try and develop a base in Dublin South-East.

Of course it can be done, and there are plenty of ex university teams about in the top leagues across the world but I doubt anybody in UCD cares what a random poster says about this stuff... fun little mind excercise tho.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    I always thought Donegal people have generally been particularly attached to their county, so just as the GAA team are well supported, Harps should be able to bring a Derry-level crowd to Lansdowne?
    Derry apparently had over 20,000 at Lansdowne on Sunday. I can't see where you'd get anywhere near that number for Harps to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Derry apparently had over 20,000 at Lansdowne on Sunday. I can't see where you'd get anywhere near that number for Harps to be honest.
    Doubt if we'd bring 20,000, but never underestimate a Donegal bandwagon.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I think you're right. Probably the most fans from one team at a final in modern history.

What would be interesting is if both Derry city and Shamrock rovers are top two next season which I think it will be and both teams contest the final we could be looking at a full stadium. Between the both clubs and the amount of neutrals it's definitely possible.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Finn Harps will be facing an 820 kilometre round trip to Kerry. Other lenghty trips are to Waterford (800km), Wexford (750km) and Cobh in Cork (860km).
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    I think you're right. Probably the most fans from one team at a final in modern history.

What would be interesting is if both Derry city and Shamrock rovers are top two next season which I think it will be and both teams contest the final we could be looking at a full stadium. Between the both clubs and the amount of neutrals it's definitely possible.
    I'm not so sure about that, did Bohs not take 20k+ last year, outnumbered Pats anyway from memory reading reports.

What about the first final at the Aviva Sligo v Sham Rovers, was it 37K, good chance 20k of that in green.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    That Sligo Shamrock final had a huge amount of neutrals at it, as it was the first game in the new Lansdowne. I even had a cousin there who has never been to a football game before or since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    That Sligo Shamrock final had a huge amount of neutrals at it, as it was the first game in the new Lansdowne. I even had a cousin there who has never been to a football game before or since.
    I'd a cousin of my great uncles friends aunts nephew who attended that game.

We need to keep after the day trippers,make sure they come back. Easier said than done unfortunately.One day trippers for the cheap seats.Event junkies,FAI and LoI sites should spam the arse of them

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not modern times but I was at the 1980 Waterford/St Pats final. Attendance was given as 28k and there was definitely 20k up from Waterford that day. I remember reports stating they outnumbered Pats fans 6 to 1 that day

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I'd a cousin of my great uncles friends aunts nephew who attended that game.

We need to keep after the day trippers,make sure they come back. Easier said than done unfortunately.One day trippers for the cheap seats.Event junkies,FAI and LoI sites should spam the arse of them
    GAA Just watched a few minutes on RTE Rathoath V The Downs in Croke Park there is probably 2-3 thousand in a stadium that holds circa 80,000. The quality of the game is not great. It doesn't make a good advertisement for the game and yet RTE show it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, did Bohs not take 20k+ last year, outnumbered Pats anyway from memory reading reports.

What about the first final at the Aviva Sligo v Sham Rovers, was it 37K, good chance 20k of that in green.
    Sure half of those were Wrexham fans.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    GAA Just watched a few minutes on RTE Rathoath V The Downs in Croke Park there is probably 2-3 thousand in a stadium that holds circa 80,000. The quality of the game is not great. It doesn't make a good advertisement for the game and yet RTE show it.
    RTE becoming like Sky, showing a GAA game at all costs even though the entertainment levels and interest is at a minimum! ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rovers sold 1000 season tickets in the 1st 24 hrs after sales opened apparently.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    RTE becoming like Sky, showing a GAA game at all costs even though the entertainment levels and interest is at a minimum! ?
    I'd love to see viewing figures for games like this but I work with GAA fanatics who litreally watch every single live GAA going, they'd even stream local underage games and all, there's more people like that out there than we think as LOI people

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Generally 50-60k, according to the Medialive website, which, sadly, is on a par with LoI matches on RTE.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

If this is for league games, the average attendance would be just under 3,734.
    Last edited by culloty82; 22/11/2022 at 12:51 PM. Reason: 16 games, not 18.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Some hugely impressive crowds this season. I'n looking for a complete list of attendances for the season, I tried the LOI official site, but nothing there that I could find - you'd think they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Or is this site reliable?
    https://www.worldfootball.net/attend...vision-2022/3/

Not sure how some clubs (Shams, Dundalk, Drogs) played so many more games than others, both home and overall - playoffs?

EDIT: Seems they simply didn't have the full figures for some clubs.
    Last edited by EalingGreen; 22/11/2022 at 3:10 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Some hugely impressive crowds this season. I'n looking for a complete list of attendances for the season, I tried the LOI official site, but nothing there that I could find - you'd think they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Or is this site reliable?
    https://www.worldfootball.net/attend...vision-2022/3/

Not sure how some clubs (Shams, Dundalk, Drogs) played so many more games than others, both home and overall - playoffs?
    Not sure where the figures in that link are coming from but they’re totally inaccurate/inconsistent.

Straight away Pats, Rovers and Derry all had higher averages than that, Harps and UCD had lower averages than that and the random number of games makes no sense. If they’re taking European/cup games into account for rovers then they haven’t included them all and haven’t included any cup/euro games for Pats/Derry/Sligo, likewise Drogheda and Dundalk didn’t play that many home games in 2022 and shels played more than 17 home games. There’s no doubt more inaccuracies in that link but that’s just at a glance
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    It looks to be at a midpoint in the season and includes both home and away games.

You can select "home" and it'll show UCD with an average of 842 for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    It looks to be at a midpoint in the season and includes both home and away games.

You can select "home" and it'll show UCD with an average of 842 for example.
    Although I rather unhelpfully linked to the Overall table, the Home table still looks very unbalanced eg Drogs 15 homes, Shams and Dundalk 13 each, versus Derry and Shels 6 each and Finn Harps 8:
    https://www.worldfootball.net/attend...vision-2022/1/

Can hardly be the midpoint, no?

Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast