Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Eoin Doyle to Pats confirmed, hope he came on the Heysham or Holyhead Ferry.

2JC got in ahead of me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Good signing for Pats,might keep them in touch with Rovers and Derry but still hard to see them winning it…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Good signing for Pats,might keep them in touch with Rovers and Derry but still hard to see them winning it…..
    Bookies have us third favourite at 13/2 and that’s probably realistic. Depending on the keeper and right back still to be announced, those odds might shorten a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    We need at least 4/5 more to be realistically talking about winning the league I'd say, not to sound dramatic but we're just really lacking depth in everywhere but the forward positions. Still plenty of time though and I like how we're shaping up, seems as though it's a waiting game for a few players in the UK to get out of their contracts.

Doyle is a big one anyway, not sure how it'll work with us having 4 strikers and several wingers in the squad already but that's Tim Clancy's problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    We need at least 4/5 more to be realistically talking about winning the league I'd say, not to sound dramatic but we're just really lacking depth in everywhere but the forward positions.
    Doyle is a big one anyway, not sure how it'll work with us having 4 strikers and several wingers in the squad already but that's Tim Clancy's problem.
    A nice problem to have. I agree that we are a bit light at the back and in the middle, but can’t complain with any of the signings we’ve made so far. Goalie, Right Back, maybe another centre half and a centre mid. With those four positions covered I’d be very happy.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    doyle even tho hes nearing 34 is still a very good signing should be giving pats 18-20 a season no bother to him, 3 year deal is fair steep mind you. How clancy lines up will be interesting, as ye have mentioned lots of forward players and there isnt space for all of them. didnt really get the coughlan re-signing myself. gk and another cb i think pats will be good to go. ben mccormack will play a good bit this season i reckon, cracking player when hes fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Bookies have us third favourite at 13/2 and that’s probably realistic. Depending on the keeper and right back still to be announced, those odds might shorten a bit.
    Think this is from Boyle Sports, they have it as this:

Rovers - 4/7
    Derry - 3/1
    Pats - 13/2
    DFC - 8/1
    Bohs - 12/1
    Sligo - 12/1
    Shels - 25/1
    Drogs - 66/1
    FH - 150/1
    UCD -150/1

I think a bit harsh on Sligo that price as they finished 3rd last season, lost Kenny but not too many others, possibly a bit generous on us too, but 4th was my abs max expectation this season.

Still 3 or 4 new players to come.

Looks a decent GK for us today from Wales, u21 caps, then again this time last year it was Abibi, christ still not fully over that.

Good signing that today for Pats, will certainly boost them.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    A nice problem to have. I agree that we are a bit light at the back and in the middle, but can’t complain with any of the signings we’ve made so far. Goalie, Right Back, maybe another centre half and a centre mid. With those four positions covered I’d be very happy.
    Yeah definitely no complaints, sure this time last year folk were panicking about the state we were in and look how they turned out.

Think 2 midfielders are probably needed personally considering Lewis and Benson are gone, leaving Forrester, Lennon and a few (albeit talented) kids. Agree though, keeper and right back definitely the priority given they're starting XI positions yet to be filled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

Rovers - 4/7
    Derry - 3/1
    Pats - 13/2
    DFC - 8/1
    Bohs - 12/1
    Sligo - 12/1
    Shels - 25/1
    Drogs - 66/1
    FH - 150/1
    UCD -150/1

I think a bit harsh on Sligo that price as they finished 3rd last season, lost Kenny but not too many others, possibly a bit generous on us too, but 4th was my abs max expectation this season.

Looks a decent GK for us today from Wales, u21 caps, then again this time last year it was Abibi, christ still not fully over that.

Weve no one to score a goal at the moment

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Yeah definitely no complaints, sure this time last year folk were panicking about the state we were in and look how they turned out.

Think 2 midfielders are probably needed personally considering Lewis and Benson are gone, leaving Forrester, Lennon and a few (albeit talented) kids. Agree though, keeper and right back definitely the priority given they're starting XI positions yet to be filled.

With the amount of forwards signed I reckon we’re looking at a 4-2-1-3 with the likes of King or Coughlan playing behind the striker. So one more midfielder to compete with McCormack and Corbally as back-up to Lennon and Forrester.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    With the amount of forwards signed I reckon we’re looking at a 4-2-1-3 with the likes of King or Coughlan playing behind the striker. So one more midfielder to compete with McCormack and Corbally as back-up to Lennon and Forrester.
    Maybe, McCormack himself is the type of player that plays in that 1 himself though. Certainly not his natural game to be in that deeper role. Think he could have a big season in any case if he has good luck with injuries.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Rovers - 4/7
    Derry - 3/1
    Pats - 13/2
    DFC - 8/1
    Bohs - 12/1
    Sligo - 12/1
    Shels - 25/1
    Drogs - 66/1
    FH - 150/1
    UCD -150/1

as of now, other than having a fit Bolger is there any upgrade for `Sligo? No Kenny.

don’t see them as top 5 meself and 12/1 short for me. Would put them maybe 50s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    It’s mad that one single tweet mentioning the 2022 jerseys will be the most sustainable ones to date has got you this wound up, it’s hardly being broadcasted to the national media every day. Also Umbro are the ones who decided what materials to use to make the jerseys from not pats. And I’m sure Umbro asked for their efforts to be highlighted by the clubs when revealing the jerseys as both pats and Waterford did for them.

On the topic of Waterford's new jersey reveal mentioning the sustainable materials Umbro used on their jersey, wait until you hear about how their owner commutes to their games back and forth from England on an plane. What an outrage! He should be living in a bamboo hut behind the goal at the RSC if he wants to go to their games

As for improving the footballing facilities in Pakistan, that will be happening as part of the plan. A 10 million dollar stadium being the first step in regards that. It'd probably be best to actually fully take in all the details of the partnership before preaching via several essay long posts about how awful it is that there’s a flight involved
    Zing!!! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    as of now, other than having a fit Bolger is there any upgrade for `Sligo? No Kenny.

don’t see them as top 5 meself and 12/1 short for me. Would put them maybe 50s
    Doesn't seem to be much expectation about Sligo this season, maybe it was more about the standard last year, they took virtually all of the summer off, still finished 3rd?

Even though it was never going to happen, Dundalk at one point had 'a chance' of finishing 4th, but 6th was a fair reflection on the season, we were in 8th for 3 weeks I think, possibly 9th also for 2 weeks.

Sligo lads, who is your hope for scoring goals then with Kenny gone, surely the club will spend to replace given you are in europe?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Johnny Kenny confirmed to Celtic on a 5 year deal..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Johnny Kenny confirmed to Celtic on a 5 year deal..
    Good move for the lad pity Sligo didn’t see more out of the deal.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,234 Posts
    A 5-year deal is great for him. I know he had a good year at Sligo, but that's a great deal he's got for himself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Doesn't seem to be much expectation about Sligo this season, maybe it was more about the standard last year, they took virtually all of the summer off, still finished 3rd?

Even though it was never going to happen, Dundalk at one point had 'a chance' of finishing 4th, but 6th was a fair reflection on the season, we were in 8th for 3 weeks I think, possibly 9th also for 2 weeks.

Sligo lads, who is your hope for scoring goals then with Kenny gone, surely the club will spend to replace given you are in europe?
    No hope at the moment but there has to be people brought in up front as Kenny, Romeo, Wright, DeVries and Walter are all gone

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    If he progresses it’ll be a decent deal for us with add ons but a big IF I suppose

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Not so sure its a good move.
    Doubt he'll get into the first team much this season? No reserves league in Scotland which means he will be in the youth teams. Would develop his game more with another season or two of senior football in LOI
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast