Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    What kind of attendance are Shams expecting for the European first leg home tie tonight against Hibernians (Malta)!

I presume a crowd around the 4,000 would be a reasonable turnout.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    What kind of attendance are Shams expecting for the European first leg home tie tonight against Hibernians (Malta)!

They should be selling out a game like this really, or damn as near it. Being on TV will probably dent the crowd a bit, but it didn't stop the Bohs game selling out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post

I think I seen they’ve sold over 6000 tickets ….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    West & South stands in Tallaght sold out for tonight. Fingers crossed a few more walk ups on the night will see a 6k+ crowd.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    should be a 6 k plus crowd, no season tickets tonight, you would be thinking with the new stand coming on stream in 12 plus months roughly the league might see a 10 k league attendance for a Dublin Derby. How long ago was that last achieved??. I also read somewhere recently that the best league attendance at Milltown in the last of the 4 in a row leagues was 2.8k v Waterford. So lets enjoy these crowds of 5,6 and 7 k that we seem to be now attracting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Biggest club in Ireland .... my hole
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    6000 would be a big crowd for a European game , i am always disappointed with turnouts for these games as people with Season tickets don't seem to want to shell out particularly when on TV.
    Its understandable i suppose as we have lots of families who go as a cheap night out on a Friday normally but 2 adults + 2 kids + pestered into buying chips snacks etc it €60 /€70 compared to watching on TV.
    IF we can get 6k for the malteese and IF we manage to get through (although with no Mandroiu/Byrne/Burke/Gannon/Farrugia i am worried) we have a shout at filling the place for the second round when group stages would be the reward.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    The club have said over 6250 have been sold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Genuinely surprised at that, way more than the attendances last year for European games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Pre-pandemic Rovers European crowds were SK Brann 5,135 & Apollon Limassol 5,524 but we weren't champions averaging well over 5k in the League back then.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Any word on size of away support ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    IF we can get 6k for the malteese and IF we manage to get through (although with no Mandroiu/Byrne/Burke/Gannon/Farrugia i am worried) we have a shout at filling the place for the second round when group stages would be the reward.
    You should get through really, though you'd be wanting to win by a few tonight, as it'll be tough in the heat next week.

Was at the Armenia away match last month, 32 degrees at KO. The lads were knackered in the final quarter, whilst the Armenians seemed better equipped to deal with it.
    Going back a few years, we had the beating of Dinamo Minsk away, with one goal to put us through. Again, serious heat. If it had been in Ireland, we'd have won.
    It'll be a similar story in Malta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers UEFA Champions League Qualifier 2nd leg away against Hibernians of Malta to be shown live on RTÉ News Channel

Ahead of tonight's live coverage on RTÉ2 and RTÉ Player (7.00pm) of Shamrock Rovers UEFA Champions League 1st Qualifying Round, 1st Leg tie at home against Maltese champions Hibernians FC, RTÉ Sport confirmed that the 2nd leg in Malta will be live on the RTÉ News channel.

The game takes place next Tuesday 12 July in the Centenary Stadium, Ta'Qali, Malta with live coverage on the RTÉ News channel from 6.55pm. The game kicks-off at 7.00pm Irish time with John Kenny on commentary.

The RTÉ News Channel is available on -
    Saorview - Channel 21
    Virgin Media - Channel 200
    Sky - Channel 521
    Eir - Channel 517
    RTÉ Player
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Good news. RTÉ should be utilising the news channel for this sort of purpose more often.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    6000 would be a big crowd for a European game , i am always disappointed with turnouts for these games as people with Season tickets don't seem to want to shell out particularly when on TV.
    Its understandable i suppose as we have lots of families who go as a cheap night out on a Friday normally but 2 adults + 2 kids + pestered into buying chips snacks etc it €60 /€70 compared to watching on TV.
    Dundalk sold out Tallaght for the round against BATE when Oriel couldnt be used (i'll just conveniently skim over that the 3rd stand wasnt built then). I'd have expected tonights game to be a sellout or damn close especially with this years surge in league attendances. I would find it a bit odd that season ticket holders wouldnt go to such an important match for their club, supporters that tend to be the most staunch. I agree though, when it is more than the cost of just 1 person then yeah it could push things too high for people and is understandable (few weeks ago burger king and cinema, popcorn+drinks for myself and 2 kids was almost €100 and I was fook that!). Hopefully walk-up and neutrals push things to 7k or more. It a positive that a big game not selling out has raised some eyebrows.

Good luck to Rover tonight(and to the other sdes over the week). Its always struck me as an unusual if pleasant eccentricity with most LoI fans that old enmities get dialed back for European ties. Results do reflect on the league as a whole even if its hard not to be jealous or fear the financial clout of clubs after. For all the solidarity there may be for LoI in Europe I wont lose any sleep if Hibs are in the next round

I think this year a % European prizemoney should be redistributed to other league clubs, once off with the whole runaway inflation and costs and stuff!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 05/07/2022 at 4:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Shamrock Rovers UEFA Champions League Qualifier 2nd leg away against Hibernians of Malta to be shown live on RTÉ News Channel

Ahead of tonight's live coverage on RTÉ2 and RTÉ Player (7.00pm) of Shamrock Rovers UEFA Champions League 1st Qualifying Round, 1st Leg tie at home against Maltese champions Hibernians FC, RTÉ Sport confirmed that the 2nd leg in Malta will be live on the RTÉ News channel.

The game takes place next Tuesday 12 July in the Centenary Stadium, Ta'Qali, Malta with live coverage on the RTÉ News channel from 6.55pm. The game kicks-off at 7.00pm Irish time with John Kenny on commentary.

The RTÉ News Channel is available on -
    Saorview - Channel 21
    Virgin Media - Channel 200
    Sky - Channel 521
    Eir - Channel 517
    RTÉ Player
    I think that is the smaller ground beside the national stadium that Pats player Valletta in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Good news. RTÉ should be utilising the news channel for this sort of purpose more often.
    It's better than nothing Nigel but these games should really all be on RTE 2.

It's these type of games that gets the average football supporter interested and get much more marketing when on a main national station.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Interestingly, Ludogorets are currently being held scoreless at home to the Montegrin champions, who haven't had much European success since independence.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Livescore saying they've had 84% possession in the first half, and seven shots to none, so looks like it's only a matter of time till the breakthrough comes

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Hibernians are garbage. Rovers need to stay professional here and really bury the tie tonight.

Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast