Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: FAO Supporters Trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

FAO Supporters Trust

I along with others supported the Supporters Trust in their fund raising race night. Half of July has now gone, and Iwonder when is the money raised going to be handed over to the club. We were told the money raised was going to be given to the club to strengthen the squad in the July transfer window period.

I'm wondering, what is happening?
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Redzar, How much money are you talking about?I think there were only 20/30 people at the race night so they really couldn't have raised much money.Gary Kelly has said on here that it is taking a good while to sort out the legal end of things - to register the trust etc and I'm sure there has been expenses - legal fees etc that have been paid. I'm sure that Gary will let us know the up to date position whenever he logs on next.Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to go to one of their meetings - they are on every Tues night at 7.30pm - I'm not sure where.I'm sure the lads would welcome your input and help in any future fundraising that they might undertake.
    I'm sure you'll let us know how you got on if you decide to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Hi, to you also Sligo1. AFAIK the money raised was over 2000 Euro. I don’t recall seeing a final figure. But, whatever it is, it was raised for the purpose of strengthening the squad during the July transfer period. As half the month is over, I am asking when will the funds be made available to Sean, for the purpose it was raised. There is nothing sinister or otherwise about it. I am just asking the question.
    As I said, I along with others supported the venture. And I will again. Its obvious from Saturdays result that we need at least one more player, and perhaps more if we are have the ambition to win this league.
    I read in the “Scene” newspaper, that the Trust was creating a badge. IMO that is a complete waste of money. The field of play should be the priority. I certainly did not contribute to the race night for money to be spent on foolish merchandise.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Firstly, I would like to thank all the supporters for the support given to us and also to our sponsors for the help they have given to us. Without ye guys none of what we would like to achieve is possible.

I am taking issue with this thread about the work of the supporters trust for the following reasons:

Firstly, if any of ye have a queries or need more information about what the trust is doing, please email info@thebitored.org or see www.thebitored.org for further contact details. Better still come to our meeting every tuesday at around 7.30 in the riverside hotel bar.

Secondly we have been in negotiation with the club and have released €2.5k to the club, however it is up to them to decide on potential transfer targets etc. The remainder of the monies have been used on such things as registering the trust, website expenses etc.

Thirdly, the trust badge is kindly being created free of charge by a graphic designer, and will provide us future monies from the sale of some trust merchandise.

As you all can appreciate that we are doing this on a part time basis. (Please bear with us, and we will deliver!) If you would like to help out, please come to our meetings or contact one of us, we are always open to new members/ideas.

Regards

John
    Who put the ball in the Derry net.......Theres only one Gerry Carr.

FAI CUP 1994

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jstuff
    Firstly, I would like to thank all the supporters for the support given to us and also to our sponsors for the help they have given to us. Without ye guys none of what we would like to achieve is possible.

I am taking issue with this thread about the work of the supporters trust for the following reasons:

Firstly, if any of ye have a queries or need more information about what the trust is doing, please email info@thebitored.org or see www.thebitored.org for further contact details. Better still come to our meeting every tuesday at around 7.30 in the riverside hotel bar.

Secondly we have been in negotiation with the club and have released €2.5k to the club, however it is up to them to decide on potential transfer targets etc. The remainder of the monies have been used on such things as registering the trust, website expenses etc.

Thirdly, the trust badge is kindly being created free of charge by a graphic designer, and will provide us future monies from the sale of some trust merchandise.

As you all can appreciate that we are doing this on a part time basis. (Please bear with us, and we will deliver!) If you would like to help out, please come to our meetings or contact one of us, we are always open to new members/ideas.

Regards

John
    Thanks for the info, jstuff.
    A few points if I may. I'm sorry if you have to take issue with a legitimate question.
    I had looked on the Trust website as you suggested, but there is no mention of funds released to the club on it, at least I cant see it.
    It is not possible for me and I'm sure others to attend the meetings, due to work commitments. Believe me I would be there if it were possible.
    So, how else do we get information if it is not posted.
    I am delighted to hear that the money is been given to bring in players. Its a pity that I have to ask these questions, this information should be available to supporters without having to ask. I dont accept that we should have to e-mail the Trust to get information.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cheers Redzer for your queries, good to see such interest.

Firstly on the information side of things:We do have a piece every fortnight in the local Scene newspaper which carries information relating to the trust and whats happening with it.We also have a column in the match program and our website carries info also.At our meeting 2 weeks ago we have floated the idea of trying to re-introduce a fanzine for supporters which will also carry all information on the Trust activities and progress.We did make it a point from the outset that not everyone used the net or had access to a computer so we do try as best we can to use lovcal radio and press also.
    Please remember we are operating with quite a small committee and have achieved quite a lot in the short time we have been in existence, hopefully when we tie up the registartion and commence a membership drive we can get some more members on board which will be a great help.

Hope this covers your query on information.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer
    Its a pity that I have to ask these questions, this information should be available to supporters without having to ask. I dont accept that we should have to e-mail the Trust to get information.
    The money was given to the club last Tuesday at Lincoln game. I'm not having a pop at anyone but it's very easy to say that supporters should have information without having to ask. This is what we try to do but it's a demanding job setting up a trust so we hope to get to a point where everything is running more efficiently. I've been in Europe since wed until today so could not update website with any information. unfortunately i'm the only one in the trust that has the knowledge to do this so it hasnt been done. Will do later on. I'm taking steps to build a new website which with a few simple clicks will allow anyone regardless of technical ability to update the website. We are also going to be putting on regular newsletters, but this has fallen foul of small committee and limited time. It will happen though. The trust is only fledgling so please do bear with us. I would say that the more people we can get involved the easier it will be to become the outfit that the trust has the potential to be. Thanks to everyone for supporting our first fundraiser and hopefully supporters would continue to do so in the future.

Trust Meeting is on at 7.30pm on Thursday night in The Riverside Hotel Bar. This is due to the C-e-l-t-i-c game being played tommorrow night.

Edit - forgot to mention that if ppl are interested but cannot attend meetings through work commitments then why not pop over to Mooneys on match days. We generally meet up there for a chat before the game. We're usually there between 6-7.
    Last edited by garykelly; 18/07/2005 at 4:34 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The money raised has gone towards the transfer of Paul Browne. So supporters can be proud that the money they raised has brought another player in. Once again thanks to all who supported the fundraiser and hopefully we can kick on now and raise some more funds for the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Fantastic news Gary. I didnt mean to pass any offence towards the Trust with my question. I just wanted to know what was happening. Keep up the fund raising.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer
    Fantastic news Gary. I didnt mean to pass any offence towards the Trust with my question. I just wanted to know what was happening. Keep up the fund raising.
    No offence taken. Just trying to emphasise to everyone that it's hard to keep track of everything given our numbers in the trust. We'll try and keep updates more regualar, just in this instance the question arrived just before we knew ourselves that the player was been signed. We'll keep up the fund raising efforts and if everyone has any ideas at all then feel free to pass them on, even if ppl havent the time to actually help out. More ideas, the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    When is the next fund raiser if we do go up we will have to spend a lot on players if we are to stay up