Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Perth surely a decent shout to replace Clancy at Drogheda?
    If for arguments sake Clancy took the Pats job (I would see why it might entice him away) I’d like to see Andy Myler come to us Drogs legends and I really liked his style of play with UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    O’Donnell to Dundalk imminent according to Neil O’Riordan,massive buzz kill for Pats fans that I’d say….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Vinny Perth has left Dundalk.

If Longford could afford him would be a bit of a coup for them.
    I dont think VP would come back to us after his caretaker spell in 08 majority of us thought he was in the running to be town mgr and yet Gareth Cronin beat him to the punch. I dont think VP forgives ppl that easily!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    If for arguments sake Clancy took the Pats job (I would see why it might entice him away) I’d like to see Andy Myler come to us Drogs legends and I really liked his style of play with UCD.
    I'm hoping the fact Andy works in UCD will mean he's the last person we need to worry about this pre-season!

He's s UCD legend too don't forget.

Though Collie O'Neill is back coaching in UCD. There'd be an unexpected comeback if it happened!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    If SOD goes to Dundalk then I can't see Clancy not going to Pats. I'd imagine it would then be between Kev Doherty, Andy Myler and Collie O Neill. Would leave Drogheda in a terrible position of having no manager or players signed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    O’Donnell to Dundalk imminent according to Neil O’Riordan,massive buzz kill for Pats fans that I’d say….
    Excellent news as it messes up Pats - and SOD will be under huge pressure to deliver , but fair play to him him backing himself and no doubt he managed to negotiate a decent contract
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 30/11/2021 at 9:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Pats better get their skates on or he’ll be bringing a few players with him!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Gathering huge pace now online. He should have showed more loyalty to our chairman who took a big punt on him at the time of his appointment if it turns out to be true. We will move on and start again, with Europe next year we have a chance of a decent season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    He’ll take a few with him too I would think. Winning the cup Sunday. Manager gone on a Tuesday. What a league!

10. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Get O Brien to take over at Pats ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    *Ger !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onapointoforder View Post
    Get O Brien to take over at Pats ?
    Wouldn’t expect that , couple of sidewinder predictions doing the rounds. That’s GOB I’ve heard on top of Sean O’Connor & Trevor Crolly. As a bloke GOB would be the only one I’d have time for but that aside I’d like another candidate to take the job.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Im hearing that O'Donnell signed a new 2 year contract at Pats in September just gone but wants out to Dundalk. Basically tying pats hands behind their backs as no club would want to keep a manager that doesn’t want to be there/is that snakey
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Im hearing that O'Donnell signed a new 2 year contract at Pats in September just gone but wants out to Dundalk. Basically tying pats hands behind their backs as no club would want to keep a manager that doesn’t want to be there/is that snakey
    I find that hard to believe, not saying it isnt true, but it rings very unlikely to me. One, official sources are not hinting at it, and two why wouldnt have Pats announced it long ago? Why wait, and let this situation happen. Like surly it would make a lot of other things a lot simpler for Pats like signing players and creating momentum and stability, or at least ward off other teams. There would be near no benefits to anyone at the time not to make an official announcement of a new contract to SOD. From the reporting, it suggests that O'Donnell was only offered a contract recently.

You can say about loyalty, but SOD could rightfully feel like he earned a longer deal than two years at Pats, and why was the contract being offered so late, when really it was clear from late spring that he was doing a good job with a young team. He isnt the only person Pats have let the contracts wound down. He might feel a lot more secure at Dundalk , than a team that waited last minute to offer a contract.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    I find that hard to believe, not saying it isnt true, but it rings very unlikely to me. One, official sources are not hinting at it, and two why wouldnt have Pats announced it long ago? Why wait, and let this situation happen. Like surly it would make a lot of other things a lot simpler for Pats like signing players and creating momentum and stability, or at least ward off other teams. There would be near no benefits to anyone at the time not to make an official announcement of a new contract to SOD. From the reporting, it suggests that O'Donnell was only offered a contract recently.

You can say about loyalty, but SOD could rightfully feel like he earned a longer deal than two years at Pats, and why was the contract being offered so late, when really it was clear from late spring that he was doing a good job with a young team. He isnt the only person Pats have let the contracts wound down. He might feel a lot more secure at Dundalk , than a team that waited last minute to offer a contract.
    I get your point about not announcing the new deal in September but when Liam Buckley was in charge his contract details were never announced at all during his 7 years at the club.

You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to but it’s coming from a very good source within the club. If he felt he earned a longer contract than 2 years then he probably shouldn’t have signed it 2 months ago and showed the decency to honour that contract with a club that took a chance on him with no managerial experience and stuck by him late last year when many pats fans wanted him sacked during the 6 games we went without even scoring a goal and finishing 2 points above relegated shels while scoring just 14 goals all season
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    O'Donnell was questioned by the Mirror last week whether him and Pats were close to a new deal and he said "Yeah. I am, you could safely say yeah"

If he had signed a new contract in September as is being claimed by your Pats source why wouldn't O'Donnell have confirmed in that interview that he had already signed a new deal instead strongly implying that he was in contract negotiations? Why wouldn't have Pats have announced it in September? Why have all of the Irish media repeatedly stated this week that O'Donnell was out of contract after the cup final?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...longs-25532901
    Last edited by total hoofball; 01/12/2021 at 9:25 AM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Dan McDonnell's report yesterday suggested it's not entirely clear cut. He said something like SOD "does not have a long term contract however some negotiations between the clubs will still be required". Which is odd if he's entirely finished his contract.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    If O’Donnell did sign a contract in September then at any point from then until now Pats could’ve announced it. Even if they didn’t want to publicly announce it they could’ve leaked it to a journo and the information would be in the public domain.
    It strikes me as very odd that all of a sudden when O’Donnell appears to be leaving that this info is now being leaked to some fans. A cynic would think that Pats are trying a bit of damage limitation to paint O’Donnell in a bad light to take the focus off them not having him or a lot of players signed up.
    I’ll caveat the above by saying I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a contract signed but now wants to leave. That’s the nature of football.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'm hoping the fact Andy works in UCD will mean he's the last person we need to worry about this pre-season!

He's s UCD legend too don't forget.

Though Collie O'Neill is back coaching in UCD. There'd be an unexpected comeback if it happened!
    Make it happen!

Am going to wear the wrestling mask either way so having some sort of tenuous excuse is kind of helpful.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Actually, Collie's been in the stands at the last couple of home games.

That sounds far more interesting - a Collie v Mr A rumble in the stands

Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast