Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 842

Thread: Attendances 2022

  1. #1
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    338
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Attendances 2022

    Right time to get this up and running looking like a very decent crowd for the Presidents Cup Season Curtain Raiser. Pats website saying 1400 tickets sold and Rovers have sold out the South Stand 5k likely 6 k possible.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #2
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,852
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    525
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Great that it's free to watch on LOITV as well

  4. #3
    Reserves Kiki Balboa's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In the shadow realm
    Posts
    367
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    20 euro for Rovers tickets is very steep.

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #4
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    832
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    391
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    332
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Should've held on to Vinny Perth. You'd be Category B in no time.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #5
    First Team WeAreRovers's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,945
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    53
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    82
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    20 euro for Rovers tickets is very steep.
    Not at all, first rise in 20 years (since the introduction of the €) and long overdue. Plus almost half the capacity are ST holders so unaffected and honestly €20 to watch that team in action in a top class stadium is frankly a bargain.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #6
    First Team mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    244
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Poor from Rovers at a time when the cost of living is sky rocketing they jump on the bandwagon. Even worse trying to use the green angle to justify it.

    Wonder what the reason is for the price hike. Rovers will likely be at full capacity for most games, is that not enough to cover costs?

    Would a decision like this require member approval?

  11. #7
    Coach
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,841
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    752
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,580
    Thanked in
    1,060 Posts
    Not that it's likely to impact me for some years to come but I think it's fair enough. Drogheda and Dundalk have been charging that for far inferior facilities for years. Or at least they were last time I was in each ground.
    Take me to the magic of the moment, on a glory night where the children of tomorrow dream away, in the wind of change.

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #8
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,216
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    164
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    732
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Poor from Rovers at a time when the cost of living is sky rocketing they jump on the bandwagon. Even worse trying to use the green angle to justify it.

    Wonder what the reason is for the price hike. Rovers will likely be at full capacity for most games, is that not enough to cover costs?

    Would a decision like this require member approval?
    You are on a wind up i presume??
    Match tickets are cheaper than Dundalk for the majority of the games and our season tickets are €200 compared to DFC €275 for a better team in a better ground
    Members are all Season ticket holders so individual match tickets are irrelevant and as regards approval my only complaint would be it has been to cheap for to long

  14. #9
    First Team Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    You are on a wind up i presume??
    Match tickets are cheaper than Dundalk for the majority of the games and our season tickets are €200 compared to DFC €275 for a better team in a better ground
    Members are all Season ticket holders so individual match tickets are irrelevant and as regards approval my only complaint would be it has been to cheap for to long
    Also worth noting that individual match tickets for adults were €15 for at least the last 10 years so in that context not a huge increase ; also our early bird adult season ticket for coming season was €180 or €10 per match

    PS not doubt only a matter of time before SF issue a statement that they’ll reduce the price of tickets along with all the other freebies they’ll use their magic money tree to pay for
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 11/02/2022 at 12:22 PM.

  15. #10
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    194
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Pats have sold out the 1500 tickets for tonight. Weird that another 500 or so haven’t been made available when the match won’t sell out and there will be hundreds of empty seats in the same stand on the other side of the cordoned off away section. I saw Con Murphy mention rovers have sold 3000 too plus whatever walk ups on the day should make for a great event
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  16. #11
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,852
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    525
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Poor from Rovers at a time when the cost of living is sky rocketing they jump on the bandwagon.

    Wonder what the reason is for the price hike.
    They've a horse to feed now.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #12
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    194
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    They’ve now given an extra 100 to pats. It still just doesn’t make sense giving the extra tickets in dribs and drabs, particularly at this stage. The allocation is now double what the club were originally given
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  19. #13
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    169
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    They’ve now given an extra 100 to pats. It still just doesn’t make sense giving the extra tickets in dribs and drabs, particularly at this stage. The allocation is now double what the club were originally given
    I’d say with the original allocation they’ve been surprised by the level of interest from Pats fans,slow to react and give extra though as you say….

    Can you pay on the gate?
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  20. #14
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    194
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I’d say with the original allocation they’ve been surprised by the level of interest from Pats fans,slow to react and give extra though as you say….

    Can you pay on the gate?
    I think home fans can but as pats have been told and passed on the announcement that you can’t pay at the gate as an away fan
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  21. #15
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    169
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    I think home fans can but as pats have been told and passed on the announcement that you can’t pay at the gate as an away fan
    F**k it then, I’d go along and sit in the home end if I really wanted to go….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  22. #16
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,063
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    170
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    318
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    5400 in arctic conditions for the Coppa Del Uachtarán na hÉireann

  23. #17
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,852
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    525
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    5400 in arctic conditions for the Coppa Del Uachtarán na hÉireann
    The Coppa D. Higgins ?

  24. Thanks From:


  25. #18
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,063
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    170
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    318
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    The Coppa D. Higgins ?
    Name the trophy after him would be a good legacy to the man for creating the competition. I’m hoping this competition goes on after his term. Who knows what fruitcake will inhabit the park in years to come.

  26. #19
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Name the trophy after him would be a good legacy to the man for creating the competition. I’m hoping this competition goes on after his term. Who knows what fruitcake will inhabit the park in years to come.
    And given his real interest in the league with his beloved Galway.

    I remember going early to a Drogs game a few years back vs Galway and ahead of me was the presidents car !! It was brilliant tbh

    He met a few locals before hand to clock it as a work trip but then was there in the stand for the match …

  27. #20
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,852
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    525
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    536
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    And given his real interest in the league with his beloved Galway.

    I remember going early to a Drogs game a few years back vs Galway and ahead of me was the presidents car !! It was brilliant tbh

    He met a few locals before hand to clock it as a work trip but then was there in the stand for the match …
    The President doesn't need to clock anything as a work trip. He can't just rock up at places in his own car under his own steam you know

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Limerick
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/11/2009, 11:17 PM
  2. IL attendances
    By sonofstan in forum Irish League
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07/08/2008, 11:47 PM
  3. Attendances are they up or Down?
    By Rovers Maniac in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 21/07/2008, 6:01 PM
  4. Attendances so far?
    By Maroon 7 in forum Galway United
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20/04/2008, 11:28 PM
  5. Attendances
    By London-Irish in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16/10/2007, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •