Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 99 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2559

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quick question for for those who know the coefficient process.

If rovers win on Thurs, are there any extra coefficient points picked up?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    They'd get the usual 1.000 for winning the match (for the country coefficient), even if they still lose on aggregate.

I don't know is there a bonus for reaching a group stage - I have a feeling there is. Though that may be just for the CL groups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    My understanding is we get 2.5 points for making Group stages.
    There is no bonus as such for reaching Group stages but you get 6 chances to play for 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw.
    This is why i felt Conference league was better for us (long term( as if we are in pot 3 (likely) we have a reasonable shout of getting a couple of wins and a draw or two.
    Its a big ask but 6 points on top of the 2.5 we have already this year plus the 7 from last 4 years would give us a 2023 Coefficient of 15 and would maybe have us seeded in QR2 Champions League next year if we win the league again and won QR1.

I think thats the case anyway

Wishful thinking we could possibly lose every match in eith EL or ECL groups but the odds are in our favour in ECL

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    https://www.balls.ie/football/irish-players-in-europe-2021-476429

Just read this and it seems as if there is a trend happening here due to the Brexit mess. Also listening to Danny Kelly on his Trans Euro Express Show on Talksport always referring this trend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    My understanding is we get 2.5 points for making Group stages.
    There is no bonus as such for reaching Group stages but you get 6 chances to play for 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw.
    This is why i felt Conference league was better for us (long term( as if we are in pot 3 (likely) we have a reasonable shout of getting a couple of wins and a draw or two.
    Its a big ask but 6 points on top of the 2.5 we have already this year plus the 7 from last 4 years would give us a 2023 Coefficient of 15 and would maybe have us seeded in QR2 Champions League next year if we win the league again and won QR1.

I think thats the case anyway

Wishful thinking we could possibly lose every match in eith EL or ECL groups but the odds are in our favour in ECL
    You will get a minimum of 2.5 even if you lose all 6 games. If you got a win and 2 draws like Flora did last year, then you would have a total of 4 points added to your final co-efficient for this year (2+1+1), as they did, last year. These are not added to the 2.5 points earned up to the group stage. Instead, the final total is the number of co-efficient points you earned over the 2.5 you already have received.

Your club ranking is 9.000 now, including the 2.5. 4 points in the above scenario would bring that to up to 10.500 for the 5 years.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    That's just for the club coefficient, yeah?

I think there's a 4-point country coefficient bonus for reaching the CL groups (divided by the number of teams of course), but no equivalent for the EL or ECL.

But yeah, Flora's club coefficient was 4.000 last year, but Alashkert, who only got one point in the groups, got 2.500 as a club coefficient

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    You will get a minimum of 2.5 even if you lose all 6 games. If you got a win and 2 draws like Flora did last year, then you would have a total of 4 points added to your final co-efficient for this year (2+1+1), as they did, last year. These are not added to the 2.5 points earned up to the group stage. Instead, the final total is the number of co-efficient points you earned over the 2.5 you already have received.

Your club ranking is 9.000 now, including the 2.5. 4 points in the above scenario would bring that to up to 10.500 for the 5 years.

Hope that makes sense?
    Not saying your wrong as I'm not sure but if the 2.5 aren't counted compared to the 4 points from a win and 2 draws then what happens if u lose all 6? Seems strange that the 2.5 only count if u don't win any games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    I think the minimum club coefficient ye can get now is 2.5 for the season.

So one win and five defeats is just 2 points - which is bumped up to 2.5. Same for anything less than that.

A win and a draw is 3 points, so that's the club coefficient - and so on for better records than that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Yeah it caused confusion and disappointment in 2016 that a win and draws didnt add to the group stage min coeff of 2.5 ie 2.5 + win + draw so 5.5 or whatever the figures were then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    That's both interesting and dissapointing
    Cheers for the clarification.
    We had better go and win a couple so!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Stadium sold out? Fair play to rovers fans, this would be an easy match to skip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Party time for the supporters? You secured groups away in Macedonia and then had to travel to Budapest.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Plus all the 'neutrals' (like myself) who are going.

Also - You can't say fair play to your own supporters like they're a third party

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post

Also - You can't say fair play to your own supporters like they're a third party
    Fair play to all the neutrals and my fellow hoops for showing up for a dead rubber .....happy now
    in all seriousness i am surprised at a full house considering it wasnt full for any of the matches so far

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Great to see that Tallaght will be hosting the Europa Conference league games . Its only fair as the ground is perfectly capable of hosting it.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Besides the new stand. What are the upgrades to the main stand that will bring the total ground up to Cat 4?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post

Dont forget CSAD and all those going who want to remind Rovers of how they bottled Europe again. I couldnt get a ticket now even if I wanted one - awful disappointed, and will be such a tough night for Rovers and their fans (just please keep it less than 10-0 on agg, as the laugh at LoI barstoolers had shut up for a while!).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Besides the new stand. What are the upgrades to the main stand that will bring the total ground up to Cat 4?
    UEFA require a room without surveillance and a dropbox for brown envelopes.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Dont forget CSAD and all those going who want to remind Rovers of how they bottled Europe again. I couldnt get a ticket now even if I wanted one - awful disappointed, and will be such a tough night for Rovers and their fans (just please keep it less than 10-0 on agg, as the laugh at LoI barstoolers had shut up for a while!).
    Back to the glorious Milltown days when neutrals would turn up just to cheer on whoever we were playing? We must be doing something right then.

We won't be playing our strongest team but they also won't be pushing too hard. If they do they will probably get 2 or 3. If not we might even squeak a 1-0 moral victory. Hopefully the young lads get some more game time anyway.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    If I was in Dublin on the night i'd certainly have considered going and would actually be neutral. Yup tough time for Rovers indeed Genuinely though, while it would be fun to slag off a really heavy agg defeat, it does reflect on the overall league so respectable would be grand. As Ive said before, the longer a side can hang on in Europe, adjust to pace and stuff the better performances can get even against tougher opposition than early rounds. The champions pathway really does now help to give enough game time to help any player up their levels and can carry that in to another year - not always totally about improved ranking or better draw, at some level there is an element of player, team and coaching development imo. Not going to happen but trying some variation on the usual formation/player combos (young lads starting) in case its needed in the groups, if it were Dundalk it wouldnt bother me if it was a hiding but useful experience.