Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 72 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    i dont think odumosu is all that great tbh, wasnt all that impressed with him last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    i dont think odumosu is all that great tbh, wasnt all that impressed with him last season.
    Same as myself. Young and time to improve, but far from what the likes of Pats needed.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    He's a big unit which probably explains some of the interest in him but I'd put him down as competant rather then very good which again probably explains why he hasn't moved away. As you say though he is young and has loads of time to improve. He might be an improvement on what pats have though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Agree on Odumosu but think it's a smart signing if it happens, which it seems it will. As back-up keepers go I'm not sure there's better in the league so at the very least he'll be a competent pair of hands should Anang not work out.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    He showed enough potential and ability for people wanting him back at Oriel prior to the whole Abibi affair and he definitely was considered for resigning for Dundalk mid season. Instead we took a chance on lad in from England who got injured after 1 game. Cherrie really upped his game and saw out the season solidly though. The original plan was to have a Talbot or Murphy sign with Cheerie/Odumosu as back up but that got vetoed. He could be a very good LoI keeper with additional proper coaching and game time. Too much longer bench warming and he will become the journeyman reserve keeper type occasionally getting the No 1 slot at 1st Div clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Highly rated Irish youth international Kevin Joshua has signed on loan for Waterford from West Brom. As recent as December he was linked with some big premier league clubs in England. Interesting signing, looks like he’ll cover the injured Cantwell whom could potentially miss the first couple months of the season.

Opposition fans will still be crying from the rooftops Bircham ‘refusing’ to play the owners son was the reason he was sacked 🙃. Weird that the owner would grant the finance to sign players in the position plays if he wanted his son in the team 😂😂😂🙈... Seems to be the only reason why people think we’ll be sh*t this year 🤷🏼*♂️🤷🏼*♂️

People can say a lot about Forrest but Power was flogging a dead dog last year when Forrest took over. Forrest has given the club a chance again, the fact half our team our local is a big plus, and for the first time in a long time we’ve managed to hold onto most of our better young players. And for the first time in a long term we’ve managed to keep majority of our squad and better players from last year. A lot to be hopeful for. But it’s the fu**king hope that kills ya.

Although we’re never far aware from trouble as the past 20 years have shown. Anytime we’ve gotten our hope up our hearts are always ripped out. Despite the sh**t over the years it builds the love for the club even stronger.

From a personal point of view, I just want us to have a good season and to avoid any sh**tshows.
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 20/02/2022 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I always thought having a lad like Bircham involved was always going to end in tears.

Not saying it was his fault, but I got the feeling there was always going to be off the filed drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    I always thought having a lad like Bircham involved was always going to end in tears.

Not saying it was his fault, but I got the feeling there was always going to be off the filed drama.
    Don’t get me wrong I think that was handled badly and I was gutted at the time. And there was obviously a lot more to it. Bircham to my knowledge hasn’t spoken about why he received a club suspension prior to his sacking. But Bircham went and paraded himself around the UK with self praise and blaming the sacking on the owners son all in order to get a club over the water. I find it interesting Bircham didn’t go into any other details when there was quite clearly an issue between Bircham and the academy director other then pinning the blame on the owners son.

For all the good that Bircham done he had plenty of faults which people have overlooked because of how poor we were before he came in. The team under his guidance had the chances to avoid the play offs prior to the sacking and ultimately the club went into the play off on a bad run and got relegated. Bircham himself supposedly said he’d have set the team up the same way Hendon etc. set the team up for the play offs. For some reason people seem to think Bircham’s presence alone on the sidelines would have given us instant survival.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    John Ryan a late addition to this list - has signed for UCD from Rovers, and made his debut last night against Harps. (Bit of an emergency situation as both our full-backs went off injured last week...)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    John Ryan a late addition to this list - has signed for UCD from Rovers, and made his debut last night against Harps. (Bit of an emergency situation as both our full-backs went off injured last week...)
    How did he do Stu? I've heard good things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Did ok in what wasn't a great game. Harps' attack was very poor - they created chances but were wasteful with them - so though we kept a clean sheet, the defence was still a bit shaky.

But obviously he's only had one training session and was thrown in due to injuries, so in that regard he did ok.

Dylan Duffy the pick of the new signings so far

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Did ok in what wasn't a great game. Harps' attack was very poor - they created chances but were wasteful with them - so though we kept a clean sheet, the defence was still a bit shaky.

But obviously he's only had one training session and was thrown in due to injuries, so in that regard he did ok.

Ta. Great to hear that about Duffy. It was also good seeing Brennan play in Tallaght. I liked him when he was with our B team. How's he been doing for you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    He's a livewire on the wing. Nutsed his man a couple of times and has confidence to try tricks to get space.

Obviously we haven't scored yet so his impact is limited where it counts. But early days yet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Are Osam and Gallagher out for long?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Dunno. Both came off injured in Tallaght. Osam came off at half-time so didn't see what happened, but he's injury-prone unfortunately and may have tweaked something again.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    A chip off the old block.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    We can relaunch the old UCD fanzine under the new name of "Osam is Doubtful"

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    In fact, he's back tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/m...rns-new-deal-/

James Brown extends his deal at Blackburn just 2 months into the original one,a good sign for him hopefully…
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    I would bet my mortgage and life savings that Ollie is definitely one of the managers mentioned scouring this FIFPRO free agent list right now

Good idea though on all levels

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-41425088.html
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 72 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast