Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovers v Lincoln

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers v Lincoln

Rovers played some nice football against a very physical team.Lincoln seemed to rely on the long ball with not too much successand as the game went on we managed to construct some nice attacks going behind in the last seconds of the 1st half to a sloppy goal.Second half was more of the same with the equaliser coming from a great gorman corner headed in by sherdidan. we definitely had the better of the half despite some very physical stuff from lincon only to give a second sloppy goal away in the 2nd minute of injury time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You almost make it sound like it was a good game to watch. The team we're dire no effort or desire but it was only a friendly and they we're probably told to mind themselves, better that way.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was talking to some of the boys last night and they think it was a terrible game to have to play in the middle of the season, several players took knocks as Lincoln were "over" Physical for a friendly and now these players may not be able to train before the weekend.
    This is not the kind of thing that will help Rovers maintain their poisition at the top of the table!
    Glory Glory Man United

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the attendance was terrible at the game. it was a chance for the club to make some extra money but it prob wasnt worth much with the crowd that appeared. lincoln are a decent side, in the play-offs of league too v reg and in play-off final last season. i suppose cos they arent in top 5 in prem feck all people know who they are.

Hopefully will be a big crowd at ****** game, if not for quality of players but to see Willie McStay back in the Showgrounds. the club cud do with some extra funds so would be great to see people turn out in good numbers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It looked like a game in Terryland, i'd say there was around 200. I know that very few people found out about it.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How many fans do you normally get for a home game ??

Any Lincoln Fans there the other night ??

We've got Coleraine tonight, i know of quite a few imps who are travelling to that game !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sligo Man i see in another post you think that Jalmard Kusten did pretty well...was he on for long.....did any other fringe players impress...???

The only way i think these challenge games can be of any use is if we throw in more of the young guys for a longer period of time......Test the wee lads....if they are up to it great........if not then we have lost nothing.......better them fecking up in one of these games and losing a game than them fecking up in a proper game and losing a couple of points...

IF we do make it this Season, we`ll need a much bigger squad next year.....hopefully we can hang on to the current crop, some of the young guys will come good and Sean will wave his magic wand again and get a couple more of his foreign help in....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesimp
    How many fans do you normally get for a home game ??
    At least 1000
    Any Lincoln Fans there the other night ??
    I seen about five but I think there was a few more than that
    We've got Coleraine tonight, i know of quite a few imps who are travelling to that game !!
    Good luck! And maybe ye could go in a bit easier on the tackles this time
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darco Ooragnak
    Sligo Man i see in another post you think that Jalmard Kusten did pretty well...was he on for long.....did any other fringe players impress...???
    As far as I can remember he came on at half time but I'm not fully sure on that. Was good to see Sheridan come back on the pitch instead of up in the commentary box. I thought Curran did ok and Mulligan and Sean Kelly also played but didn't do much, but then again they weren't on that long. I suppose Gallagher is classed as a fringe player now? If so then he did ok, he didn't mess up any passes this time.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    At least 1000
    I'd say 1,500 to 2,000

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/current/aveire.htm

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red til dead
    i was surprised there was dat many at da game. i wudnt expect ppl to come out 2 see lincoln on tuesday nite to be honest
    There's a good buzz about the place now that the bit o red are starting to do the business. I think the crowd would have been much bigger had the public known about the fixture a week sooner. The interest in the ****** game is huge and I'm told that people are coming from all over to catch this one. Willie McStay will be over and he's sure to be a big draw. There's plenty of promotion for this one so I'd expect the turnout will reflect this. Anyone that has seen the poster for the game will testify that the management committee have done a very professional job and are to be congratulated.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darco Ooragnak
    IF we do make it this Season, we`ll need a much bigger squad next year.....hopefully we can hang on to the current crop, some of the young guys will come good and Sean will wave his magic wand again and get a couple more of his foreign help in....
    i dont think we need a bigger squad. we need a stronger squad if we go up. the squad we have now is big by all accounts but we'll need more quality signings if we go to the Prem. i've no doubts sean would be able to find such players.

RE: Lincoln - maybe a lot of ppl didnt know about it. but such games give the club the chance to earn extra cash. i would expect 1000 + for the ****** game. not much else to compete on tuesday nights. the cost of running an eircom league club is staggering so hopefully the club can get a good return on this game.

Re: attendance - i think sligoman is under-selling the attendances the attendance would be 1500 + for home games. hopefully we can keep on winning and push up the attendance higher.

edit - er why is the word c e l t i c blocked on this board ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garykelly
    maybe a lot of ppl didnt know about it. but such games give the club the chance to earn extra cash. i would expect 1000 + for the ****** game. not much else to compete on tuesday nights. the cost of running an eircom league club is staggering so hopefully the club can get a good return on this game.
    I dont know what the cost of bringing over a c e l t i c selection is, but I would guess it is a huge figure. With the cost devided between 4 clubs, it will help Rovers. But, as for making a profit on this game, I cant see it. We would need at least 2000 + IMO.
    It's a PR job by the club, and well done to them for doing it. So pass the word around, and hope for a full house.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    there will be people there who wont know who to support and have never been in the showgrounds so maybe once theyve seen us in action they will come back.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Beat Coleraine 4-0 last night !!

When does your season end ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    season ends in november.
    good luck for the upcoming season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Re: attendance - i think sligoman is under-selling the attendances the attendance would be 1500 + for home games.
    Ok fair enough but I did say AT LEAST 1000, so technically I'm still right

edit - er why is the word c e l t i c blocked on this board ???
    That word is banned cos Dahamsta doesn't want any talk about Celt!c on this site cos it eventually leads to a row over religion etc. I usually put the word Celt!c to replace it

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers, hopefully we can gain promotion this year after losing out in the playoffs 3 years in a row

How many more games are left to play in your season then ?? I guess if you end where you currently are in the league, you'll gain promotion to the top flight ??

We took around 20-30 fans to Coleraine last night btw !!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers, hopefully we can gain promotion this year after losing out in the playoffs 3 years in a row

How many more games are left to play in your season then ?? I guess if you end where you currently are in the league, you'll gain promotion to the top flight ??

We took around 20-30 fans to Coleraine last night btw !!
    Derek Asamoah looks a fine player what's the story with him? I watched him during the half-time break he's full of tricks. He was on as sub for the second half and he played havoc down the left, he'd be a huge addition to our squad for the premier division next season
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    Derek Asamoah looks a fine player what's the story with him? I watched him during the half-time break he's full of tricks. He was on as sub for the second half and he played havoc down the left, he'd be a huge addition to our squad for the premier division next season
    The Lincoln fans certainly liked him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast