Page 85 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Danny Searle appointed Waterford head coach,a familiar route for Waterford…
    Seriously un feckin believable, how do you not leave it with the boys who have done such a job since Morris left.
    When do Waterford stop shooting themselves in the head

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Good piece on RTE about Lido Lotefa, seen sticking on the U21 game in Italy. A really sound and grounded young lad when at Oriel. Not sure if there is a past player thread but maybe not so long since his transfer from Dundalk dont think its been posted already.

https://www.rte.ie/player/movie/lido...l/287400488374

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Yeah saw piece online about Lido Nesta. What on earth are Waterford playing at ?Surely to God we will overtake them in the table!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Seriously un feckin believable, how do you not leave it with the boys who have done such a job since Morris left.
    When do Waterford stop shooting themselves in the head
    Essex lads sticking together! Braintree nearly relegated out of the National League so 8th tier?? Waterford fans cant be happy with that when a good job was being done by the interim lads. Its a wait and see but odds are on a falling out when the side goes backwards again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Essex lads sticking together! Braintree nearly relegated out of the National League so 8th tier?? Waterford fans cant be happy with that when a good job was being done by the interim lads. Its a wait and see but odds are on a falling out when the side goes backwards again.
    The definition of stupidity...when you keep doing the same thing over and over again and keep getting the same crappy outcome

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Josh Kerr, a defender who had a spell on loan at Derry a few years ago signed for Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    The definition of stupidity...when you keep doing the same thing over and over again and keep getting the same crappy outcome
    Might prove me wrong but I remember him as a mediocre midfielder at Fourth Division level in England. As mentioned above jobs for the boys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Anyhow the reason I’m here, do Shamrock Rovers get a cut of Southampton’s £12m+ they are paying for Gavin Bazunu?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Anyhow the reason I’m here, do Shamrock Rovers get a cut of Southampton’s £12m+ they are paying for Gavin Bazunu?
    Apparently 15%, but as of yet, that's unconfirmed.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    About €2m + what other clauses have been met already, nice money on top of a European run. The Project has its 1st major success. The new project is sustaining this sort of level semi regularly at least. At this rate Rovers could buy their own ground rather relying on the SDCC stadium bailout project!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Ah Nesta, we have a racehorse to feed here.

I was hoping for a bigger deal but obviously we'd all have taken the 3m+ we look to be getting over the course of the entire deal when he left for City first. I don't know how many Bazunu's we can realistically produce as he is potentially world class but this is the blueprint for future negotiations. There are some really talented groups coming through, particularly at the younger ages where the kids have been in the Academy for longer.

It's great to see Robinson, Bradley, McPhail and the others involved getting to see the pay off already. And great for Gavin obviously.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Talbot out for the season for bohs.
    Won't get the chance to wear a dublin bus seat

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Ah Nesta, we have a racehorse to feed here.

I was hoping for a bigger deal but obviously we'd all have taken the 3m+ we look to be getting over the course of the entire deal when he left for City first. I don't know how many Bazunu's we can realistically produce as he is potentially world class but this is the blueprint for future negotiations. There are some really talented groups coming through, particularly at the younger ages where the kids have been in the Academy for longer.

It's great to see Robinson, Bradley, McPhail and the others involved getting to see the pay off already. And great for Gavin obviously.
    The City buy back clause could be an interesting one especially if Bazunu himself or Rovers required as part of their clauses have another add on. It'd be a much smaller percentage but on a larger transfer fee. A total guess but going on other similar type arrangements the buy-back could be in the 35mil mark if Bazunu keeps hitting his targets and could be a bargain for Man City down the line.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Talbot out for the season for bohs.
    Won't get the chance to wear a dublin bus seat
    Would've taken him some effort to wear it as a keeper too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I thought this was a really interesting article (paywalled) in The Athletic with English based scouts commenting on what the attitude is towards players in Scotland. https://theathletic.com/3346810/2022...hip-transfers/

I'd love to read the equivalent of the Scottish clubs scouting the LOI. There's clearly been an uptick in Scottish interest in the Irish market but I'd love to actually see what are the pros and cons they see in the market.

I'm not sure if it's something that's actually tracked anywhere but I'd like to see a (estimated) history of annual income from transfer fees to the LOI. Between Doherty (to Spurs), Bazunu, Johnny Kenny, Alex Murphy and co. it's been millions coming into the LOI in recent years.

It feels like it was closer to a 5 figure sum prior to covid/brexit, but it's more likely I just wasn't following things as closely then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    I thought this was a really interesting article (paywalled) in The Athletic with English based scouts commenting on what the attitude is towards players in Scotland. https://theathletic.com/3346810/2022...hip-transfers/

I'd love to read the equivalent of the Scottish clubs scouting the LOI. There's clearly been an uptick in Scottish interest in the Irish market but I'd love to actually see what are the pros and cons they see in the market.

I'm not sure if it's something that's actually tracked anywhere but I'd like to see a (estimated) history of annual income from transfer fees to the LOI. Between Doherty (to Spurs), Bazunu, Johnny Kenny, Alex Murphy and co. it's been millions coming into the LOI in recent years.

It feels like it was closer to a 5 figure sum prior to covid/brexit, but it's more likely I just wasn't following things as closely then.
    Many reasons why (Brxit/ more 'foreigners' in English youth teams/ league improvement here)

But also important is that the players are not leaving from DDSL clubs. LOI clubs are in a much better position to get the proper fees for our talents

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Hopefully the shameful days of the "white slavery" trade perpetuated by those in ddsl clubs is coming to an end. In my honest option those people are as guilty as that gob€hite Delaney for the woes of Irish football.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Many reasons why (Brxit/ more 'foreigners' in English youth teams/ league improvement here)

But also important is that the players are not leaving from DDSL clubs. LOI clubs are in a much better position to get the proper fees for our talents

The best thing to come out of Brexit is that you don't have DDSL clubs sending kids over at 15 years old for 5k fees (or less) even though they know they aren't good enough.
    Seeing the likes of Kevins and others trumpeting their "success" of kids going over to play for League 1 and 2 academy's was a disgrace.
    These kids 95% + of them then come back with no education worth talking about and branded as failures.
    Thanks to Brexit these kids are staying here and only the best will go at 18 with an education and for a fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Two lads return from Drogheda to Lincoln. Big losses. Will put Drogheda right in the relegation battle.

Also, Dundalk need to tie up their loan signings. Will be a fight for Europe if they leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    those 2 lads are a massive loss. great loan move by drogs that has them in a great position to avoid the play offs at mid stage of the season

Page 85 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast