Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2022 Predictions list

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    I worry about the amount of players Bohemians have brought in on loan, they've lost a few decent players and I'm not sure they're strong enough to break into the top 4/5
    Dundalk and Pat's have the exact same amount of players on loan. Abankwah is one of the Pat's loans to be fair but still.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Looking at the squads, players in/out, and where the money seems to be, obviously Shams, Derry and St.Pats have to be the leaders in those stakes!

I'd go with Shams to retain their title, St.Pats for second based on last year form and Derry pushing both close if their new signings and squad click and hit the ground running!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    They do play a good brand in fairness, and yes you're right, we did beat them well in Terryland and our best performance of the season was probably when we beat them easily in Belfield, but at the end of the day, they went up. They absolutely dismantled Waterford in the final after a shaky start, and came through against a Bray Wanderers team that we somehow failed to score against over 180 minutes of football. They've kept all their best players. They'll definitely be on the end of a few rough results in the coming season but I fancy them to just stay up.

I wouldn't say it would be a shock if ourselves or Cork City won the First Division, like Waterford aren't huge favourites, but they seem the strongest. A lot will have to click for us to win it I feel. We've taken a chance bringing in two Spanish players, they'll have to hit the ground running. In fairness to JC, last year in ways, we were unlucky. Ronan Manning tore his ACL after only a few weeks and another promising player, Francely Lomboto, broke his leg in our final pre-season game, they both missed the entire season. Hurley will be a key player for us this year, last season he was used mostly as an attacking midfielder and he seemed like a fish out of water, he seems to have been restored to a deeper role now and looks much more at home. Our gameplan will never revolve around retaining the ball, that's not JC's style, it's going to go forward, and then we have to hope the attackers he has brought in adapt to how he wants to play.

Hopefully Waterford being a bit of a basketcase of a club rears its ugly head again this season and we can take advantage of that.
    I think on paper Waterford have to be huge favourites, but your last line is key. They have had a tendency to self destruct in recent years. If they don't win the division it will be because they have torn themselves apart again, or one of the other teams unearths an unexpected gem who scores 25+ and propels them through the season. I don't think we have that player so will be hoping we can maximize what we do have and make the playoffs, or Waterford implode.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Dundalk and Pat's have the exact same amount of players on loan. Abankwah is one of the Pat's loans to be fair but still.
    Shambolics
    Stroke city
    St Patricias
    Gypsies
    Dab o red.
    Dalymount Co Tennants
    St Pats Co Louth
    Drogba
    Finnula Harpes
    Pupils

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Shambolics
    Stroke city
    St Patricias
    Fan Owned Club
    ST Pats Co Louth
    Dab of pink
    Droghbas
    Dalymount Co Tennants
    Finnula harpes
    Pupils

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Hopefully Waterford being a bit of a basketcase of a club rears its ugly head again this season and we can take advantage of that.
    Other then sacking the manager last year - which nobody is aware of what happened. What exactly has the owner down to suggest things will go pear shaped this year? If there’s anything Galway and Cork should be concerned is the owner putting his hand in his pocket in the summer again. In fairness to him he messed up last year but he went and ensured we’d the best possible chance this year.

The fact it’s the first time in years we’ve managed to keep most of squad and the better young players is a huge positive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers still 4/6 to win the league. After the first set of games it looks like most people are on track with their predictions.
    Derry might push Rovers more than people thought though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    Shamrock Rovers still 4/6 to win the league. After the first set of games it looks like most people are on track with their predictions.
    Derry might push Rovers more than people thought though.
    I hope mine is on track but Jack still has a ways to go to get up to speed and Derry have taken off even quicker than I thought.

I was way off on UCD. Really thought Whelan would score goals but it looks like Kerrigan has adapted to the higher level more easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    1. Rovers
    2. Derry

(Title race between two. Seems like Rovers by a mile. Duffy and Fats are great signings if Fats is not injured. If Patching and Dummigan are the same players for Derry as Dundalk, I wouldnt expect too much).

3-6 Dundalk/ Sligo/ Pats/ Bohs...

(All weaker from last year. A lot of changes at Dundalk and Pats and Bohs. Sligo losing Mahon and Kenny is difficult.)

7-9 Shels- Drogheda- Harps
    (Havent been to impressed with Shels payers brought in, Drogheda had some intresting signings, but lost so much. Harps I think will be weaker from last year).

10. UCD

(finshed 3 in last years first and added no players. And might lose some in the summer (when they normally get better)).

Really all teams apart from Rovers and UCD have changed too much to really know anything at this time.

Top Scorer: Hoban
    FAI Cup: Dundalk
    First Manager: Duff or Buckley

The groups are all roughly accurate, just Derry above Rovers is the only real mistake (others can change within a game). But really, it is one group from 3rd to 8th, only 3 points separting those 5 positions.

It will be interesting how the league continues to develop. Rovers have seemed to have picked up some form, definitly wouldnt write them off (actually personally still expect them to win). UCD are already 8 points away from full safety.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    1. Rovers - If jack is the player he was pre his covid and back issues I don't see us being caught this year at least. Derry will lead for a while though until injuries take their toll.

2. Derry - they should be able to turn the Brandywell into a bit of a fortress with the local lads and buzz about the place. Suppose that could go the other way with the pressure getting to them but I thought they'd do well under Higgins even without the signings they've made so....they could really challenge.

3. Pats - they may have an even better manager now than before...and I rate O'Donnell. Doyle is a phenomenal signing. Just think Benson and Desmond are huge losses.

4. Dundalk - got rid of the ****e. Added Benson and kept Hoban. They'll be strong enough for me even without Duffy.

5. Sligo - have enough about the place to not fall into the dogfight but losing Mahon and Kenny is huge

I think it will be close between the rest with a lot of movement but.....I'll go with:

6. Bohs - Kelly kept them out of the relegation battle last year and I think they'll figured out a way to do it again but will have to spread the goals out a bit. Big year for Devoy.

7. Shels

8. Drogs

9. UCD - Whelans goals to have them in the race for Europe while those around them struggle to find the net.... until he leaves to join Rovers and pushes us over the edge in a battle with Derry. UCD to slide from there but just about stay above the bottom.

10. Harps - probably not but the signings are risky and they lost some good players. Coyle in particular was really impressive and Hery ain't no replacement.

Top scorer - Doyle
    Cup - Pats
    First manager gone - Higgins.....to replace whoever replaces Barry for Ireland when the replacement inevitably leaves in 6 months.
    Eoin Doyle really let me down here and I got Derry's home and away form mixed up.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Premier Division:

1. Shamrock Rovers
    2. Derry City
    3. Dundalk
    4. St. Patrick's Athletic
    5. Sligo Rovers
    6. Bohemians

7. Drogheda United
    8. Finn Harps
    9. Shelbourne
    10. UCD

First Division:

1. Waterford
    2. Cork City
    3. Bray Wanderers
    4. Galway United
    5. Longford Town
    6. Treaty United
    7. Wexford
    8. Athlone Town
    9. Cobh Ramblers

FAI Cup Winners: Shamrock Rovers
    Top Scorer (PD): Pat Hoban
    First Manager to leave (PD): None
    First Manager to leave (FD): John Caulfield

I think Shamrock Rovers should romp home again, could be close between 2nd to 6th and then another gap with 7th to 10th all close battling for relegation
    Top 6 spot on here TH!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234