Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/league-...wettbewerb/GB3

We get well more than the average by the looks of it.......the average being "free transfer" or about 3k if you want the average from what was actually spent. MK Dons have spent more than others and all on LoI players.

Not sure if that site is completely accurate mind you.
    Actually read a really interesting article about the player values on transfermartket. It's just a team of volunteers, they had to come out and tell clubs not to use their figures in transfer negotiations. Mad stuff.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Would the club let him go for €200,000 when there is a real chance now of group stage football after today’s draw. Obviously you are stronger with him than without him.
    200 seems low but if it was increased a bit more and the add ons and a sell on clause were decent it might make sense.
    If he does well at Blackpool and scores goals at that level he will for sure be sold on for a lot more than 200k

If we won this round we would be guaranteed group stages so on the one hand you could let him go but on the other we are only 8 points clear and if we are in group stages we will have 11 more midweeks to deal with this season.
    Winning the league is still the number 1 objective for me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Actually read a really interesting article about the player values on transfermartket. It's just a team of volunteers, they had to come out and tell clubs not to use their figures in transfer negotiations. Mad stuff.
    Did Burton mention anything about fees while you had him? I don't remember him doing so. Found another site showing every league 1 clubs record transfer going back to the 90s and a fair few are under the 200k mark. Even the more recent ones aren't huge. It's click bait central though so I won't share it here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    We've been saying the same thing about Roy O'Donovan since 2015.
    Yeah but under Caulfield he'd have been coping with ongoing neck injuries, so can understand his stance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Wonder whether Hearts will bemoan a McEneff shaped hole in their side? A player that should be tracked by LoI clubs as with his ability Oz wont be a long term and content destination.
    wasnt played in his strongest position according to fans. why wont oz be a content destination? lifestyle over the is a massive draw.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    834 Posts
    Did Burton mention anything about fees while you had him? I don't remember him doing so. Found another site showing every league 1 clubs record transfer going back to the 90s and a fair few are under the 200k mark. Even the more recent ones aren't huge. It's click bait central though so I won't share it here.
    I'd have to listen back but I think he pointed towards the usual sticking points for clubs here ie not being able to offer longer contracts, even the club's that are players don't want to sign them without release clauses now etc

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I think all the clubs here are going to have to come together and forcibly get rid of release clause stuff. It might be rough going for a while with players just running down their contracts instead but a precedent has to be set that they're not an option here.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Was it not only Mandroiu of the recent transfers who had one? Is it that big of an issue? Happens all over the world and we need to be able to offer players attractive packages. Sometimes that will mean release clauses. I would agree that those clauses should be closer to market value for the club and players benefit after seeing 30k for Danny being laughed at by a Bundesliga club to his own detriment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Was it not only Mandroiu of the recent transfers who had one? Is it that big of an issue? Happens all over the world and we need to be able to offer players attractive packages. Sometimes that will mean release clauses. I would agree that those clauses should be closer to market value for the club and players benefit after seeing 30k for Danny being laughed at by a Bundesliga club to his own detriment.
    Devoy had one as well. There was a lot of them involved in moves during the winter window too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Promise off to Fleetwood looks done. Another release clause deal apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Promise off to Fleetwood looks done. Another release clause deal apparently.
    any idea how much, Fleetwood cant be a big opportunity for Promise you would think

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    we're now basically a feeder league for League One in England

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    any idea how much, Fleetwood cant be a big opportunity for Promise you would think
    five figure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Adam O’Reillys loan from Preston has been extended until the end of the season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Adam O’Reillys loan from Preston has been extended until the end of the season.
    Great news

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    any idea on a fee for kerrigan?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Devoy had one as well. There was a lot of them involved in moves during the winter window too.
    A release clause of 140k? That's not bad really unless he was on a long term deal. When announced it was just for 2022 I thought? You'd know better but hasn't he struggled a bit this year? Could be wrong on both counts.

So Devoy, McGinty and Mandroiu had clauses from this window maybe? Sligo fans?

Did any of them have long term deals? I think that's our main problem to be honest. Until clubs offer players the security of multi year deals they are going to want release clauses so they can go get them elsewhere, particularly with our season lining up as it does with the English window. Although I suppose you could argue that there should absolutely not be any release clauses in shorter term deals. Again though the short term deal dictates the market value and 140k for Devoy isn't bad if he was able to leave in a free in 6 months. So as long as the clause is close to market value I don't have an issue. Promise is worth more than a five figure sum though. Again you'd know better but he has seemed far more dangerous than Devoy this season from what I've seen. Mandroius clause was a joke all the same. Nowhere close to his market value even with an expiring contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    I like that we've signed O'Reilly up for the rest of the season but I think I must be the only Pats fan that isn't completely convinced by him. He brings incredible energy to midfield that I'm not sure any midfielder in the league can match but his quality on the ball is inconsistent at best and semi-often causes problems, even beyond the obvious recent one against Dundalk. Great player to have in the squad but I don't think he has the quality you'd want from a midfielder in a team with the expectations we have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    A release clause of 140k? That's not bad really unless he was on a long term deal. When announced it was just for 2022 I thought? You'd know better but hasn't he struggled a bit this year? Could be wrong on both counts.

So Devoy, McGinty and Mandroiu had clauses from this window maybe? Sligo fans?

Did any of them have long term deals? I think that's our main problem to be honest. Until clubs offer players the security of multi year deals they are going to want release clauses so they can go get them elsewhere, particularly with our season lining up as it does with the English window. Although I suppose you could argue that there should absolutely not be any release clauses in shorter term deals. Again though the short term deal dictates the market value and 140k for Devoy isn't bad if he was able to leave in a free in 6 months. So as long as the clause is close to market value I don't have an issue. Promise is worth more than a five figure sum though. Again you'd know better but he has seemed far more dangerous than Devoy this season from what I've seen. Mandroius clause was a joke all the same. Nowhere close to his market value even with an expiring contract.
    McGinty is out of contract in November and is 23 next month so would have gotten nothing for him. Contract signed 2 years ago. No release clause that I’ve heard of.

Johnny Kenny signed a new contract in November with a release clause and was gone in January when the fee was met

John Mahon signed one in December and same issue

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    McGinty is out of contract in November and is 23 next month so would have gotten nothing for him. Contract signed 2 years ago. No release clause that I’ve heard of.

Johnny Kenny signed a new contract in November with a release clause and was gone in January when the fee was met

John Mahon signed one in December and same issue
    Kenny went for 150k? Were you unhappy with that? Or was it worth getting him on a pro deal and getting his goals plus the 150k versus losing him on a free earlier or later?

I wonder what the release clauses do for add ons. Do they remove our ability to include sell on fees and appearance fees or are those things baked in to any offer? You'd hope so.