Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    I think 150-200k for a punt from a League 1 club is decent enough actually, given LoI transfers can be very hit and miss. Especially with players on short contracts.

30k for the reigning champions' top scorer is a really bad indictment though. Not entirely sure who on, but on someone.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think 150-200k for a punt from a League 1 club is decent enough actually, given LoI transfers can be very hit and miss. Especially with players on short contracts.

30k for the reigning champions' top scorer is a really bad indictment though. Not entirely sure who on, but on someone.
    Yeah that's my take as well. IF Burton's analysis is fairly well used over there and they look at the track record of players who have done well after moving, anything over 100k isn't that bad if a short term contract is involved. Devoy and Kenny also weren't at the top club here when they went so if League 1 clubs look at our champions as mid table teams then they aren't going to risk half a million or close to it for a player who is doing well at Bohs or Sligo, particularly if they can get him for free in 6 months. So the release clauses match the valuation. Extend the contracts and the release clauses will go up maybe.

Mandroius was bad but as I said earlier, we needed him last year and we got him for free essentially so losing him for free isn't terrible. If it was happening to us all the time I'd be worried but it looks like Lyons will go for north of 200k at least and others have gone for more.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 19/07/2022 at 5:25 PM.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Josh Giurgi winger former Norwich Under 23 and ROI underage international has signed for Shels until the end of the season
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Kenny went for 150k? Were you unhappy with that? Or was it worth getting him on a pro deal and getting his goals plus the 150k versus losing him on a free earlier or later?

I wonder what the release clauses do for add ons. Do they remove our ability to include sell on fees and appearance fees or are those things baked in to any offer? You'd hope so.
    He signed a pro deal at the start of the season to the end of 2022. Then signed another contract to the end of 2024 at the end of last season. He didn’t have to sign that but did to ensure the club got some decentish money for him.

There are add ons also.

It was pretty obvious early on he wasn’t going to be with us for too long so glad that we weren’t shafted totally on it. As already said the agents are calling all the shots these days

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Promise Omochere 3 year deal at Fleetwood. Don't think I've ever seen a window where the league has lost so much talent. League will be the worse for it, hard pressed to name the remaining top young talent, seems like it's all been snapped up

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Half a million a year coming into the league wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

But yeah, question is can the league keep replenishing that quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    Promise Omochere 3 year deal at Fleetwood. Don't think I've ever seen a window where the league has lost so much talent. League will be the worse for it, hard pressed to name the remaining top young talent, seems like it's all been snapped up
    Remaining top young talent’s name is Justin Ferizai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Jamie Mullins another top prospect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Adam Murphy at Pats. Remember the name. Sam Curtis too.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Generally release clauses are exactly that a full release for a fee, no add ons etc. Rovers have done well in transfers over the last few years to the tune of 4 million + but mandroiu was signed as a replacement for Jack Byrne who went to Cyprus, he scored 15 goals plenty of assists and we won the league so tbh I can see what the club did and can't fault them. As long as it doesn't become the norm its not to bad, the one that got away as such.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    The reason we see so much talent leaving is because the talent there. Pre brexit these lads would have been more or less kidnapped at 14 or 15 taken to England and we would not have seen them again. We are getting the chance to see their talent when it's young eg. Devoy and Mullins(who is still there but surely will go soon) at Bohs and numerous others at other clubs. I just hope like the Italians lately who have signed a few, we don't go back to losing our lads at 14 or 15 and never see what they have to offer. It has been fantastic to see this talent in recent years.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hopefully the younger players will stay at home but if not will go to Europe where they will get better coaching etc in the academies. Maybe a greater percentage of them will stay in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    We've signed Barry Cotter on loan from Rovers. Surprised at this tbh. He's mainly a left back I thought and we have Breslin and Bermo who were both fairly solid when played there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    He only played left back for rovers when players were injured. He right footed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    yeh hes a right full, hes better than scott but i dont think hes at the level of other rovers players atm. no where near andy lyons.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    We've signed Barry Cotter on loan from Rovers. Surprised at this tbh. He's mainly a left back I thought and we have Breslin and Bermo who were both fairly solid when played there.

With Sam Curtis injured and Scott gone he might be in there as back up to Brockbank , with the option of using him on the left if necessary as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stav View Post
    Hopefully the younger players will stay at home but if not will go to Europe where they will get better coaching etc in the academies. Maybe a greater percentage of them will stay in the game.
    The days of English academies lagging the continent are gone. Look at the calibre of players they're producing these days. Still, keeping our players at home until they finish their education seems like the best outcome from several perspectives: the players, league, and national team will all benefit, as will the kids who don't make it as pros.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    I see Lambo has a thread on Twitter regarding the current market for LOI players and the need for clubs to work together to prevent low release clauses.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I see Lambo has a thread on Twitter regarding the current market for LOI players and the need for clubs to work together to prevent low release clauses.
    Good to see fans of other clubs completely ignoring his legitimate point that's also affecting their teams just cause they don't like him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Is Lyons not leaving now?