Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Drogs signed dean Williams from Shamrock Rovers - views? He was also on loan to bray and Longford.
    Drogheda United in this together

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Excellent signing for Drogheda. Looked very sharp for us, scored 6 or 7 goals in half a season I think.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Drogs signed dean Williams from Shamrock Rovers - views? He was also on loan to bray and Longford.
    Supposed to be a real talent, surprised we got him permanently although it probably meant Kane's fee was spent on him. Three very solid forward options in himself, Lyons and Foley. We're in dire need of some defenders at this stage and looks like all will need to be newcomers. Who that leaves available I'm not sure ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    Supposed to be a real talent, surprised we got him permanently although it probably meant Kane's fee was spent on him. Three very solid forward options in himself, Lyons and Foley. We're in dire need of some defenders at this stage and looks like all will need to be newcomers. Who that leaves available I'm not sure ?
    Yep forwards look exciting and with Markey feeding them it looks promising. I fully agree on back line, I was hoping we might retain some of the lads but as time goes on it’s looking more and more unlikely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Williams is a great signing for drogs. He needs someone up alongside him as he is a bit small on his own and bradser normally plays with 1 up top. Think he will do well for u

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    For a man who only played for us since end of August Dean Wiliams was our top scorer with seven. I was quite impressed with him. Think he will do well for Drogs. Not a surprise that DD recommended him to Drogheda. He scored a cracker in his last home appearance v Waterford!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    For a man who only played for us since end of August Dean Wiliams was our top scorer with seven. I was quite impressed with him. Think he will do well for Drogs. Not a surprise that DD recommended him to Drogheda. He scored a cracker in his last home appearance v Waterford!
    Thx guys , great to get some feedback on him - I just found a few YouTube videos of some of his goals - looks a real striker - good free kick too.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Dean Williams is a good prospect up front. He’s developed a nack of scoring against Pats. Played against us for Bray in the cup in 2019 and scored, then when he went to Longford in the summer scored in both Inchicore and Longford against Pats
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Pat Hoban signing back at Dundalk, big signing for them….
    That's confirmed as a 3 year deal now, and if ever one immediate (of many) positives of p6 leaving springs to mind......
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    That's confirmed as a 3 year deal now, and if ever one immediate (of many) positives of p6 leaving springs to mind......
    Just imagine keeping Duffy, Patching and Cleary if they were offered multi year contract extensions early on. Down side to that would have been Abib, Zahibo and Han on multi year contracts and maybe stuck with them - if new owners had had to buy even just Zahibo out of his contract it could have been a harder sale.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Hibs keen not just on Sligo's Johnny Kenny, but also Darragh Burns, now managed at Pat's by a former Hibs player. (Edinburgh Evening News, 17 Dec).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Unless crazy money is on offer Pats won’t be selling Burns.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    What do Pats make of him supposedly being a guest of Hibs for their game? Seems like bad form if he's not allowed to talk to them.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    What do Pats make of him supposedly being a guest of Hibs for their game? Seems like bad form if he's not allowed to talk to them.
    Sounds like tapping up to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    I find it a bit weird, not even with my Pats hat on the kind of open schmoozing of players before the team has even made a bid for them or anything like that. Suppose it's just the nature of our league being as small as it is that it's just accepted. Could be a slippery slope if he ends up having his mind made up that he wants the move and then Pats don't play ball with Hibs, but Darragh is a great lad in fairness. Given the circumstances of how much of a rebuild is already on, unless it's a hefty fee I'd sooner just hang onto him for the season, he's a cracking player and constantly improving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I find it a bit weird, not even with my Pats hat on the kind of open schmoozing of players before the team has even made a bid for them or anything like that. Suppose it's just the nature of our league being as small as it is that it's just accepted. Could be a slippery slope if he ends up having his mind made up that he wants the move and then Pats don't play ball with Hibs, but Darragh is a great lad in fairness. Given the circumstances of how much of a rebuild is already on, unless it's a hefty fee I'd sooner just hang onto him for the season, he's a cracking player and constantly improving.

The biggest thing for me in both him and Johnny Kennys move is Hibs don’t have a manager,a manager can come in and not fancy them and they’re on the loan move circuit ,which many a promising young Irish player has been lost too….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Unless crazy money is on offer Pats won’t be selling Burns.
    Good to see the old confidence back pd!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Given Darraghs age it could well benefit him staying at Pats for another year, rather than going over to Hibs and maybe not making the team on a regular basis. Another year like this one at Pats and he might get better offers anyway. He has no need to rush into anything. (But then, I would say that wouldn’t I ?)
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Given Darraghs age it could well benefit him staying at Pats for another year, rather than going over to Hibs and maybe not making the team on a regular basis. Another year like this one at Pats and he might get better offers anyway. He has no need to rush into anything. (But then, I would say that wouldn’t I ?)
    He is in the process of declaring for Ireland instead of the North so best not to make too many changes at once. He is a excellent prospect but one good season doesn’t make a career. I hope he sticks around.

Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast