Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2559

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Not an issue for me, obviously, as I'd gladly pay a kings ransom to see the most successful football club in Ireland play in a beautiful stadium.
    Beautiful is a bit OTT. It's a normal stadium. It's just that most of our other stadia are total dumps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Beautiful is a bit OTT. It's a normal stadium. It's just that most of our other stadia are total dumps.
    In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king
    It's easily the best stadium in the league - no doubt about it. But beautiful it is not!
    I was in Paris last week and saw the Stade Francais rugby ground. Now THAT is a genuinely beautiful stadium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Ah i agree with you its not the most beautiful at all i just love that phrase about the kingdom of the blind.

My favourite ground in the league (outside of Tallaght) is Inchicore (with the roof on a bit of the away section)
    I love the fact you are right on the pitch almost as well as the sheer random madness of every side being completely different

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Ah i agree with you its not the most beautiful at all i just love that phrase about the kingdom of the blind.

My favourite ground in the league (outside of Tallaght) is Inchicore (with the roof on a bit of the away section)
    I love the fact you are right on the pitch almost as well as the sheer random madness of every side being completely different
    The roof is gone. I came across a Pats/Rovers game on YouTube recently, from the late 80’s, at Richmond. My god, If you think LOI grounds are bad now ........... plus the pitch was an absolute muck heap. At least that’s one thing that has improved. Most pitches are decent now I think. No doubt summer football has played its part in that.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    I know it's gone I just meant I preferred it when it was there. It was another bit of randomness that it only covered part of the end

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Rovers are only selling 3 match packages on their website. Anyone know when/ if matches for individual games will become available?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Rovers are only selling 3 match packages on their website. Anyone know when/ if matches for individual games will become available?
    Monday I've heard

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    On a similar note, any idea when away tickets for the Gent match will become available? It's going to be my 1st ever European LOI away game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    The most important part of tallaght is the pitch and its beautiful. Ask any players who play on it for proof.
    Its also significantly better managed than an other pitch in Ireland, including landsdowne Rd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Unrelated to the above, but, every time I see an unread post in this thread when I load up foot.ie, I have to remind myself that this thread will be very much active for months to come. Great to see.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    The most important part of tallaght is the pitch and its beautiful. Ask any players who play on it for proof.
    Its also significantly better managed than an other pitch in Ireland, including landsdowne Rd.
    The pitch is gorgeous and so is the view of the Dublin mountains above it. The stands themselves are as basic as you'll get but the entire setting is beautiful, particularly as the sun is setting. If only we had a club poet...........

Can't think at of a nicer stadium in Ireland to be honest although it's seriously lacking in character (i.e pubs) outside the ground.. The Brandywell has something about it but most are brought down by the state of the facilities. Dalymount should be good. Carlisle grounds could be top notch. Inchicore is solid and I like that it's below street level. People seem to like the RSC but it's really unbalanced for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Unrelated to the above, but, every time I see an unread post in this thread when I load up foot.ie, I have to remind myself that this thread will be very much active for months to come. Great to see.
    In fairness the attendance thread was active there for a good while without any attendances being posted

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    although it's seriously lacking in character (i.e pubs) outside the ground.
    Yep, that's Tallaght all over. People shoved out with nothing to do. 50 years later nothing's changed.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    That's like most places in London, full of people who do nothing.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Looking at odds online. Bookies have Djurgarden win or a draw as most probable results.
    I remember someone posting on here they’ve a big league game afterwards that they may prioritise. I’ve had a look and they play again at 2pm Sunday away to Hammerby in a top of the table clash. (Also a derby)They are two points behind them with 9 games to go.
    Very short turnaround after playing away on Thursday night with the game ending around 10pm. I think this could be a good time to play them. Do they go all out Thursday and risk losing Sunday on what could be a bigger game for them in the grand scheme of things. Lose that and they are 5 behind with 8 to go. Interesting fixture.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Its tight at the top of the swedish league with all 3 stockholm teams fighting it out. Edvardssen is suspended for that game on Sunday so he will be playing Thursday. they'll be looking for a win thursday and probably happy to get home and get the draw against Hammarby. Djugardens have also won a league title relatively recently ( 2019 I think) so Europe is just as important for them.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,255 Posts
    Rovers have been unlucky I think in getting two weaker teams who are on great form, and one stronger team on iffy form.

Djurgarden have won 9 and drawn 2 of their last 11 league games. They've dropped two points at home all season, and their route to the groups was impressive too as I think ger noted earlier (4-1 v Rijeka, 6-2 v Sfantu Gheorghe of Romania, and 5-3 v APOEL Nicosia).

Molde have won 14 and drawn 2 of their last 16 games and in Europe beat Elfsborg 6-2, Kisvarda of Hungary 4-2, and Wolfsberger of Austria 4-1. There's no particularly good teams in there - APOEL the stand-out maybe - but there's plenty of goals going in and the ties against APOEL and Kisvarda were over after 3-0 first leg wins really.

Gent lost their only European qualifier 4-0 to Omonia to drop into the ECL groups and are seventh in the Belgian league, but that's a stronger standard than Norway or Sweden, so it doesn't necessarily mean they're much weaker than the other two.

Thursday will be interesting.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Rovers have been unlucky I think in getting two weaker teams who are on great form, and one stronger team on iffy form.

Djurgarden have won 9 and drawn 2 of their last 11 league games. They've dropped two points at home all season, and their route to the groups was impressive too as I think ger noted earlier (4-1 v Rijeka, 6-2 v Sfantu Gheorghe of Romania, and 5-3 v APOEL Nicosia).

Molde have won 14 and drawn 2 of their last 16 games and in Europe beat Elfsborg 6-2, Kisvarda of Hungary 4-2, and Wolfsberger of Austria 4-1. There's no particularly good teams in there - APOEL the stand-out maybe - but there's plenty of goals going in and the ties against APOEL and Kisvarda were over after 3-0 first leg wins really.

Gent lost their only European qualifier 4-0 to Omonia to drop into the ECL groups and are seventh in the Belgian league, but that's a stronger standard than Norway or Sweden, so it doesn't necessarily mean they're much weaker than the other two.

Thursday will be interesting.
    Yeah not a huge fan of the group. All 3 will need to beat us home and away to have a chance of qualifying. It would have been nice to get a no-hoper club in there and a big club to waltz the group and make it leas competitive. I fear things will be too close between the other 3 clubs for them to be caught out by us.

But maybe Graham Burke will be fit and we can do a job at home. 4 points would be a huge achievement I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Tickets for tommorows match finaly on general Sale for anyone who wants one

23. Thanks From: