Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Padraig Moran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Padraig Moran

I thought is was good to see Padraig Moran get a decent reception when he was subituted at the Athlone game.............a true Rovers legend......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully he wont be forgotten by the fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ya, it was a nice gesture.
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Fair enough he is a legend and I have always liked him but did ye notice how bad he played in that game? He was terrible, didn't get much of the ball. I was dissapointed as I was expecting a better performance from him.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Fair enough he is a legend and I have always liked him but did ye notice how bad he played in that game? He was terrible, didn't get much of the ball. I was dissapointed as I was expecting a better performance from him.
    you have to realise that injuries have caught up with padraig as has age. he's not the same player he was and it's not fair to compare. which u werent doing sligoman so fair enough.. even the best players dont play well in poor teams. i'd expect padraig to be finishing up soon. a rovers legend so all the best to him. hope he can bang in a few more goals this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garykelly
    you have to realise that injuries have caught up with padraig as has age. he's not the same player he was and it's not fair to compare. which u werent doing sligoman so fair enough.. even the best players dont play well in poor teams. i'd expect padraig to be finishing up soon. a rovers legend so all the best to him. hope he can bang in a few more goals this season.

It'd be nice if he could bang in a few tonight vs Dublin

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Disappointed is a strong word but I know what you mean.

Padraig's last season with us was a huge disappointment and not least to the player himself. Tommy Cassidy played Padraig out on the wing if my memory serves me right, a position Padraig didn't exactly relish. I've always felt Pogsey would never have left Sligo if the club was better managed at the time. His time with Derry was plagued with injury as someone else has stated and when he moved home to Athline I thought he had decided to give the game up due to his ongoing injury problems. The last time I spoke with him he made it clear it had finished as he needed yet another operation on his knee at the time and he felt he had enough. Obviousily he has changed his mind. He's a lovely guy and a great servant to our club. I was totally delighted that he got the decent handclap as he left the pitch last Saturday night. Padraig goes into the history books of SRFC as the first player to score a goal in European football for our club.

I, like all Rovers supporters I'm sure, wish him well for the remainder of the season and only hope for whatever reason he decided to make a comeback that he holds no regrets for it in the future.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller

I, like all Rovers supporters I'm sure, wish him well for the remainder of the season and only hope for whatever reason he decided to make a comeback that he holds no regrets for it in the future.
    That is sooooooo sweet