Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Ryan Brennan the latest player to announce he’s been turfed out of Shels by Duff. Would be a good signing for Drogheda next season IMO
    I'm surprised by that would have expected him to be kept on at Shels and to be offered more than what Drogheda could offer. Can't see him ending up anywhere else now really. Duff must be looking at bringing in some big talent if he's not required, sounded like he was their best player last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    He has been around so long I was surprised that he was only 30. He is a player that if interested he could be regularly the best on the pitch but if disinterested just didnt give a damn, a sulker if played out of his favoured position. He seemed to be more often disinterested. Maybe he did have a good season with Shels but is he reliable, and always up for a game these days? A character that could be disruptive in a dressing room. There is a sense that Duff is going for a clean slate as much as possible. Possibly a good signing for Drogheda if it happens if it doesnt disrupt the close unit Clancy has built. That said I felt that signing Shels castoffs that were relegated like Deegan was poor thinking and Deegan turned out to be an important signing although he did have history with clancy that might have helped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    He has been around so long I was surprised that he was only 30. He is a player that if interested he could be regularly the best on the pitch but if disinterested just didnt give a damn, a sulker if played out of his favoured position. He seemed to be more often disinterested. Maybe he did have a good season with Shels but is he reliable, and always up for a game these days? A character that could be disruptive in a dressing room. There is a sense that Duff is going for a clean slate as much as possible. Possibly a good signing for Drogheda if it happens if it doesnt disrupt the close unit Clancy has built. That said I felt that signing Shels castoffs that were relegated like Deegan was poor thinking and Deegan turned out to be an important signing although he did have history with clancy that might have helped.

Could be a good squad player at Dundalk if the moneys tight…..,
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Celtic set to sign Danny Mandroiu according to the Sun, apparently we're looking at him since the summer but decided to wait and see his development

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidcon View Post
    Celtic set to sign Danny Mandroiu according to the Sun, apparently we're looking at him since the summer but decided to wait and see his development
    He has turned into a better player than I personally expected at Rovers (was expecting something like a Mark Quigley at Rovers), but just like Scales, I really don't see that high of a ceiling that Celtic would need.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Sean Brennan is on Clancy’s coaching team so first line of contact into Ryan I’d be happy to see him coming to us - sure if he gets uppity then Sean can have a brotherly chat.
    Drogheda United in this together

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    I'm surprised by that would have expected him to be kept on at Shels and to be offered more than what Drogheda could offer. Can't see him ending up anywhere else now really. Duff must be looking at bringing in some big talent if he's not required, sounded like he was their best player last year.
    I don't think Shels seem to accommodating anything but day-time training which has resulted in Brennan leaving and likely more of our starting XI which is a huge gamble for a team just promoted unless there is serious quality coming in.

Brennan has been our best player for the past 3 seasons at the peak of his career I would be surprised if he didn't end up back at Drogheda
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I don't think Shels seem to accommodating anything but day-time training which has resulted in Brennan leaving and likely more of our starting XI which is a huge gamble for a team just promoted unless there is serious quality coming in.

Brennan has been our best player for the past 3 seasons at the peak of his career I would be surprised if he didn't end up back at Drogheda

Is Brennan at this stage more suited for a good top of first division side where he can get on the end of things, than a bottom half Prem Div side where you will be playing further away from goal & need to work without the ball more?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Is Brennan at this stage more suited for a good top of first division side where he can get on the end of things, than a bottom half Prem Div side where you will be playing further away from goal & need to work without the ball more?
    You could say after a 15 goal season in the First Division sweeping in behind the striker that he would be more impactful for a team at the top of the First Division but in our relegation season in 2020 in an awful footballing team he was also mostly very good playing deeper in midfield and came up with crucial goals

Drogheda would be the obvious destination on his doorstep and Clancy's football would be a good fit though I'd expect Harps and any first division teams who have a budget to try sign him
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Any reliable talk as to what Dundalk are doing manager wise? Heard a whisper tonight that seems unlikely.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Any reliable talk as to what Dundalk are doing manager wise? Heard a whisper tonight that seems unlikely.
    Listened to a bit of James Rodgers on Between the stripes and it won’t be Vinny Perth from what he was saying…..

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah that's partly what I've heard. The other part that was more surprising was that I heard he could be coming back here. We'll see if there's any truth in it.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Jack Byrne return to Shamrock Rovers confirmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Yeah that's partly what I've heard. The other part that was more surprising was that I heard he could be coming back here. We'll see if there's any truth in it.
    I think that would be a good move for Perth, even for himself just to get out of Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Adam Foley left Harps and Drogheda the destination for him apparently…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Will Patching back at Derry

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Dinny has officially left Drogheda. Probably the first of many to leave but I hope I'm wrong. I still think he can do a job in the premier, he got a handful of goals this season with very few minutes.

With no source whatsoever other than their proximity to Drogheda and depending on our outgoings I think we will look at signing Ryan Brennan, Adam Foley and Keith Ward. If Odumosu goes I reckon he could be replaced with Steacy who was decent for Longford by all accounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Serious ambitions coming from Derry. Goalkeeper Maher now signed as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Alot of interest in Drogheda’s squad across the water it seems …

https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-41088367.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Alot of interest in Drogheda’s squad across the water it seems …

https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-41088367.html
    Even if the moves across the water don’t materialise it looks very unlikely they’ll be at Drogheda next year given the interest in them within the league. They’ll be very difficult for Drogheda to replace next year with the small budget they have to work off
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast