Page 75 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2559

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Are Pats not using the south stand in Tallaght this week?

They're not selling tickets for it currently anyway.
    It’s open now , over 5000 tickets sold so far.

2. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Any news on TV coverage for this week's games?

Rovers playing tomorrow at 8pm I see - the only Europa League game on Tuesday. Sligo at 7pm on Thursday and Pat's at 7:45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,394 Posts
    Sligo v Viking listed on LOITV but nothing else listed anywhere for this weeks games.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Apparently the North Macedonians are asking an extortionate price for access to the stream and its looking unlikely for a stream to be available,airportgate turns into streamgate!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    It's such a bizarre thing that a football club thinks that another football club could dictate where a charter flight could fly to. Its not as if Ireland is big enough for there to be any travel issues for football clubs to get around either! Do they know nothing of the Ryanair model of flying in to the vaguely approximate vicinity of city destinations - should have just told them that Knock Airport was actually Dublin Knock! Works for Paris Vartry or London Oxford. That the DAA has stated that they received no request for a landing slot just adds to the odd behaviour of Skhupi - maybe they deserve the benefit of the doubt because of the current difficulties with charter flight availability!!

As for the stream, well its is something that UEFA could have jurisdiction over and tell them to cop on if the high cost is just due to pettiness! Ye just know that an Irish club will be drawn against them again next year.

If they are streaming for their own country/fans then surely it could be creatively shared by an opportunistic North Macedonian via a SRFC supporter and vpns.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/08/2022 at 8:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    As for the stream, well its is something that UEFA could have jurisdiction over and tell them to cop on if the high cost is just due to pettiness! Ye just know that an Irish club will be drawn against them again next year.
    Virgin Media have the rights for the Europa League and Conference League and yet are not showing League of Ireland teams in the qualifying rounds.
    Qualifiers should be included in the TV rights for when a club from that country is involved.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Qualifiers aren't included in the rights. The home club owns them to do what they like with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Virgin Media have the rights for the Europa League and Conference League and yet are not showing League of Ireland teams in the qualifying rounds.
    Qualifiers should be included in the TV rights for when a club from that country is involved.
    TV rights only kick in from playoff round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    That the DAA has stated that they received no request for a landing slot just adds to the odd behaviour of Skhupi - maybe they deserve the benefit of the doubt because of the current difficulties with charter flight availability!!
    Well played.

If it's on N Macedonian TV, there'll be a stream available on a dodgy site. Bit silly that Skhupi are pricing themselves out of a sale though.
    Do they have to sell the rights for outside N Macedonia, or could they run it themselves, and charge what they like?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Apparently the North Macedonians are asking an extortionate price for access to the stream and its looking unlikely for a stream to be available,airportgate turns into streamgate!!!
    Shamrock Rovers need to avenge for the evil done to them and us as fans!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    RTE news now showing St Pats game according to radio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    What happened to RTEs policy of sticking with the champions until they are out? 🤣

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    The Pats game is on Bulgarian TV so RTE seem to just be doing the same as they did with the away leg and will just use the feed from the Bulgarians and add their own commentary etc. which allowed them to get the game live on tv without the expense of the OB unit
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Huge night for Shamrock Rovers. Win and they've made the Conference, and have a completely free hit in the Europa League PO. Lose and they face the uncertainty of missing out on eveything by losing the Conference PO. That 3rd goal last week was crucial though. It's going to be a roasting hot evening in Skopje judging by the forecasts but shouldn't be all that different from when they were in Malta, and a similar scoreline would do just fine. Skhupi are better than Hibernians though, and when they woke up last week, they were a class above Rovers for 20 minutes or so, and they'd be capable of a spell like that again tonight too I feel. It'll be nervy but I think they'l just do enough.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    The Pats game is on Bulgarian TV so RTE seem to just be doing the same as they did with the away leg and will just use the feed from the Bulgarians and add their own commentary etc. which allowed them to get the game live on tv without the expense of the OB unit
    Are they even out there when they do the commentating?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Huge night for Shamrock Rovers. Win and they've made the Conference, and have a completely free hit in the Europa League PO. Lose and they face the uncertainty of missing out on eveything by losing the Conference PO. That 3rd goal last week was crucial though. It's going to be a roasting hot evening in Skopje judging by the forecasts but shouldn't be all that different from when they were in Malta, and a similar scoreline would do just fine. Skhupi are better than Hibernians though, and when they woke up last week, they were a class above Rovers for 20 minutes or so, and they'd be capable of a spell like that again tonight too I feel. It'll be nervy but I think they'l just do enough.
    Assuming they do make it, I was sceptical but you can see progress and a plan that is bearing fruit. There's a consistency emerging, even as upheaval occurs within the squad either through injuries to key players or key players moving to the UK. Interestingly the rte article this morning stipulates Rovers(and Pats) need to play fearless which is exactly what ROvers have done in their last 2 games and look at what they have achieved. There's a genuine feeling of progression now and this being something that they could achieve every second year as they build up the co-effecs. There is a model there regardless of how much influence - financial or otherwise - Desmond does or doesn't have. A good ground, and a solid fan base. More appearances with more good results in Europe will shine a positive light on the LOI and not just SR, from that you can assume that transfers from outside of the UK could become a thing if infrequent. Which leads to the next question, Pats have been great this year and played some lovely football on their own terms, with some very assured performances from the CBs. The money no doubt will help them in the short term, but is Kelleher still involved? The move across the road didnt really materialise and have their plans/goals stagnated? ROvers(of the sligo kind) clearly stated that money gained from Europe would be set aside of their ground plans, which is great medium to longer term thinking. We all can see what happened at Dundalk with 5 years of great success. What for Pats though? What will a good run this year in Europe do for them in the short to medium term? I've always felt with LOI sides its a bit of wing and a prayer, one swallow doesnt make a summer but revel in the swallows appearance all the same.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 09/08/2022 at 10:28 AM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Are they even out there when they do the commentating?
    For the game in Bulgaria, no, that’d have been done remotely from Dublin.

In Tallaght I’m not sure, I’d say it depends on whether the Bulgarian TV channel bring over commentators or not. If the commentary bay is free then RTE could potentially use it, if not commentary will probably be from Donnybrook
    Paaatrick's Agletic

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,394 Posts
    Presumably something SDCC or Rovers will have to facilitate in future, as a UEFA Cat 4 ground they'll need multiple commentary positions. You'd presume they'll be able to fit an RTÉ commentary team for this Pats game as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    The Rovers game is on Albanian Supersport 2 tonight. I found it on my android box.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Pats have been great this year and played some lovely football on their own terms, with some very assured performances from the CBs. The money no doubt will help them in the short term, but is Kelleher still involved? The move across the road didnt really materialise and have their plans/goals stagnated?
    Kelleher is very much involved and has come up with an alternative plan for a new stadium in Inchicore. Crucially, while DCC and a majority of the local councillors killed the last plan, they are all on board with this one and the details are expected to be unveiled in the autumn.

25. Thanks From: