Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2559

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    LOL not worth engaging with nonsense from you.
    Cant perform against adversity , poorly coached , prone to crack, going to get battered in Conference league, will be exposed....
    Enjoy your day troll
    Ludogorets earlier this season, Flora last season, Slovan Bratislava last season…how much evidence do you need? This team when away from home and needs to dig deep has continually shown they are incapable of delivering big performances when it truly matters. They will get battered, and when they do maybe you’ll wake up and realize the reality of the issues at Rovers. But hey, keep you’re heads in the clouds until then if that makes you feel better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    It was a high risk approach that didn't pay off. They still had a couple of dangerous moments in the Ferenc box, probably because they were pushed up so high. There were a couple of dangerous balls and a few chances, but overall they were way to open.

It was so unbelievably safe that it became a risk you mean?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    sheriff were nobodies in 2020, all the money came the following year. id absolute fancy this rovers side to get a result v them. dundalk were in poor shape that year anyway which says a lot about sheriff
    They were far from nobodies, they were still in-fact made out to be a big team by the Irish football experts…that’s enough for them plus from what I saw from them to batter Rovers. The difference is Dundalk have proven they can battle against the odds in Europe to get a result, Rovers have shown constantly that they are incapable of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    West Ham, Hearts and Linfield the dream draw for the Groups.
    Handy travel arrangements Ferry and Bus (players must be sick of Shannon at this stage )
    All played in Tallaght and a chance to win a few bob.

Alternatively there are some lovely cities with easy conections Austria or Rapid Vienna, Fiorentina, Villareal, be good to avoid Turkey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Embarrassing 😁. Damn I'm getting old. So this is how amnesia starts...
    You said that already 😜

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    West Ham, Hearts and Linfield the dream draw for the Groups.
    Handy travel arrangements Ferry and Bus (players must be sick of Shannon at this stage )
    All played in Tallaght and a chance to win a few bob.
    The 'Battle of Britain' group

I wonder what AGS would have to say about Linfield and Hearts visiting Tallaght. Sensible ticket pricing could draw a good crowd to the Aviva for Rovers-West Ham too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    In terms of the co-efficient table we lost some ground last night for the first time since probably the evening Sligo lost to Bala.

32 Moldova 1.125 0.750 1.375 5.250 2.125 10.625 1/ 4
    33 Kosovo 2.500 1.500 1.833 2.333 1.875 10.041 1/ 4
    34 Latvia 1.625 2.250 1.375 2.625 2.125 10.000 1/ 4
    35 Finland 0.875 1.625 1.375 3.750 2.250 9.875 1/ 4
    36 Belarus 5.000 2.500 1.500 0.250 0.625 9.875 4
    37 Bosnia-Herzegovina 2.000 1.500 2.625 1.625 2.000 9.750 1/ 4
    38 Ireland 1.000 1.250 1.875 2.875 2.625 9.625 1/ 4
    39 Lithuania 2.625 1.625 1.625 1.750 1.250 8.875 1/ 4

In terms of this little mini league I think we're hoping for the Fins, Moldovans to draw their second legs and qualify for the EL. Hopefully there they'll pick up next to no further co-efficient points.

And we'll be hoping the Latvians, Bosnians and Kosovans bottle their second legs and not qualify for the ECL. If Rovers can pick up a few points in the ECL groups they should overtake any league which doesn't make the group stages.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    So you tell me, did rovers player as good as they could or were they well below par? If you have any sanity and decide to accept that it was the latter then yes…they did bottle it.
    Chr!st you're like a child

Teams have off-days all the time. That's life. Even if Rovers had played at their absolute best they would still have lost last night. The gap between the teams is realistically too big to bridge with pluck alone in 30+ degree heat and a partisan crowd.

Stop digging / shaking your rattle.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    The 'Battle of Britain' group

I wonder what AGS would have to say about Linfield and Hearts visiting Tallaght. Sensible ticket pricing could draw a good crowd to the Aviva for Rovers-West Ham too
    You have to play all your matches either in the Aviva or Tallaght so for me it would be Tallaght all day
    Assuming the visitors wouldn't get more than 5 or 600 tickets i cant see the Guards being to bothered.
    All very hypothetical anyway i guess but will become real next Friday morning.
    ITs also possible you could have a few nightmare trips.
    Its a bit unfair giving the same co-efficient points for the Conference league as the Europa League when one is in general weaker than the other.
    From an IRish Country and Rovers club perspective it works out well for us but i can see that being changed in the future.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    You have to play all your matches either in the Aviva or Tallaght so for me it would be Tallaght all day
    Assuming the visitors wouldn't get more than 5 or 600 tickets i cant see the Guards being to bothered.
    All very hypothetical anyway i guess but will become real next Friday morning.
    ITs also possible you could have a few nightmare trips.
    Its a bit unfair giving the same co-efficient points for the Conference league as the Europa League when one is in general weaker than the other.
    From an IRish Country and Rovers club perspective it works out well for us but i can see that being changed in the future.
    I'm presuming that this is because they dont want teams to be able to moan about all things for all teams not being exactly the same in a group, but really a cat4 ground is a cat 4 ground and a football pitch is passed by the officials. Do pitch dimensions have to be stated and then stuck to so no narrowing the pitch etc? If a group includes a team where there is major demand and there are 2 grounds in the one city and only 1 team going to be playing in that city on a given night then there should be some ability to opt for a larger stadium (or smaller if need be also). There are times when UEFA should just be saying get on with it and play the game - there is some advantage to home fixtures and any real gamesmanship can always be reciprocated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    They were far from nobodies, they were still in-fact made out to be a big team by the Irish football experts…that’s enough for them plus from what I saw from them to batter Rovers. The difference is Dundalk have proven they can battle against the odds in Europe to get a result, Rovers have shown constantly that they are incapable of this.
    Dundalk under Kenny had a style and an approach to games that gave them a great chance of good results in Europe. It's been commented by a few that's Pat's style was suited to doing well in Europe. Pat's are rightly kicking themselves for their exit last week.
    If Pat's were playing Ferencváros last night, it would have been interesting to see the difference their approach might have achieved.
    Rovers to be fair are efficient. Domestically they are getting results and they are beating teams in Europe this season where a win is achievable.
    Ludogorets away and last night have been disasters. Bradley said after Ludogorets, “We don’t do that at home to a team in the Leinster Senior Cup" after the naive third goal conceded.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I'm presuming that this is because they dont want teams to be able to moan about all things for all teams not being exactly the same in a group, but really a cat4 ground is a cat 4 ground and a football pitch is passed by the officials. Do pitch dimensions have to be stated and then stuck to so no narrowing the pitch etc? If a group includes a team where there is major demand and there are 2 grounds in the one city and only 1 team going to be playing in that city on a given night then there should be some ability to opt for a larger stadium (or smaller if need be also). There are times when UEFA should just be saying get on with it and play the game - there is some advantage to home fixtures and any real gamesmanship can always be reciprocated.
    I think the idea is to have a level playing pitch for all teams.
    A full house in Tallaght with minimal away fans is a harder place for a team to get a result so if one team got to play us in the Aviva they would be at an advantage compared to the other two teams.
    If there was a tussle between two of the teams for first or second place in the group i think the team that had to play in Tallaght would be entitled to have a moan.
    That being said i agree UEFA could show a bit of latitude here it is probably only going to benefit small clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    double post
    Last edited by sbgawa; 19/08/2022 at 4:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    dundalk got the rub of the green with their draw in 2020, those are the breaks you need to go in your favour once you get to these stages.
    Also lucky that all of the legs were single ones too, for example the 1-1 draw away to Sherrif, won on Pens, the bigger club usually gets through on the second leg. I would have no doubt Sherrif would have finished the job if there was a second leg. Other fortunate draws were Inter of Andora, but if you include the earlier round in CL v Celje all of these were still away single games, then again we were fortunate to get KI at home in the play off for EL group, who themselves got a 3-0 walkover v a Covid effected much bigger club (forget name).

Rovers might be counting their blessings as I posted last night, better opportunity to get a first draw or even a win in the Conference Group, plus its still €3m banked.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Bradley is a very average manaer who cant adapt. How he can be constantly in a similar situation and not be able to adjust is something Rovers fans should be wondering.
    Probably why he didn't take the lincoln job. He would have been tested at a different level week in week out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Chr!st you're like a child

Teams have off-days all the time. That's life. Even if Rovers had played at their absolute best they would still have lost last night. The gap between the teams is realistically too big to bridge with pluck alone in 30+ degree heat and a partisan crowd.

Stop digging / shaking your rattle.
    So you’re telling me Rovers played as well as they could?

It’s easy to say in hindsight as they got a beating, it’s hard to be sure as Rovers regularly make teams look a level above what they actually are due to how incredibly easy they make it for the opposition. The reality is Rovers could have played any seeded side the way they did last night and would have got a porking, the fact you continue to look at Ferenvcaros and ignore all the issues Rovers had shows you are being willfully ignorant and not really interested in listening to the problems at hand.

And that is what we call adversity, in this situation we see how well a team is set up, how mentally strong they are and how committed they are to the cause and I’m afraid we got all our answers last night, just like they did in Bulgaria last month and in Tallinn last year…but hey, keep focusing in on this game and pretend it’s the only time it’s ever happened.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Dundalk under Kenny had a style and an approach to games that gave them a great chance of good results in Europe. It's been commented by a few that's Pat's style was suited to doing well in Europe. Pat's are rightly kicking themselves for their exit last week.
    If Pat's were playing Ferencváros last night, it would have been interesting to see the difference their approach might have achieved.
    Rovers to be fair are efficient. Domestically they are getting results and they are beating teams in Europe this season where a win is achievable.
    Ludogorets away and last night have been disasters. Bradley said after Ludogorets, “We don’t do that at home to a team in the Leinster Senior Cup" after the naive third goal conceded.
    True but even under the Italian coach they showed more adaptability then I’ve seen from Rovers under Bradley.

St Pats may have lost last night but sure as hell wouldn’t go out the way that gutless mob did last night, they would at least have been commendable in their approach even if it wasn’t enough.

They are efficient in the league and against lesser teams in Europe, it’s game like last night and Ludogorets that show them up every time. But the issue is they were making Leinster senior cup errors last night and against Flora last season, it’s not a once off and how Bradley isn’t being questioned more I find astounding, what will it take?

By achievable you mean the games Rovers would be the favorites, in any game that’s 50/50 or they are underdogs they get totally found out. If Rovers fans are happy to just stay top of the league and never grow then cool but forget about ever doing anything in Europe.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Don't feed the trolls folks.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I think the idea is to have a level playing pitch for all teams.
    A full house in Tallaght with minimal away fans is a harder place for a team to get a result so if one team got to play us in the Aviva they would be at an advantage compared to the other two teams.
    If there was a tussle between two of the teams for first or second place in the group i think the team that had to play in Tallaght would be entitled to have a moan.
    That being said i agree UEFA could show a bit of latitude here it is probably only going to benefit small clubs.
    I see the reasoning but I just think sometimes its overdone. Eg playing Zenit St Petersburg away in September is going to be easier than November, or it rains heavily during a game making a pitch more slick than normal watering, maybe Tallaght is a sellout for one side but not another. So basically UEFA are trying to replicate the same conditions for each game in an attempt to be fair but there are many variables that cant be controlled. The balance is playing home and away in what should be minimum requirements ie UEFA Cat4 designation. The home time tries to be as fair as they can, allowing training without sprinklers going off and stuff knowing that messing will be back at you when you go away. Its not a massive issue and only effects small clubs with a plum draw what want to maximise their earnings so a little common sense from UEFA and maybe allow requests of the opposition to play in a bigger ground where more of their own fans can get access. There are for and against reasons but there should be some flexibility. It will eventually happen that more than one club could be in the groups and play in Tallaght st up differently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    By achievable you mean the games Rovers would be the favorites, in any game that’s 50/50 or they are underdogs they get totally found out. If Rovers fans are happy to just stay top of the league and never grow then cool but forget about ever doing anything in Europe.
    To say never grow is harsh. Rovers have bounced back from previous European set backs. Ludogorets, Ferencváros and the ECL group phase is great European experience all in one season. The Ludogorets and Ferencváros performances give a clear indication that 2nd in the ECL group will be a step too far. When the dust settles on Rovers European adventure, it'll be interesting to see can they grow again and achieve more.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast