Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2559

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Rovers playing better in the second half,some half chances coming their way ….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    And they go 3 down
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    That's shocking from Gaffney. The old LoI weakness up front shows again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    That's shocking from Gaffney. The old LoI weakness up front shows again
    Took a touch and then smashed at it like a Sunday League player. Gent would have punished the mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Someone needs to tell the VM commentator that the LoI is breaking for the international window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Djurgarden win a back and forth game 3-2. Fofana a scorer for Molde in the game was sent off. Some small crumb of comfort for Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Ludogorets, Ferencváros and Gent away has been a case of the same old story. If Rovers have ambitions of progressing further in years to come, they are going to have to find away of staying alive in these games when they fall a goal behind. Groundhog Day. Molde away next looks set to be a repeat.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Good side Ghent. I’d say they will win this group.
    Any side in Europe would look a good side against Rovers judging by the way Rovers set up in such games…

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Very, very poor from us. Gent weren't anywhere near the level of Ludogorets or Ferencvaros but we played right into their hands by continually playing out from the back. I understand trying to suck the other team in but there's no point in that if the ball through the lines goes straight to them and that's what kept happening. We got nothing out of Jack or Watts so that was the wrong call by Bradley. I don't understand it to be honest as most Rovers fans would tell you those two don't work together. It hasn't worked in the league so it absolutely won't work away from home in Europe. McCann going off hurt us as well as he was the only one picking it up in midfield and holding on long enough to allow play to shift up.

Would still fancy us to get a win and maybe another draw at home which is about what I would have hoped from the groups. Burke made a difference when he came on so the quicker he gets up to speed the better. He's a far more dangerous player than Jack this season but neither have played enough to be at their best unfortunately. And they are the ones you need to compete at this level. Watts is just a good LoI player and nothing more.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Burke and Byrne seem to be a long time getting back to full fitness it seems. What's the craic there?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Any side in Europe would look a good side against Rovers judging by the way Rovers set up in such games…
    Ya the gent manager killing them with kindness was a good move, and he did exactly what he didn't say he would. Hed clearly seen that rovers don't settle in fast and pressed them. The actual amount of chances band general play bar the first 20 mins was very even but at stage it didn't matter. The commentator on VM and I think Kerr said it too but they need to setup differently with an extra midfielder sitting in behind the two and/or playing 5 at the back.

Again for me I think the analysts were overstating how good gent were, there wasn't a huge gap between them. Chances showed that overall. And rovers have themselves to blame for 1 or 2 goals
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Burke and Byrne seem to be a long time getting back to full fitness it seems. What's the craic there?
    And generally a lot of injuries?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    My fear is that Jack's injuries are connected to the back injury a few years ago because before that he was rock solid. Burke has always been a bit liable to be crocked. The risk of signing that type of player i.e the ones who have the ability to play at the higher levels but don't for a reason.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Cleary has been very dodgy since he came to Rovers in both the league and Europe. Was he like this with Dundalk?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    They probably could have, and maybe should have, got something from that game tonight. Continue to shoot themselves in the foot with bad decision making at the back, and poor finishing at the other end. Gaffney probably could have had two, if not three.

Pico Lopes is a huge loss for them at the back to keep it all together. Insisting on playing out every time is costing them though.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Cleary has been very dodgy since he came to Rovers in both the league and Europe. Was he like this with Dundalk?
    a few dundalkers did warn us to be fair! although he's been very good for the most part. seems to have an error or two in him though. he's at the right club!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Ya the gent manager killing them with kindness was a good move, and he did exactly what he didn't say he would. Hed clearly seen that rovers don't settle in fast and pressed them. The actual amount of chances band general play bar the first 20 mins was very even but at stage it didn't matter. The commentator on VM and I think Kerr said it too but they need to setup differently with an extra midfielder sitting in behind the two and/or playing 5 at the back.

Again for me I think the analysts were overstating how good gent were, there wasn't a huge gap between them. Chances showed that overall. And rovers have themselves to blame for 1 or 2 goals
    They need to stop playing in Europe like they are playing an average LOI side, the complete lack of adaptation for Europe is the most worrying part from a Rovers perspective. Yes keep a lot of what you do in league in Europe by all means but some of the stuff they attempt in Europe is bordering being nativity and idiocy.

Also I’d like Bradley to stop talking about cutting out errors and spend more time on the coaching front to set up Rovers to not concede these stupid goals, what has actually changed on the defensive front from the Ludogorets game and now? Less excuses and more action would be nice.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    They probably could have, and maybe should have, got something from that game tonight.
    That's a bit of a stretch isn't it?

Didn't have a single shot in the first half. Analysts were saying the second half improvement was as much down to Gent taking the foot off the pedal as Rovers bucking down - and it was still Gent who scored again.

Making mistakes and missing chances is what weaker teams will do. If my auntie had balls, etc

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Gaffney is being very well Marshalled in a lot of games recently including league games and you would be thinking that Managers have done their homework on him. When i saw Watts named in that position my eyebrows went for a short stroll. Totally agree that we are very vulnerable to the high energetic press in the first periods of games and hopefully that will be addressed by some kick outs down the sides of the opposition which may make them sit back a bit more which would then allow us to pass it out from the back when its on. Cleary i thought has been very decent so far but what defender does not have a mistake in them Pico had more than a few early in his Rovers career.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Very dissapointing as these guys are nowhere near Ludogrets or Ferencvaros poor first goal and calamatous second.
    Away to Molde next and we will need to be much better,
    Pico bck in training apparantly if he got some game time against Derry or Shels or UCD in our next 3 matches it would be a massive boost