Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The first one there did look to be a nudge in the back so not extremely controversial though the shels player milked it. The last one the ball came off the arm and helped push the ball on in front getting it under some control, dunno if it was in the box and the ref looked initially that he was signaling for a free and then changed to pointing to the spot but ive lost track on the handball rule at this stage . The one against St Pats kinda reminded me of the John Cleary cup final penalty v Derry. Bohs one was a good tackle. For most though the footage isnt great to be certain ether way.
    So everyone agrees, defo not a pen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    There are dozens of us.
    Hundreds even.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    So everyone agrees, defo not a pen!
    Well it was a peno, just one that shouldnt have been given...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    What is Ben Curtis like as a player lads and are there prospects of him going across the water?
    Haven’t seen him, and as far as I’m aware he hasn’t made the Pats bench yet (open to correction there), so he seems to be a bit behind the brother.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    Hundreds even.
    Great to know, you'd be hard pressed at an average game at The Bowl to pick out the same 10 faces game to game, outside of the players families. Always been a great mystery how the football media team at UCD have failed to mobilise any sort of meaningful student attendance at games, given there are 30k students in the place. Pints can be had just around the corner, just needs a but of effort and imagination

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Haven’t seen him, and as far as I’m aware he hasn’t made the Pats bench yet (open to correction there), so he seems to be a bit behind the brother.
    Ben has made the bench 4 times this season, most recently the 3-0 win over Bohs before the break.

Ive seen him a couple of times for the 19s including a 3-0 win over Rovers on Monday, he looks a good prospect too but as you say, he doesn’t appear to stand out as much as his younger brother Sam has. Hard to judge lads playing in the 19s league though (particularly defenders) until they get into senior football and play games at that level
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    Great to know, you'd be hard pressed at an average game at The Bowl to pick out the same 10 faces game to game, outside of the players families. Always been a great mystery how the football media team at UCD have failed to mobilise any sort of meaningful student attendance at games, given there are 30k students in the place. Pints can be had just around the corner, just needs a but of effort and imagination
    I was only messing about the hundreds.

There's been many attempted promotions and initiatives over the years including free beer vouchers back in the Budweiser sponsorship days, playing on a Thursday, free entry for students and so on. In the pre social media days I used to plaster the campus with posters for upcoming games for a couple of seasons. Nothing seems to garner interest with the student base or stick. If you look on the UCD forum here you can probably dig out previous discussions about it. There's probably more traction trying to tap into the locality than the students.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    That's great insight Poor Student, thanks, will look into that thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    That's great insight Poor Student, thanks, will look into that thread.
    Here's one such discussion: https://foot.ie/threads/126132-UCD-support-discussion

In my memory there was a lot more robust discussion about it here in years gone by. Maybe some of it took place on threads in the main LOI forum. There was a time when a fair few fans of other clubs would write missives on here about how UCD's lack of support is a disgrace to the league and would welcome our demise or removal, particularly Cork fans who couldn't cope with the fact they were playing hoofball to Clive Delaney and couldn't beat us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://www.sligorovers.com/bit-o-re...vadia-tallinn/

Sligo sign Estonian international Frank Liivak….
    Interesting signing

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    He is circling the wagons for sure but I dont think there was much there to indicate he could leave. He might be deflecting responsibility of UCDs form like a manager that fears that a sacking is near hand. The persecution of UCD by refs is bordering on conspiracy theory rhetoric. Refs are consistent with all teams, often consistently bad. I'd hate to have to do a post match interview when incidents are fresh in the mind as ye could say anything in that moment. Myler looked quite calm there imo.
    Myler and his assistant O'Connor in the Shels match at Tolka spent as much time hounding the 4th official on the sidelines over completely nothing things rather than watching the match and coaching their team. I must say Kevin Doherty and Daire Doyle were not much better in the previous match

I know management is a tough gig but if managers and coaching staff of part-time teams are under crazy levels of pressure and badger the 4th official over every single stupid little thing going on in the match I don't think it's the role for them
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

13. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    Interesting signing
    Didn't play as his side lost 6-1 in the Champions League preliminary round away to Viking Reykjavik. Came on as a sub in their last league game.

I'd love to know how these sort of moves come about. Completely random one

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Myler and his assistant O'Connor in the Shels match at Tolka spent as much time hounding the 4th official on the sidelines over completely nothing things rather than watching the match and coaching their team. I must say Kevin Doherty and Daire Doyle were not much better in the previous match

I know management is a tough gig but if managers and coaching staff of part-time teams are under crazy levels of pressure and badger the 4th official over every single stupid little thing going on in the match I don't think it's the role for them
    Of all the clubs in all the leagues in all the world, UCD Managers are under practically zero pressure from either their limited fan base or their board (unless that is the board member wants you to play his son 😀.....remember the Collie ONeill debacle ). In fact, in the bigger scheme of things, they genuinely don't care which division they are in. Sometimes, you just get people who can't cope themselves, and their only mechanism is to lash out because they don't have what it takes. And when your own players have no respect for you, you may as well take it all out on the officials. Yes, I know.....I'm Myler bashing again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Hearing word here in The Bowl this evening that Liam Kerrigan is heading to Italy, to Serie B side Como. Also hearing another player walked this week. WTF is going on. Best of luck to LK, what a move to an amazing part of the world. Beats cold nights in Derry or Tallaght !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Hearing word here in The Bowl this evening that Liam Kerrigan is heading to Italy, to Serie B side Como. Also hearing another player walked this week. WTF is going on. Best of luck to LK, what a move to an amazing part of the world. Beats cold nights in Derry or Tallaght !
    eoin farrell signed with wexford , not that he featured much this season anyway with ye.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Derry reporter Eric White has tweeted that about Kerrigan. Interesting move for him. Glad he's not gone down the league's in England, wouldn't suit him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Pretty spectacular place to play your football,hopefully he develops well there….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Derry reporter Eric White has tweeted that about Kerrigan. Interesting move for him. Glad he's not gone down the league's in England, wouldn't suit him
    of all players i think uk would suit kerrigan a lot better tbh. hes well able physically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    of all players i think uk would suit kerrigan a lot better tbh. hes well able physically.
    Agreed - assume they noticed him in the under 21 game a couple of weeks ago

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    eoin farrell signed with wexford , not that he featured much this season anyway with ye.
    I guess that accounts for his departure, as it does for the other players who walked, although there's plenty more to the story than lads not getting game time. Farrell is an excellent young player, and I hope he does well at Wexford. Think Wexford are going to muscle their way into the playoffs and be stronger again next season.

Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast