Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Disappointed to hear that Jimmy won't be back for Wexford. Still only nineteen and thought he improved greatly as the 2021 season went on. Had no problems with his general shot-stopping and handling of crosses. Very quick off his line for one-on-ones. Charged outside his penalty area a couple of times maybe when he shouldn't have but that's due to inexperience. Not the tallest goalkeeper these days when some keepers' heads seem to be almost touching the crossbar.

Think he'd be well-suited to fighting for the no. 1 jersey in Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Gearóid Morrissey announced his retirement,a great LOI midfielder and scorer of one the best goals I’ve seen in Finn Park!

Only 30 years old and from his statement it’s a decision he’s taken with a heavy heart due to financial and security reasons,pretty sad really for Cork and the league in general….
    Last edited by joey B; 02/12/2021 at 5:34 PM.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    Looking like Kev Doherty and Daire Doyle as assistant for Drogs. Daire could entice a few of Longfords better players, I'd take Dervin anyways and Steacy if required. Grimes also looked a very good player when I saw him this year (I think it was Grimes anyways).
    Grimes started in the LOI at Shels under Doherty and looked a serious prospect, then once Owen Heary took over both him and the now in-demand James Brown were deemed not good enough for the First Division and almost ended up on the LOI scrapheap. I would be really surprised if Grimes doesn't end up at Drogheda now
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Grimes started in the LOI at Shels under Doherty and looked a serious prospect, then once Owen Heary took over both him and the now in-demand James Brown were deemed not good enough for the First Division and almost ended up on the LOI scrapheap. I would be really surprised if Grimes doesn't end up at Drogheda now
    I’d expect that Doherty has a good network and I always wondered who was responsible for our great signings last year - Clancy or Doherty (maybe both) - I guess we will find out over the coming months.

I wonder if the potential move of Foley (ex.Harps) is now off with Clancy moving. I’d hope Ryan Brennan is still a possibility. Grimes did stand out so a move to Drogs would be good. I’ll feel more comfortable when we start resigning some of this years team.
    Drogheda United in this together

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Very carefully worded!

St Patrick's Athletic Press Release | Thursday December 2nd 2021

St Patrick’s Athletic are pleased to announce the addition of Tim Clancy to the management team for the 2022 season.

Tim has signed a two year contract with the club, effective today and will strengthen our team.

We would like to thank Drogheda United for their professionalism in this process and permitting us to speak with their manager with a view to him joining St Patrick’s Athletic.

Tim Clancy said "I am delighted to join the management team at a massive club like St Patrick's Athletic and looking forward to helping the Club to achieve its great ambitions. It was a difficult decision to leave Drogheda United and I am eternally grateful to them for giving me my first opportunity in management"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    SOD being quite conniving and Pats being naive in their handling of issues such as players' contracts and beyond are not mutually exclusive.
    It should be a big part of how St Pat's deal with the aftermath of this irrespective of how it pans out. I'd find it concerning if 1 person, even the head coach/manager, are the only ones in the know at a club on contractual circumstances of staff and players (verbal agreements are useless). Even Dundalk under Chairman Bill there wouldnt have been such a vacuum of info internally on what stage talks are at and when people were actively keeping certain people in the dark. Clubs dont know who players and agents are talking to when contracts are due to end (isnt the in the last 6 months of a contract where no approach to a club is needed?), with this in mind, the likes of Derry looking to build quickly with shiny new money, Rovers maybe wanting to build strength in depth, Shels looking to make a statement to follow up Duff's appointment and so on - surely someone would or should have asked questions and if not was leaving ripe pickings regardless. Again annoyance, even anger is understandable but there should be plenty of introspection also! If O'Donnell was being as manipulative as has been suggested I just cant see how it was kept so under wraps, at least 1 player would have broken ranks - maybe to score favour for their own ends. It asks questions about the internal relationships behind the scenes at Pats, officials, agents, fans, friends - it would be pretty ruthless to burn bridges with a whole bunch of people which would be necessary for S'OD (AND others) to be so machiavellian in all this.

Its all gone pretty quiet so its possible people have settled down a tad after the initial surprise and lessons will be learned. Drogheda Utd people have been saying in recent weeks that Clancy would have been too loyal to consider Dundalk if he was the target (but he would be ok going to another club), before all this kerfuffle with S'OD I thought that was at best wishful thinking as would he have turned down a FT setup with a pay rise and a bigger budget to play with, just because of Drogheda's rivalry with Dundalk - he is hardly A dyed in the wool Drogheda chap, former player legend ala Declan O'Brien. Its a moot point if appointments have been made but I dont think would have been dissimilar with the reaction if Clancy had been route Dundalk FC had been looking at. Indeed that cast iron and announced 2 year contract extension he was given recently may have put him out of contention from the get go - maybe its money that may have to go to the Drogs to get Clancy in as manager that is causing the irritation in the ST Pats boardroom?

Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Very carefully worded!

Tim has signed a two year contract with the club, effective today and will strengthen our team.

We would like to thank Drogheda United for their professionalism in this process and permitting us to speak with their manager with a view to him joining St Patrick’s Athletic.

Tim Clancy said "I am delighted to join the management team at a massive club like St Patrick's Athletic and looking forward to helping the Club to achieve its great ambitions. It was a difficult decision to leave Drogheda United and I am eternally grateful to them for giving me my first opportunity in management"
    Lessons learnt and digs administered - a sense of moving on!? It could get tasty next season between Dundalk and St Pats....
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/12/2021 at 7:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Very carefully worded!

St Patrick’s Athletic are pleased to announce the addition of Tim Clancy to the management team for the 2022 season.

My thoughts exactly on the wording!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Three managers is a novel approach.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    My thoughts exactly on the wording!
    Bit of Drogs release “ “We wish Tim well as he moves on to pastures new and thank him for all that he achieved at Drogheda United. I would also like to say thank you to St Patrick’s Athletic for the professional and courteous manner in which they have acted in relation to Tim’s departure from Drogheda United.”

Very similar language and both releases at the same time - professional coordination … times a changing

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    I’d expect that Doherty has a good network and I always wondered who was responsible for our great signings last year - Clancy or Doherty (maybe both) - I guess we will find out over the coming months.

I wonder if the potential move of Foley (ex.Harps) is now off with Clancy moving. I’d hope Ryan Brennan is still a possibility. Grimes did stand out so a move to Drogs would be good. I’ll feel more comfortable when we start resigning some of this years team.
    I think Foley will sign as he's living locally and not sure he'd be in huge demand. Brennan signing would be great also but for some reason I don't think it will happen. I think in a best case scenario we lose only Brown and Doyle which would be tolerable. But worst case scenario we lose Markey, O Reilly, Redmond,Philips, Odumosu and Deegan on top of that. Interesting few weeks ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Three managers is a novel approach.
    Ménager a trois , we believe in the continental approach in Richmond Park.

13. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It should be a big part of how St Pat's deal with the aftermath of this irrespective of how it pans out. I'd find it concerning if 1 person, even the head coach/manager, are the only ones in the know at a club on contractual circumstances of staff and players (verbal agreements are useless). Even Dundalk under Chairman Bill there wouldnt have been such a vacuum of info internally on what stage talks are at and when people were actively keeping certain people in the dark. Clubs dont know who players and agents are talking to when contracts are due to end (isnt the in the last 6 months of a contract where no approach to a club is needed?), with this in mind, the likes of Derry looking to build quickly with shiny new money, Rovers maybe wanting to build strength in depth, Shels looking to make a statement to follow up Duff's appointment and so on - surely someone would or should have asked questions and if not was leaving ripe pickings regardless. Again annoyance, even anger is understandable but there should be plenty of introspection also! If O'Donnell was being as manipulative as has been suggested I just cant see how it was kept so under wraps, at least 1 player would have broken ranks - maybe to score favour for their own ends. It asks questions about the internal relationships behind the scenes at Pats, officials, agents, fans, friends - it would be pretty ruthless to burn bridges with a whole bunch of people which would be necessary for S'OD (AND others) to be so machiavellian in all this.

Its all gone pretty quiet so its possible people have settled down a tad after the initial surprise and lessons will be learned. Drogheda Utd people have been saying in recent weeks that Clancy would have been too loyal to consider Dundalk if he was the target (but he would be ok going to another club), before all this kerfuffle with S'OD I thought that was at best wishful thinking as would he have turned down a FT setup with a pay rise and a bigger budget to play with, just because of Drogheda's rivalry with Dundalk - he is hardly A dyed in the wool Drogheda chap, former player legend ala Declan O'Brien. Its a moot point if appointments have been made but I dont think would have been dissimilar with the reaction if Clancy had been route Dundalk FC had been looking at. Indeed that cast iron and announced 2 year contract extension he was given recently may have put him out of contention from the get go - maybe its money that may have to go to the Drogs to get Clancy in as manager that is causing the irritation in the ST Pats boardroom?

Lessons learnt and digs administered - a sense of moving on!? It could get tasty next season between Dundalk and St Pats....
    I think you’re about to find that the people learning lessons are not the people who run St Pats!
    Any idea why Dundalk haven’t announced a new manager yet?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    So much prefessionalism and courteousness and kindness and etiquette on show...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post

Just like. Bohs /Rovers ticket allocation discussion …. Oh wait … er ….
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    O'Donnell must be staying on to put the cones out for training.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    I think Foley will sign as he's living locally and not sure he'd be in huge demand. Brennan signing would be great also but for some reason I don't think it will happen. I think in a best case scenario we lose only Brown and Doyle which would be tolerable. But worst case scenario we lose Markey, O Reilly, Redmond,Philips, Odumosu and Deegan on top of that. Interesting few weeks ahead.
    I hear you .. hopefully Doherty has good relationships with them that will see some of them stay. I would also see Massey as a risk leaving back to Dundalk.

I didn’t realise Foley was local, I know he was quiet 2nd half of the season but in the first half he was very good and I liked they way he ran at defenders with a good shot.

At this point I am assuming Sean Brennan is still on the management team and if so hopefully that adds some strength to our ability to sign Ryan.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    I hear you .. hopefully Doherty has good relationships with them that will see some of them stay. I would also see Massey as a risk leaving back to Dundalk.

I didn’t realise Foley was local, I know he was quiet 2nd half of the season but in the first half he was very good and I liked they way he ran at defenders with a good shot.

At this point I am assuming Sean Brennan is still on the management team and if so hopefully that adds some strength to our ability to sign Ryan.
    I think Massey will go back to Dundalk and I forgot to add Kane to potential list of outgoings too. Really could be disastrous.

Adam Foley is involved with Glebe North as far as I know so I'm pretty sure he's local enough. I forgot Sean was coaching with us that should be a huge draw for Ryan then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Ménager a trois , we believe in the continental approach in Richmond Park.
    Or Manager a trois .

(Can’t claim credit for that one in fairness)
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I think you’re about to find that the people learning lessons are not the people who run St Pats!
    Any idea why Dundalk haven’t announced a new manager yet?
    Indeed, there could be lessons all 'round, its LoI. What would we do over the close season without such drama - seems endless with Dundalk of recent. Its straight forward enough, a contract was signed or it wasnt, *clauses 'n all. If it was and presented as otherwise then it isnt necessarily Dundalk on the hook and all that due diligence jazz will have shown issues and hence the silence. Or it wasnt signed and noses are sufficiently out of joint to have a tantrum and there are some solicitors making a few quid. Its always cut and dry in LoI! I will side on things being sorted relatively quietly in the end. But keep the legals in the mix for as long as possible is a way to throw a spanner in the works - if I owned a club i'd probably be petty enough to do it!

Why no announcement? Ive learned not to speculate too much on such things as few have the real answers and those in the know even less so!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/12/2021 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Been a bit of a mystery week as a Blues fan. Thankfully the locally paper shed some light on things. https://waterford-news.ie/2021/12/02...promised-land/

Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast