Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: My man of the match against Athlone Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My man of the match against Athlone Town

A great win with a great showing from the lads on the pitch and the lads off the pitch.

The lads on the pitch as far as I could see cruised home, everyone played well but my man of the match has to go to Big Ben at the back. 10/10. Nothing got past hime all night. I didn't think the Dubs kit was not that much like the Athlone kit to make us play in their away kit.

I was delighted to see us make all the noise in the sandbox, I expected the Athlone crowd to make a lot of noise or at least as much as they did when they played in Richmond. It was great to see such a good showing of traveling Vikings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great 3 points, great performance by Ben and great craic all round. Good to see a decent travelling support (and noticably appreciated by the players at the end) an all round good day out. The jersey thing was a bit of a joke, but I think for safety's sake we should always travel with the white kit from 2003 just in case, it doesn't take much effort to carry one extra bag...
    Lets hope we can repeat the dose on and off the field next Saturday away to Kilkenny...remember we'll have to go behind the goal lest we rupture any eardrums in the stand Therefore I suggest we bring any aul pots and pans we find to make as big a bleedin' racket as possible

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We'll be going back to a white away kit, next year. The present two kits were are bit too alike.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    We'll be going back to a white away kit, next year. The present two kits were are bit too alike.
    Guess who pointed that out when they were introduced only to be instantly shot down.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    Guess who pointed that out when they were introduced only to be instantly shot down.

By me? if i did i apologize. The previous away strip was to be a third strip. There was of course the green strip or the gold, goalkeeper shirt !!. I swear they looked great on paper. i'll get your input on the next one

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Heh, nah I can see where the concept came from (i.e., designing both kits in recognisably "Dublin" colours to maximize sales potential) but it did strike me as a potential difficulty. As far as I recall, however, we only wore the white kit once last season, away to Waterford. It was also used against St. Pat's in pre-season this year.

Saw a bloke wearing the Vikings American football top in Ballymun today, stopped me in my tracks somewhat. Is a total redesign planned for next year?
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    give you sneak , via e-mail on Monday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Off the topic of the game, but, I think the current kit is great. I think you will have to try hard to improve on what we have already. White is the easy option and if it's to help sell more for the sponsors then white is not the right gear.

Dublin then Irish colours are the way to go I think. Although why not have a third strip as it wont be long(and don't laugh) before we may need one for europe.

On another note, why did the keeper change from orange to gray in Athlone?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    this is the second year for the current kit, so its due a change. A third strip will have to made, but just for the team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    this is the second year for the current kit, so its due a change. A third strip will have to made, but just for the team
    And hopefully you may have one of those new third kit jersies spare for me.(please, please, please)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    only if your a good drummer on Thursday week

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! True Colours Of Dublin City

Well.. how bout we bein the first EL club to introduce a reversable jersey in the Dublin colours.. ya know.. navy blue home outside & light blue away inside so to speak.. & then have either a full white or a half green (Irish) & half navy blue (Dublin) as third choice for eh, yeh, European staged affairs etc.?

Nothin wrong with how it went with the selection of the 2 tones of blue for the last couple or so seasons... been lucky for us so far despite events, wen ya sit & think.