Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1309

Thread: Attendances 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Over 7,000 in the RSC in the last week. Shows the potential is there if the club is run properly.

For one of problem men behind the scenes - the club are now seeking applicants to take over his role on a full time permanent basis. Seemingly one of the Fleetwood board members is over seeing the recruitment process. Finally might see the back of Rub which would be huge for the club, and gives the club an opportunity to grow and stabilise. By all accounts there’s a long list of businesses who wanted nothing to do with the club whilst he is involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    I remember being in the top two rows of Block E when there were only two rows to speak of, how times have changed.

Lads.. how does one upload an image on here? can't seem to figure it out at all >.>
    Last edited by SPXcyan; 17/09/2022 at 4:35 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPXcyan View Post
    I remember being in the top two rows of Block E when there were only two rows to speak of, how times have changed.

Lads.. how does one upload an image on here? can't seem to figure it out at all >.>
    Managed to upload a photo, but was told it was 156,000 characters long, and needed to be 10,000 characters - wouldn't mind, but it was just a standard-sized stock photo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPXcyan View Post

Don’t get to many games these days as I ain’t waterford based anymore. But nothing better then seeing a full RSC with a packed out Block E, the ‘older’ heads deserves huge credit. Never gave up even when it was a dozen lads and a drum. We’d so many false starts and broken promises leading to many a broken heart. Despite all the sh*t we’ve gone through the years regards if we manage to go on and have any success. The thing you want to see more then anything is the club become a stable full time side.

With the club now seeking a full time permanent commercial manager you can only hope it means the end for a certain individual on the board. Hopefully the other cowboy gets the boot when the seasons come to an end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Don’t get to many games these days as I ain’t waterford based anymore. But nothing better then seeing a full RSC with a packed out Block E, the ‘older’ heads deserves huge credit. Never gave up even when it was a dozen lads and a drum. We’d so many false starts and broken promises leading to many a broken heart. Despite all the sh*t we’ve gone through the years regards if we manage to go on and have any success. The thing you want to see more then anything is the club become a stable full time side.

With the club now seeking a full time permanent commercial manager you can only hope it means the end for a certain individual on the board. Hopefully the other cowboy gets the boot when the seasons come to an end.
    It's certainly difficult to be missing out on the match day experience, thankfully we can both enjoy the LoiTV service which has been great, well at least it was last year with a proper cameraman, but we'd be lost without the service otherwise.
    I'd also echo the point about wanting a fully professional setup at the club and consistent stability to boot.

I'd say it's quite clear that a certain individual will be removed in the near future, no doubt the new owner listens to the fans and will likely investigate what has gone on throughout the years with that "thing" ruining things!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    How big was the crowd at Eamonn Deasy Park yesterday?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    FAI Cup Quarter Finals were all well attended, games at Waterford, Shels & Derry had 3,500 crowds while about 1,500 were at the Markets Field for Treaty and UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    FAI Cup Quarter Finals were all well attended, games at Waterford, Shels & Derry had 3,500 crowds while about 1,500 were at the Markets Field for Treaty and UCD.
    What do RSC and Tolka hold these days? Would have thought they were sold out and hold 4000+?

1,500 is great for Treaty vs UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    4,000 est at the Brandywell. First time in years they actually sold terrace tickets. 🤔

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    The RSC seats 3,035 and has a total capacity of just over 5,000.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Potential attendances for possible Cup Final!

Derry v Waterford 30,000+
    Derry v Shels 25,000
    Treaty v Waterford 20,000
    Treaty v Shels 15,000

I reckon Waterford have the biggest potential for attracting a big following to the Aviva in Dublin, even more likely then Shels!

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Derry v Shels 25,000
    Treaty v Shels 15,000

I reckon Waterford have the biggest potential for attracting a big following to the Aviva in Dublin, even more likely then Shels!
    And yet no potential guess for that fixture?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts

Derry v Shels 25,000
    Treaty v Shels 15,000

I honestly think they're all too high. I can't see Derry and Waterford each bringing 15,000 to a final in Dublin. Maybe 7-10,000 each at a push ?

It's hard to know what sort of support Shels could drum up on the day, as it depends how much work they put in around North Dublin.

Treaty v Shels would be lucky to top 12,000 IMO, and could even be as low as 10k.

Will be interesting to see how many Waterford do bring to the final if they make it. It's a medium-sized town in reality, with only 50,000 people. Derry has about twice the popualtion but has the additional travel distance to contend with. You'd expect Waterford to get a few extra on the crowd from novelty factor. Plus there are presumably a lot of Deise folk living in Dublin.

Whichever combination of teams it is in the final, the FAI should have left the ticket price at the same level as last year. Poor decision on their part.
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 19/09/2022 at 1:52 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Well Waterford v Shels is a combination that won't be happening in the cup final.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Waterford didn't bring a big crowd in 2004. There was only around 10k at it in total. Our crowd was down on the previous year but it was around 4k or 5k as I recall.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Yeah I was at the final in 2004, I think we only brought roughly 4k to it, no chance on us bringing a larger crowd than 10k if we do manage to make the final.

Waterford as a whole has a population of 127k (April 2022), and has increased by 11k over the last 6 years.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Maybe because it can't be a Waterford/Shels final this year m8!

But the RSC for a semi-final could have over 4,000 at present, but with temporary seating arranged behind both goals, it could increase that to 6,000!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Derry v Shels would probably just about have the potential to be the biggest crowd but I think any combination will be doing very well to get to 30,000, just can’t see it.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Well Waterford v Shels is a combination that won't be happening in the cup final.
    Maybe because it can't be a Waterford/Shels final this year m8!

But the RSC for a semi-final could have over 4,000 at present, but with temporary seating arranged behind both goals, it could increase that to 6,000!
    I could pretend I was being tongue-in-cheek but I suspect I'm so focussed on the other semi-final that I just completely overlooked that obvious fact. Mea culpa! 😁

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Derry v Shels would probably just about have the potential to be the biggest crowd but I think any combination will be doing very well to get to 30,000, just can’t see it.
    I think the flip side of that is it could be a nice medium-term boost to the two clubs that do make it through.

Derry haven't reached a Cup final in eight years. It's 11 years for Shels, 18 years for Waterford and 40 years since Limerick last got there. None of them have even won the league since 2006. It's not like Rovers/Dundalk/Cork who were monopolising the finals and titles in recent years.

OK, the final might only have 20k at it, but if it helps raise the clubs' profile so that it puts a couple of hundred onto the weekly gates, that would be just as good, if not better.

21. Thanks From:

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast