Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Derry-Finn Harps sold out.
    Are there reserved season ticket spaces in both stands Brendy? Seemed to be a fair swathe of empty seats in both stands from the stream.

Must be a lot of pressure on elected officials locally now too, given Brandywell has been sold out effectively every game this season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Going to Talla all the time and am always interested in attendances there was deffo less than 7 k there but the attendance was 6K plus not. I noticed a few season ticket holder around me not there as on Hols. Its that time of the year. Good Shels support btw and gave brilliant support to their team.
    It definitely wasn't above 6,000, photos I took of the match show the east stand (with supposedly a limited amount of tickets) before kick-off was barely past 50% capacity and as it holds 3,000 you're looking at a generous estimate of 1,300 empty seats. Scattered sections of empty seats in the sold out South stand and a visible amount empty seats in the also sold out main West stand.

Looks to me Rovers were hyping up a 7k plus and potential sell out in the day before the game to drive up last minute ticket sales and they had to validate that strategy by claiming the 7,011 near sell out attendance number. We all know some clubs in the LOI over the years have inflated their attendances numbers by including all season ticket holders as attending even if they are absent or by outright fabricating the attendance, everyone including sponsors cop onto that eventually Rovers don't need to do it when they are already generating brilliant numbers
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Are there reserved season ticket spaces in both stands Brendy? Seemed to be a fair swathe of empty seats in both stands from the stream.

Must be a lot of pressure on elected officials locally now too, given Brandywell has been sold out effectively every game this season.
    Yes, but some people don't go to their seats. A few hundred stand beside the new stand who would be ST holders. You can't buy standing tickets for some reason, so they buy a seat and never use it.
    In the other stand, people will buy a ticket but stand in the likes of Block J/K, hence the empty seats.

Long story about the funding allocation for the completion of the new stand, but the season has highlighted the need for it.
    Have you ever won the treble?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    2889 in Orel I think.
    Per update on Oriel Web, seems to be inconsistencies with scanners with a lot saying their tickets not scanning, take 10% as a probable figure, which would see this latest 'official' one really 3,177 which seems more accurate to me.

The other thing of course is that majority owners are a sports data company, and we can't seem to get this right !!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Per update on Oriel Web, seems to be inconsistencies with scanners with a lot saying their tickets not scanning, take 10% as a probable figure, which would see this latest 'official' one really 3,177 which seems more accurate to me.

The other thing of course is that majority owners are a sports data company, and we can't seem to get this right !!
    it'd take a bit longer but an accurate figure could done the old fashioned way of counting gate receipts, clickers, turnstile counter. Irrespective of accurate attendances if there was a need to evacuate the ground I doubt emergency services would be too pleased if there was 2-300 people more in attendance that the figures they'd be given due to tickets not scanning. Aside from online/season ticket sales there has to be a better way than still buying from a ticket booth, cash only afaik, and walking a few meters to then have ticket scanned entering the ground.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    There was over 3000+ at Tallaght on Friday night for the U21's 3-0 win against Bosnia.

Any attendance figure for Ireland's U21's 3-1 win over Montenegro on Sunday?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    There was over 3000+ at Tallaght on Friday night for the U21's 3-0 win against Bosnia.

Any attendance figure for Ireland's U21's 3-1 win over Montenegro on Sunday?
    It was just over 3,100 again. I was a minute or two late and they didn't even look at my ticket, never mind scan it, so attendance might have been a bit more even. I was in a different stand so always hard to estimate, but felt like there was a good few more at the game yesterday. The way ticetmaster/FAI released the tickets for both games can't have helped the attendance as when you looked online there was generally only drips and drabs available.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    3057 on Friday and 3126 yesterday were the official figures announced at the matches
    Paaatrick's Agletic

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    3057 on Friday and 3126 yesterday were the official figures announced at the matches
    Richie Sadlier was very critical of the lack of support yesterday in Tallaght but surely with a bank holiday it would lessen than increase gates.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    He is right but we all know the tendency of the Irish sporting public to be bandwagoners. The U21s havent yet won their spurs in the public psyche regardless of what has been a very good campaign. Its a pity the Italy game isnt at home as it could have sold out as a winner takes all. If we are in a play-off I think it will be a good attendance for the home leg. This u21 side is still flying a bit under the radar but the FAI could push things more eg Noss as a Bundesliga player, Smallbone in the EPL and of course tapping in to LoI support for our domestic players. There isnt a connect between the u21s and the sporting public imo, in contrast to other underage sides that have reached at least elite phases of qualifiers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    I read today that if Ireland qualify for U21s finals they could be playing in Turners Cross. I think that would be a superb idea imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I read today that if Ireland qualify for U21s finals they could be playing in Turners Cross. I think that would be a superb idea imo.
    It’s in Romania and Georgia

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Are Romania and Georgia jointly hosting the tournament ? They're nowhere near each other !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Yeah they’re joint hosts. Just swim across the Black Sea. Be grand.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Well there isnt a whole lot of shipping going on so now would be the time....is there even flight routes crossing without rerouting south toward Turkish airspace. Strange pairing but the decision was before everything on the north coast became a warzone. Id presume that group fixtures will be kept in one or other of the countries - can each side of the knockouts be kept in the same country as the group participants up to the final or is the format already set. UEFA have managed complex draws before but have often led to more inconvenience in travel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Meant to say that Irish U21 side could be playing in Turners Cross if they decide to move games from Tallaght but whether FAI are brave enough to move is another days battle!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Meant to say that Irish U21 side could be playing in Turners Cross if they decide to move games from Tallaght but whether FAI are brave enough to move is another days battle!
    They should try it to see what the crowds are like. You could imagine a 4,000+ turnout for a decent U21 fixture in Cork. Novelty factor alone would drive a few souls there for a one-off.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Any official attendances from the weekend? Was at Wexford & it looked very poor, disappointing for the club as most competitive team they have had for a few years

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Any official attendances from the weekend? Was at Wexford & it looked very poor, disappointing for the club as most competitive team they have had for a few years
    Have Wexford ever had decent crowds ? How many were they getting in the early days ? Or in that run they had to the League Cup Final ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Off the top of my head, Wexford got 3,500 for the League Cup Final against Derry in 2008 and 2,200 for their first home match against Cobh in 2007. About 1,350 attended the home match when we won the First Division against Athlone in 2015. The figures for the first two matches mentioned above on Wikipedia are a bit lower than what I remember but the differences are not worth worrying about.

24. Thanks From:

Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast