Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Belgium - Saturday, 26th March 2022 - Friendly

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Ah he's a long way wrong though. He's played pretty much every Swansea game this year
    You're absolutely right...... Kenny should be fired on the spot for his blatant lies and Obafemi should be told to go play for Nigeria because Irish fans are all to delicate to understand the nuances of managing the body from previous history of problems and an actual current injury.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    It’s never a good vibe when the Manager has to start stretching the truth on these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Oh FFS. This place.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Obafemi has started Swansea's last four games in a row, against Blackpool, Fulham, Coventry, and West Brom. He was named as a substitute against Sheffield United before that, after starting their previous four games against Bristol City, Stoke, Blackburn, and Luton
    http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Club...3&seasonID=151

Before that, he'd never started more than two consecutive games, which he did four times for Southampton
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 18/03/2022 at 5:30 PM.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Obafemi has started Swansea's last four games in a row, against Blackpool, Fulham, Coventry, and West Brom. He was named as a substitute against Sheffield United before that, after starting their previous four games against Bristol City, Stoke, Blackburn, and Luton
    http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Club...3&seasonID=151

Before that, he'd never started more than two consecutive games, which he did four times for Southampton
    So Kenny saying that Obafemi had never started more than 3 consecutive games before this season was in fact accurate!

Maybe Kenny is better at this media thing than people give him credit for......

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Great to see Ronan and Sykes in the team. Lovely footballers. Hope they can bring it to this level.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Great to see Ronan and Sykes in the team. Lovely footballers. Hope they can bring it to this level.
    I have really seen a lot of Sykes. Is he more of an attacking midfielder?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    So Kenny saying that Obafemi had never started more than 3 consecutive games before this season was in fact accurate!
    Except that's not what Kenny said. He referred to playing successive games, not starting them. (You should know this having posted it yourself) Obafemi came on as a sub against Sheffield United.

Somewhere between white and black is a whole heap of useful nuances of grey. You should try explore them sometime instead of this daft stuff of "So you're saying Kenny should be fired on the spot" and all the other nonsense in that post
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 18/03/2022 at 6:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Except that's not what Kenny said. He referred to playing successive games, not starting them. (You should know this having posted it yourself) Obafemi came on as a sub against Sheffield United.

Somewhere between white and black is a whole heap of useful nuances of grey. You should try explore them sometime instead of this daft stuff of "So you're saying Kenny should be fired on the spot" and all the other nonsense in that post

Perhaps you could clarify what exactly you are saying. You don’t seem to believe Kenny is telling the truth. Do you think he’s lying ? That would be extremely silly of him. All Obafemi would have to say in that case i# den6 he ever said that and he is available, at which point all he’ll breaks loose. Kenny is not that stupid.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    I think in fairness to kenny he is massaging the truth to protect the player from looking like a total prat. Kenny might think he needs him in the future so he fudges it a bit

The minute he lines up for swansea tomorrow i would be saying my goodbyes to him

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I think in fairness to kenny he is massaging the truth to protect the player from looking like a total prat. Kenny might think he needs him in the future so he fudges it a bit

The minute he lines up for swansea tomorrow i would be saying my goodbyes to him
    He will play for Swansea tomorrow and then he will use the international window to work the the physios as Kenny said

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    I have really seen a lot of Sykes. Is he more of an attacking midfielder?
    I've only see highlights to be fair but he looks like an attacking midfielder who can beat a man with a combination of tricks and pace. Although wikipedia has him down as an English traveller, Conservative Party politician, and diplomatic advisor, particularly with regard to the Middle East so he sounds versatile enough to slot in across the midfield and behind the striker I'd say. Although he favours the right.

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    He will play for Swansea tomorrow and then he will use the international window to work the the physios as Kenny said
    To be fair they are friendly games
    But I'm not sure how he is interested he is in Ireland. I couldn't think of a better opportunity to break into our starting 11 with the upcoming games. But he doesn't want to take it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    To be fair they are friendly games
    But I'm not sure how he is interested he is in Ireland. I couldn't think of a better opportunity to break into our starting 11 with the upcoming games. But he doesn't want to take it.
    Im not sure how Ive suddenly become the apologist for Obafemi. We cant forget that up to the last couple of months it looked like his career was going nowhere, mainly down to him being a bit of an (insert adjective here). So yeah, maybe there is a bit of that in this still, but I trust that what Kenny said in the presser is true. I dont think Kenny was ever a big fan of him either so I dont think he'd go too far out of his way to cover for Obafemi. Kenny said that when hes spoken to him this week the player has said he absolutely still wants to play for us, so I believe it should be left at that for now and lets see what happens if the run of form actually continues or will he be back to looking fairly crap before too long.
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 18/03/2022 at 7:33 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Im not sure how Ive suddenly become the apologist for Obafemi. We cant forget that up to the last couple of months it looked like his career was going nowhere, mainly down to him being a bit of an (insert adjective here). So yeah, maybe there is a bit of that in this still, but I trust that what Kenny said in the presser is true. I dont think Kenny was ever a big fan of him either so I dont think he'd go too far out of his way to cover for Obafemi. Kenny said that when hes spoken to him this week the player has said he absolutely still wants to play for us, so I believe it should be left at that for now and lets see what happens if the run of form actually continues or will he be back to looking fairly crap before too long.
    Well said. The Lad is been honest with Kenny he could easily take the call up and report a tight hamstring after swansea game tomorrow and pull out this is a much more mature approach

23. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    If Obafemi is not fully committed or has a bit of the Stephan Ireland's about him. We should get to the bottom of that and axe an talk of him as soon as possible.

If the truth lies closer to that he doesn't want to play for Kenny, then we should be wielding the axe elsewhere. We've already had a few players and coaches walk out of the Kenny set up. We can't really afford to be losing any potential talent.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    I know this might sound like a bit of a mad idea - but could we not just accept that the situation as explained today is what the situation actually is?

26. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I know this might sound like a bit of a mad idea - but could we not just accept that the situation as explained today is what the situation actually is?
    Naive.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Perhaps you could clarify what exactly you are saying. You don’t seem to believe Kenny is telling the truth. Do you think he’s lying ? That would be extremely silly of him. All Obafemi would have to say in that case i# den6 he ever said that and he is available, at which point all he’ll breaks loose. Kenny is not that stupid.
    Fairly clear what I'm saying, I would have thought.

On the tweet I linked, Kenny says a reason Obafemi has been left out is to manage injuries, and says that it's because he's never played more than three games in a row.

But in fact, Obafemi has played all bar one of Swansea's last 17 games. That's a big discrepancy, and I'm curious why it is.

Tets' stats about starts aren't relevant, because Kenny refers to games played, not starts. Razors Left Peg is happy to say I'm a keyboard warrior and I think Kenny should be fired and Obafemi should go away to Nigeria and other whataboutery - clearly that's unhelpful drivel.

But I've had a bit of a google since coming home from the Bowl and it seems Extratime may have misquoted Kenny. Punditarena quote Kenny as saying -

It’s complex and the truth of it is that Michael has never played three games in a row before this year.

Michael has managed to stay fit [lately] and looks a real threat in recent weeks. He feels he needs to spend time with the physios. to make sure he can continue his vein of form.
    My emphasis.

So that does in fairness make a lot more sense as a quote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts

30. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast