Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Teams Left in Title Race

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Exclamation 3 Teams Left in Title Race

I think tonights results were fatal blows to Bohs & Drogs even allowing for games in hand.

Down to 2 cities & shels handing in having played more games.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just back from Cork. I will be very surprised if they don't win the league this season, easily the best domestic team we've played.

Bohs defence was shocking

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    Just back from Cork. I will be very surprised if they don't win the league this season, easily the best domestic team we've played.

Bohs defence was shocking
    Have to agree, Cork play by far the best football in the league. We were beaten on the night by a far far better team, although we did not help ourselves. Of the 3 teams hopefully Cork can go on and win it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    I think tonights results were fatal blows to Bohs & Drogs even allowing for games in hand.

Down to 2 cities & shels handing in having played more games.
    I dunno .... i thinks its too early yet to write them off yet ... City were 8 points of the top with 12 games to go (or something like that) last year. Being honest, if City didn't play so well then Bohs would have got something last night.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001
    Have to agree, Cork play by far the best football in the league. We were beaten on the night by a far far better team, although we did not help ourselves. Of the 3 teams hopefully Cork can go on and win it.
    funny enough Noel King was saying on Monday that bohs are the best footballing team in the league Thanks for the kind words lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Down to two cities"

That means you don't think Derry stand a chance ?? Watch out for the dangerous underdog...
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    "Down to two cities"

That means you don't think Derry stand a chance ?? Watch out for the dangerous underdog...
    Derry city and Cork city are two citys

Unless Shels really start improving soon,I'd count them out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought he was referring to Dublin and Cork.

Shels are NOT out of the title race yet ! Derry and Cork will have their bad run as well, and then we can catch up. The gap is not nice, but it can be crossed.
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    TBH way too early to start talking about 3 left in title race but if we can keep playing like we did last night..............................Great night at the cross, really shows what EL can be about, cracking game of football, good crowd etc etc I'm not being patronising but at least Bohs came down to play football which helps.
    Cork City FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On last night's showing, can't see Shels really challenging.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Derry and Cork will have their bad run as well

But what if we dont .... what then ??

The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    But what if we dont .... what then ??

we had our bad run at the start- 3 home games without a win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Please Win The League Derry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To say that the title race is down to 3 sides is naive. If Bohemians win their games in hand they are 9 points off the pace with 17 games remaining. That's a 9 point gap to bridge with 51 points to play for. They also are out of Europe. Drogheda are 11 points behind with 17 games remaining. Hardly insurmountable. They also dont have a European campaign to distract them.
    Business as usual

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzknows
    To say that the title race is down to 3 sides is naive. If Bohemians win their games in hand they are 9 points off the pace with 17 games remaining. That's a 9 point gap to bridge with 51 points to play for. They also are out of Europe. Drogheda are 11 points behind with 17 games remaining. Hardly insurmountable. They also dont have a European campaign to distract them.
    To put it another way, Bohs are 9 points behind Shels, but have 3 games in hand. I'm not saying Bohs will win all those games, but if you're going to could Shels as being in the title race, then you can't count Bohs out.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    To clarify Drogs are out of it now.
    Derry are in good form with no european distractions.
    Shels are only hanging in & a bad result away from being out of it. I don'y buy the injuries line as don't see them missing many players - just poor mform from current players.
    Many Bohs can win their games in hand but its asking a lot of small squad.

Everyone waiting for Cork City to have a bad run but the real pressure is on chasing teams to keep winning just to keep gap the same. Drogs game next will be huge after long trip to Lithuania.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads i think ruling people out of the league at the moment is a bit to earli would you not agree, maybe when were in the last 3rd of the league can we discuss it, and people counting Derry in the running for the title is a bit mad i feel, am a Derry fan and am loving the football this season again but i think if Derry finish 3rd we will take that no bother after all relegation was looming over us for so long!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    IF City beat Drogheda next Sunday, then I think Drogheda may be out of it. However, I think as it stands at the moment, there are 5 teams still in with a chance of winning the league and it will probably be another10 games before we can definitely count any of those 5 out.Next 3 weeks are the big test for City. The UEFA game this week is a long round trip, just one real day's rest before travelling up to Drogheda, and we'll be missing Joe Gamble. City's big challenge is to get between 5 and 9 points from Drogheda, Rovers and SPA, the games around the UEFA first round tie. If we get all 9 points, I think it would be looking good for City.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Way too early to write off anyone, the games in hand would change the table if certain teams win.

Having said that it's great to see the league in such good form. Derry Bohs all putting good runs together and Cork have lead the way Shels are still in the mix, I think the years of following the el have are paying off, fulltime summer football has really paid off.
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think that Drogheda were ever in the race. Paul Doolin as a manager is completely over-rated in my opinion.

In the first half of the season Cork have been the best team, without a doubt. We can only make predictions on the basis of what we have seen and they way that they are playing you would have to fancy Cork.

As for Shels, you definitely can not rule them out. Aside from 2 league wins from Bohs they have been the dominant team in the league this decade (though of course on league win was won off the pitch) and to rule them out with 17 games to go and only a 9 point deficit is premature. They are still in with a shout.

As of course are Derry City. They have no distractions of Europe, and Stephen Kenny is doing a great job. I don't know if they have the players though to keep it up.

As for Bohs, I expect a top 3 spot. As far as I am concerned our season started at half time in Drogheda earlier this season. Since then we have been in great domestic form. I don't think that we will win the league though.

Aside from Bohs, I hope that Cork win it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast