Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    If Waterford and Galway are going to be full time, Cork will still have a big battle to get promoted... Some big games in the first next year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Been a bit of a mystery week as a Blues fan. Thankfully the locally paper shed some light on things. https://waterford-news.ie/2021/12/02...promised-land/
    Any word on who those players signed for next season are? I’d imagine Phoneix Patterson and Junior Quitirna would have no shortage of Premier Division offers if they decide not to back to England
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Any word on who those players signed for next season are? I’d imagine Phoneix Patterson and Junior Quitirna would have no shortage of Premier Division offers if they decide not to back to England
    There was talk both signed new deals for two years in the summer but one would assume there were clauses related to relegation. There’s talk Eddie Nolan signed an 18 month deal in the summer which if true is a huge starting point. Local lad with a lot of experience which is exactly what we need really at the back. I’d love to see Murphy give it another season on goal, he was still top class this year. But Paul Martin looked like his got bags of potential earlier in the season when Sheedy and Newell refused to play Murphy. Wouldn’t be opposed to Martin being number one next year either.

From the off Paul and John Martin, Shane Griffin, Niall OKeffe and Darragh Power for me have to be priorities to be signed up. All good enough to be in the starting team and gives us a good core and all came up from the academy. Wouldn’t be surprised if other clubs were looking at them though. Hopefully they’ve already been signed up. It was fantastic to see young OKeffe as the clubs captain this year, great young lad and it feels all the better he took the step up from the academy side.

It’s good to hear we’re staying full time, you’d imagine we’ll have a competitive budget too. Can’t imagine he’d retain the full time status and throw money at it for us to sign a bucket load of journeymen from sh*t.

Whoever the new manager is I’m hoping Franny Rockett is brought back into the fold. Fantastic young local coach whom should have ever been left leave the club.

The club need to remove two senior employees is the club wants to move forward and have a positive future. Otherwise we’ll have another sh*tshow episode at some stage.
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 03/12/2021 at 9:20 AM.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Can’t imagine he’d retain the full time status and throw money at it for us to sign a bucket load of journeymen from sh*t.
    Yeah not a bucketload of them, just Forrest's sons and relatives only
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    If Waterford and Galway are going to be full time, Cork will still have a big battle to get promoted... Some big games in the first next year.
    Not sure what sort of impact they had last year, but Cork announced two departures yesterday (Morrisey and Beattie). You’d have to imagine with such a young and inexperienced squad down in Cork that it’ll big loss losing their experience. Assume McNulty may call it a day too with between his age and Cork signing a new keeper from Wexford.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Amazingly, Tim Clancy seemed to have a 'proper' job outside football working a night shift in Musgraves, the main food distributor in the country for SuperValue and Centra. Presumably that job will now also become vacant.
    Vinny Perth?

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Yeah not a bucketload of them, just Forrest's sons and relatives only
    I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt but I’d like to think Forrest has some level of pedigree seeing as he played football league couple years ago before suffering a bad injury. I don’t think that was too big an issue, I think Bircham made it into a big issue on talksport to big himself up. I’m gutted how the Bircham situation played out but he had his flaws too - time to move on now and build for next season. The main issue between Forrest and Bircham was the war of words between Bircham and the Academy manager (Whom many want to see replaced - by all accounts he’s a problem and has led to many top coaches leaving the clubs academy sides).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Amazingly, Tim Clancy seemed to have a 'proper' job outside football working a night shift in Musgraves, the main food distributor in the country for SuperValue and Centra. Presumably that job will now also become vacant.
    Vinny Perth?
    That’s mean . Talk about kicking a guy when he’s down. !
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    Adam Foley is involved with Glebe North as far as I know so I'm pretty sure he's local enough.
    Foley moved to Drogheda last summer. He's not involved with Glebe North anymore either. Left his role as manager there about six weeks after being appointed.

Had a very good first half of the season, few of his goals were relative tap ins, but he was really really poor second half of the season. Played a bit part role as the year went on.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Treaty have signed:

Jack Brady (along with Tadhg Ryan, if he stays, that is a very well covered position)
    Willie Armshaw
    Marc Ludden
    Jack Lynch

Good stuff so far, although there's not many on the team that other (better positioned) clubs would want to take I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Steven Beattie departing Cork City and Gearoid Morrissey retiring from LOI Football.

https://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2021/...-departs-ccfc/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Cork City squad so far for 2022:

GK - Harrington, Corcoran
    RB - Walker , Kargbo
    CB - Coleman Gilchrist Hakkinen Honohan
    LB - Hurley
    CM - Bolger, Byrne
    Wingers/Wide players - Doona, Bargary , Kennedy, Crowley
    Striker- Murphy

16 signed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheao View Post
    Cork City squad so far for 2022:

GK - Harrington, Corcoran
    RB - Walker , Kargbo
    CB - Coleman Gilchrist Hakkinen Honohan
    LB - Hurley
    CM - Bolger, Byrne
    Wingers/Wide players - Doona, Bargary , Kennedy, Crowley
    Striker- Murphy

16 signed up.
    Is it expected that there’ll be 5/6 experienced pros added to that? Or will the squad be just youngsters? I’ve no doubt there’s plenty of good young pros there but I’d imagine the two departing senior pros will be a huge loss in itself for their experience alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post

This time last year I thought full time football would guarantee united promotion....
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Shane Griffin joined Shels from Pats,start of the exodus?
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    He had two years to try and take Bermo's place in the first team and couldn't. Nice lad but it didn't work out for him and a move on was inevitable. We used 16 players in the cup final and he stayed on the bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Yeah Griffin was always off I think. Ended up looking miles off Bermo and it seems (or seemed anyway...) nailed on that we're signing Breslin so there wouldn't be any place for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Yeah Griffin was always off I think. Ended up looking miles off Bermo and it seems (or seemed anyway...) nailed on that we're signing Breslin so there wouldn't be any place for him.
    He did ok when he played. Not a loss that would have me crying into my beer though. Looks like we’re in for a major rebuild anyway. Jaros and Lewis definitely gone, and they will be bigger losses. Others like King, Smith, Benson could well follow. From what I’ve read we have Daragh Burns tied down, so unless sone UK club wants to come in and throw serious money at us, he’ll be staying, likewise Abankwah.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    He did ok when he played. Not a loss that would have me crying into my beer though. Looks like we’re in for a major rebuild anyway. Jaros and Lewis definitely gone, and they will be bigger losses. Others like King, Smith, Benson could well follow. From what I’ve read we have Daragh Burns tied down, so unless sone UK club wants to come in and throw serious money at us, he’ll be staying, likewise Abankwah.
    St Pats resorting to desperate measures to keep people at the club??

22. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    So Stephen O'Donnell has just released a statement via his incredibly ironically named agency 'Integrity Sports' that he has today informed Pats of his decision to resign as head coach. Pretty strange thing to do if he's not under contract as the Dundalk fans on here seem to believe…..
    Paaatrick's Agletic