Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    The unnamed member of Dundalk's coaching staff is in tears at this news.
    NOBODY and i mean NOBODY at Dundalk ever expected Bermo or GIF( ) to follow SOD to OP. Shurr Bermos playing with the DSP anyway isn't he

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    NOBODY and i mean NOBODY at Dundalk ever expected Bermo or GIF( ) to follow SOD to OP. Shurr Bermos playing with the DSP anyway isn't he
    Sure they didn't pal. Sure they didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    SOD first interview online now from DFC, spoke very positively.

Wonder will any current out of contract Pats players follow him, I would imagine some might, but either way should be news next week on new contracts and new recruits to the club.

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status...798043149?s=20
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    SOD first interview online now from DFC, spoke very positively.
    Every new manager's first interview at every new club drips with positivity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Thats true, but he also recognised its going to be a re-set / re-boot needed, and that's fair.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Every new manager's first interview at every new club drips with positivity.
    Any footage of Ollie's 1st interview?

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    None of us here know the full facts obviously. However, I’ll just say this, it’s a bit strange to resign from a job which you’re not under contract to !
    I thought Pats fans confirmed to the twitter and foot.ie universe based on information leaked out from their board on the same night O'Donnell told them he was going that O'Donnell had willing signed a new contract in September and decided he wanted to opt out after the cup final and that he was now a snake?
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I thought Pats fans confirmed to the twitter and foot.ie universe based on information leaked out from their board on the same night O'Donnell told them he was going that O'Donnell had willing signed a new contract in September and decided he wanted to opt out after the cup final and that he was now a snake?
    Never heard that once. In this day and age anyone can go online and say they heard it from someone who knows someone who walks their dogs with someone on the board. I’ve heard nothing anyway semi official the whole episode is being kept very tight. That’s why I reckon it’s defo gone the legal road.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Do you seriously not think its time to move on, Pats have a new manager, Dundalk have a new manager, its old news now.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Come on oriel, you posted about the new Dundalk manager less than 24 hours ago. I get that Dundalk might prefer for everyone to pretend it was a normal, nothing-to-see-here move but it's not quite old news just yet.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Do you seriously not think its time to move on, Pats have a new manager, Dundalk have a new manager, its old news now.
    What’s the big issue discussing the current goings on in the league on a LOI forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    The problem Dundalk have is that unlike most clubs who don't want to go legal as they cant afford the bills Kelleher is a man with both money and a strong set of Principles.
    If he think s he is right he will pursue it, he doesn't need the money.
    I've no idea if he's right or wrong re the contract for SOD but unlike in most situations like this in the LOI it wont go away due to people not having the resources to play the game out to the end.

I suspect this will run and run but its irrelevant now from a footballing perspective.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 13/12/2021 at 11:58 AM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    The other problem for Dundalk I guess is that a couple of weeks ago, Dundalk fans were pointing out that Pat's, Bohs and Dundalk all had the same number of players under contract (ie one). Since then, Bohs have tied up 11 contracts, Pat's have presumably sorted a few (though is Bermingham the only one they've announced?) while Dundalk look to have lost two more to Derry. So while there's still plenty of players out there, they seem to already be falling behind the clubs you'd imagine would be their main Euro rivals for next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Oh there is absolutely no doubt Dundalk are way behind on player movement, both trying to retain and recruit, but hopefully we will see some news on this later this week.

My point was more on the posts on SOD leaving / left Pats, if there is still bitterness on that, they need to get over themselves, SK left DFC to join Ireland u21, Higgins left DFC to join him later, then left FAI to join Derry, it happens all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The problem Dundalk have is that unlike most clubs who don't want to go legal as they cant afford the bills Kelleher is a man with both money and a strong set of Principles.
    If he think s he is right he will pursue it, he doesn't need the money.
    I've no idea if he's right or wrong re the contract for SOD but unlike in most situations like this in the LOI it wont go away due to people not having the resources to play the game out to the end.

I suspect this will run and run but its irrelevant now from a footballing perspective.
    Yeah he won’t let this one just go I’m afraid. He appointed a a person with a legal background to the board last year. It’s safe to assume he feels aggrieved after giving SOD his first job in coaching. The courts may ultimately decide the issue in the long run and in meantime we can entertain ourselves by making wild unfounded assertions on the subject. I wouldn’t have much animosity towards Dundalk on the issue even if they could be accused of playing a tad dirty. Every club will do the best for themselves to the detriment of their rivals. If SOD doesn’t want to be Pats manager then he isn’t wanted. I do think that if a contract was in place then it should mean something. Time will tell.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 13/12/2021 at 12:42 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I don’t think any Pats fan (and probably not even Garrett Kelleher) would have had a real issue if Dundalk had done their business openly in the accepted way between football clubs - asking permission to speak to SOD and negotiating an agreement to release him from his contract. The bone of contention is that Pats appear to believe they have evidence that he was in discussion with Dundalk well before the cup final and the delay in re-signing players has to be seen in that context. If they do have such evidence (and I have no idea whether they do) it will destroy his reputation in court and will be very damaging for the new owners of Dundalk who presumably have to be mindful of their own reputation as their business is based on selling services to sports clubs. As others have said, if Kelleher believes he is right he has the resources and willpower to go to the bitter end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Georgie Kelly won’t be back at Bohs anyway,England or Scotland is his destination apparently….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    I don’t think any Pats fan (and probably not even Garrett Kelleher) would have had a real issue if Dundalk had done their business openly in the accepted way between football clubs - asking permission to speak to SOD and negotiating an agreement to release him from his contract. The bone of contention is that Pats appear to believe they have evidence that he was in discussion with Dundalk well before the cup final and the delay in re-signing players has to be seen in that context. If they do have such evidence (and I have no idea whether they do) it will destroy his reputation in court and will be very damaging for the new owners of Dundalk who presumably have to be mindful of their own reputation as their business is based on selling services to sports clubs. As others have said, if Kelleher believes he is right he has the resources and willpower to go to the bitter end.
    There's a real change in tone from Pats fans, from being absolutely adamant on the facts to a more tempered 'if'. So are people protecting their legal case and toning down the noise or is there a drop in confidence that their case is concrete. There's no doubting Kelleher's will, he has bankrolled losses for his club for years, but will does not create a cast iron case. I doubt DFC will enter in to a court battle unless they too feel they have a good case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Georgie Kelly won’t be back at Bohs anyway,England or Scotland is his destination apparently….
    Derry plan B - sign a Dundalk player.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Hahaha.

Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast