Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Koper in the Slovenian league imploded losing 3-1 at home yesterday and have probably blown the league thus Linfield wont be seeded. 1 match remaining and they are two points behind.
    Before the Russians were fecked out Rovers were depending on Koper. I cant see the Russians being let back in by the 14th of June when the draw is made but anything is possible.
    There is less than zero chance of Russia being in from the cold in less than a month from now. Even if Putin died and whoever took over wanted to end the war, it would take more than a month to negotiate everything and withdraw the Russians - and the sanctions etc wouldn't get lifted until all that was sorted.

Thoughts and prayers with Linfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    With CL draw basically settled, the teams in the ECL draw starting to take shape.
    https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2022.html

Is it just the first round that's roughly regionalised, or the second as well?

Both Derry & Sligo threatened with the prospect having to go to Poland, or worse, the Faroes. Remarkably, Crusaders are ranked above all the Polish teams, who aren't even guaranteed to be seeded. Bala Town would be the ideal draw of the options so far.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Turns out bohs are in Europe after all. Playing union Berlin in Berlin in July. 008 and Lambert have missed yhe point a bit but 10 out of 10 for effort off the pitch whatever about on it. I assume they will be buying carbon credits to offset their flights

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Turns out bohs are in Europe after all. Playing union Berlin in Berlin in July. 008 and Lambert have missed yhe point a bit but 10 out of 10 for effort off the pitch whatever about on it. I assume they will be buying carbon credits to offset their flights
    Apparently they’re sending out an email to all members about the climate officer's out of line behaviour when the news about this game was broken to him. A nice trip all the same for the fans to pretend they didn’t bottle the cup final and that they’re actually playing a European game
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Nah, they're just raising awareness of the issue of flying by flying. And this thread proves their success. It's for someone else to actually reduce their emissions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    This forum is a great example of making a better effort to reduce waste emissions.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    I would've thought Sankt Pauli was more their thing ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Always interesting this time of year to see what draws the LOI sides get, Rovers and Derry should be well set up to go a few rounds, draws permitting. Sligo will need to sort themselves out and quick if they are to have a chance, with Bohs you just get the impression they will embrace it, so good luck to all with the draws.

Sadly no DFC this year, 2014-2021 was some run of consecutive (8) seasons but no chance after last year, still if we manage to qualify for 2023 one good thing still from those years, coefficient ended at 10.5 I think, will of course reduce for not playing in 2022, but I read a few months back, will still be good to be seeded in def 1 round, possibly R2. If we miss out in 2023 and qualify in 2024, prob be lucky to just get seeded one round, then if disaster happens and no europe until 2025, it will probably be wiped out.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Always interesting this time of year to see what draws the LOI sides get, Rovers and Derry should be well set up to go a few rounds, draws permitting. Sligo will need to sort themselves out and quick if they are to have a chance, with Bohs you just get the impression they will embrace it, so good luck to all with the draws.

Sadly no DFC this year, 2014-2021 was some run of consecutive (8) seasons but no chance after last year, still if we manage to qualify for 2023 one good thing still from those years, coefficient ended at 10.5 I think, will of course reduce for not playing in 2022, but I read a few months back, will still be good to be seeded in def 1 round, possibly R2. If we miss out in 2023 and qualify in 2024, prob be lucky to just get seeded one round, then if disaster happens and no europe until 2025, it will probably be wiped out.
    Bohs will definitely embrace their friendly in Germany, Pats unseeded in Round 2 we will need a lucky draw I think to have any chance of progression unless we strengthen significantly in the window...
    Theres a prize for bringing the most fans you know

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    with Bohs you just get the impression they will embrace it, so good luck to all with the draws.
    There's not exactly much for Bohs to embrace though, so it's one drw that they're going to need a hell of a lot of luck with !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza View Post
    Bohs will definitely embrace their friendly in Germany, Pats unseeded in Round 2 we will need a lucky draw I think to have any chance of progression unless we strengthen significantly in the window...
    Apologies Forza, don't know how I got that wrong, of course Bohs are not in Europe and Pats are with the brilliant season you had, runners up in league and cup winners.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Draw is next week for the first couple of rounds of the UCL and ECL.

Potential opponents for Rovers are:
    Unseeded clubs coef.
    ------------------------ --- ----------------
    Linfield Belfast Nir 7.000
    Zrinjski Mostar Bos 7.000
    Shakhtior Saligorsk Bls 6.250
    Sutjeska Niksic Mon 6.250
    KI Klaksvik Far 6.250
    Lech Poznan Pol 6.000
    Hibernians FC Mlt 5.500
    Tobol Kustanai Kaz 4.500
    FK Shkupi Mac 4.500
    Pyunik Yerevan Arm 4.250
    RFS Riga Lat 4.000
    Dinamo Batumi Geo 3.250
    KF Tirana Alb 2.750
    FC Ballkani Kos 1.633
    CL-PR *p 1.075 - 4.750
    As always Euro runs are about 80% luck of he draw but now that Rovers are coming in (by the skin of their teeth) seeded it makes a seismic difference on how the draw may work out. Looks like the Polish and Kazakh champions are probably the worst outcomes.

The Albanian Champions last year looked incredibly limited. Faroes would have to be seen as a great draw too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Poznan and Dinamo Batumi are the clubs to stay away from (and the kazakh team). Hopefully they wont be in Rovers sub-group.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Jaysus - mad that you could have a load of very winnable ties and then Lech Poznan get thrown in there as well. That'd be a horrible draw given the benefits of even winning just one tie.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Just got an email from DCFC to say the cost of the 1st qual ECL home tie will be £25. Would be interested in hearing what other clubs are charging as seems excessive?

DCFC unfortunately have a habit going back years now of overpricing games whether Euro or friendlies and ended up with a very sparsely populated Brandywell for our last European game on the back of doing so (Dinamo Minsk 0-2, 2018). I fear they have done it again for a tie that could be against Bala Town or Crusaders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    £25 is basically just over €29 that is steep by LOI standards (or incredibly cheap compared to watching a muck Irish team) but strikes me as an Accountant deciding "we are selling out for League matches so lets charge a hefty sum for the Euro matches as we will sell out anyway".

Rovers have had four 7k plus attendances which is basically a full house but i hope they dont go the same way.
    There are extra costs for Euro games but i think €20 is the right level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    £25 is basically just over €29 that is steep by LOI standards (or incredibly cheap compared to watching a muck Irish team) but strikes me as an Accountant deciding "we are selling out for League matches so lets charge a hefty sum for the Euro matches as we will sell out anyway".

Rovers have had four 7k plus attendances which is basically a full house but i hope they dont go the same way.
    There are extra costs for Euro games but i think €20 is the right level.
    Its a bit up on normal but as things go these days going to an LOI game is ludicrously cheap. As mention the tickets for today game v Scotland set me back over €60 plus fees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Essentially Derrys biggest game in years in a limited capacity stadium, it'll sell out very very quicklyly. I'd say they could charge double that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    I suspect they're relying on the limited capacity to justify the price. Rovers have about twice the caapcity of the Brandywell, so could aford to go cheaper with tickets if they wanted to.

DCWA - What was the charge for tickets at that Minsk game a few years ago ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Essentially Derrys biggest game in years in a limited capacity stadium, it'll sell out very very quicklyly. I'd say they could charge double that.
    Not in Derry during a cost of living crisis. There isn't a lot of money in the town.

Add to that the fact that the team have gone off the boil recently and you could see how a lot of people would think twice about it. Or at the very least wait until the draw this coming week to decide on the basis of who the opponents are.

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast