Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The only player i can see going at the end of the year is McCann tbh hes 35 now
    Finn/Greene etc will definitly stay on i reckon
    For all the talk about our big squad we had 3 senior pros on a reduced bench on Thursday and its not a one off there were loads injured last year as well
    Bad luck? bad training? to many matches? i can see the younger players having a bigger role next year and a few incomings as well but not to many with the plan being IF we win the league we are going for groups again and need plenty of cover
    In terms of who id like to see come in...maybe do a burke and see if Danny Mandroiu wants to come back from Lincoln?
    Burt looks good at Bohs and 008 has sidelined him which makes ne think he might be on his way
    Colm Whelan i assume will be leaving UCD (is he finished his degree Stu?) as it appeared he was off except for his injury
    Trevor Clarke has fallen out with Joey Barton at Rotherham ..'I've made a mistake' - Barton dismisses Trevor Clarke's career with Bristol Rovers two months after contract renewal (msn.com) The article says more about Barton then it does about Clarke tbh
    The word on the street is Long has benched Burt because he knows he is off to Rovers at the end of the season. Has form here as did similar with Mandriou in his last season with us.

Do you think McCann will leave? Been very good this season and with his experience he could easily do another season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I dont understand why Long does that, its not personal its football, it happens and the player might even change his mind between now and the end of the season or get a better offer somewhere else (which i guess he wont if Long wont play him so he is probably making certain he goes to Rovers.
    As an example Kerrigan was reputed to be going to Rovers but got a better offer in Como.

I think MCCann will be off tbh he barely played a game up until Europe and while he has been good he wouldn't have been near the team if there weren't so many out. Also we have a couple of young lads coming through who could potentially play there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Trevor Clarke has fallen out with Joey Barton at Rotherham ..'I've made a mistake' - Barton dismisses Trevor Clarke's career with Bristol Rovers two months after contract renewal (msn.com) The article says more about Barton then it does about Clarke tbh
    Jaysus, what'd Clarke do, not offer Barton his face to stub out a cigar!!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I dont understand why Long does that, its not personal its football, it happens and the player might even change his mind between now and the end of the season or get a better offer somewhere else (which i guess he wont if Long wont play him so he is probably making certain he goes to Rovers.
    As an example Kerrigan was reputed to be going to Rovers but got a better offer in Como.

I think MCCann will be off tbh he barely played a game up until Europe and while he has been good he wouldn't have been near the team if there weren't so many out. Also we have a couple of young lads coming through who could potentially play there
    Well that explains a lot, Long is a Rovers secret agent, 008 indeed!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    I dont understand why Long does that, its not personal its football
    I totally agree. I think he did it with others too like Breslin.
    He should be playing Burt, he's the best attacker left at Bohs by a mile. Leaving him on the bench is v petty.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    The word on the street is Long has benched Burt because he knows he is off to Rovers at the end of the season. Has form here as did similar with Mandriou in his last season with us.

Do you think McCann will leave? Been very good this season and with his experience he could easily do another season?
    McCann is a lovely footballer and might be good for another season of he could stay fit but he doesn't seem to be able to. We need legs in midfield and he just doesn't have them anymore. He's been great when we've needed him most though. A bit like Joey O'Brien, he's playing through stuff and it's probably hurting him.

Do you rate Burt ger? Straight swap for Towell interest you at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Assuming Cork will get promoted I think they can useful in transfer window, not wildly even with their current crowds and what Premier Division football will bring. They would have enough financial room to add to their squad that should be safe.
    If/when we're promoted we have a really big job on our hands. I think the general consensus among City fans is that this is a good first division team but not a good team overall. There's a few players you could probably rely on in the Premier Division but very few who should be expected to start for a team in the lower mid table area. The only bankers to start next season I think are Harrington (if he doesn't leave) Gilchrist and Bolger.
    We don't have a huge amount of financial muscle these days and after the initial buzz dies down we won't have huge crowds if we're not winning. I think a baseline of about 2k is reasonable and that should be augmented by improved away crowds after most fan bases haven't had a chance to visit since 2019.
    I have a lot of confidence in Colin Healys ability to build a very good defensive shape with whatever players he has at his disposal but the attack needs a lot of work. Hopefully thats eniugh to keep us out of a relegation battle year one.
    One issue is there aren't a lot of Cork players in the league these days who we could reasonably hope to attract home, which has always been how we've built the core of our teams. Hopefully there are some young players looking to come back from the UK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    With drogs talking about going full time you could be looking at 9 or 10 full time teams next year depending on how the play off goes. Will be a serious league next year. Competition for players will be tough. Drogs might be better off staying part time though, if rumours of bohs going to morning training are true drogs could end up as the only viable option for players based in dublin who want to play Premier but have jobs carears outside football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    McCann is a lovely footballer and might be good for another season of he could stay fit but he doesn't seem to be able to. We need legs in midfield and he just doesn't have them anymore. He's been great when we've needed him most though. A bit like Joey O'Brien, he's playing through stuff and it's probably hurting him.

Do you rate Burt ger? Straight swap for Towell interest you at all?
    Burt has been great for us since he joined. Maybe not at the form of last year but still chips in with goals and assists. With others leaving the club he is even more important to have in the side, which is all the more baffling as to why he is not.

Think Towell’s best days are behind him. He has no pace anymore and is not exactly a goal machine. I’m sure he will be happy to finish out his contract at Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    With drogs talking about going full time you could be looking at 9 or 10 full time teams next year depending on how the play off goes. Will be a serious league next year. Competition for players will be tough. Drogs might be better off staying part time though, if rumours of bohs going to morning training are true drogs could end up as the only viable option for players based in dublin who want to play Premier but have jobs carears outside football
    More than rumours sbgawa.

The days of the true LOI part-time player do seem to be coming to an end. At least for now…

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    At this moment in time I'd swap Ollie Horgan for Towell. Ollie could be an opposition analyst or one those types of jobs for Rovers . Anything to get that expensive, hairband, useless waste of space that is Richard off the Rovers payroll. He's about as useful as tit$ on a fish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    At this moment in time I'd swap Ollie Horgan for Towell. Ollie could be an opposition analyst or one those types of jobs for Rovers . Anything to get that expensive, hairband, useless waste of space that is Richard off the Rovers payroll. He's about as useful as tit$ on a fish.
    Who gets the stick for giving him a 3 year contract? Never got up to the heights again of the Dundalk days. Now Ollie would be some signing. Most definitely get you more points than Towell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    looking forward to seeing who shells out for towell next. a guy who got to england on his physicality and his brute force. all that has waned with age, shell of a player now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Towell doesnt bother me to the same extent as he seems to bother others, i think the problem is the expectation levels around him and the reputed big wages. If you stand back and look at it i dont think he has been that bad his finishing has been poor but he has got in a lot of good tackles and one massive block saving a goal in Dalymount in the last game there, at this stage i think he is trying to hard tbh.
    Will be interesting to see if he can turn it around , if he does we will want to keep him , if he doesn't no one will pay his wages to take him.
    He is going to et plenty of game time over the next 11 weeks so he has a chance to do either.

Edit Post tonight's match:
    Towell was excellent tonight and hopefully the goal and performance will settle him down and he can go on a good run of games. Felt he was definitely trying to hard lately
    Last edited by sbgawa; 21/08/2022 at 9:21 PM.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Towell doesnt bother me to the same extent as he seems to bother others, i think the problem is the expectation levels around him and the reputed big wages. If you stand back and look at it i dont think he has been that bad his finishing has been poor but he has got in a lot of good tackles and one massive block saving a goal in Dalymount in the last game there, at this stage i think he is trying to hard tbh.
    Will be interesting to see if he can turn it around , if he does we will want to keep him , if he doesn't no one will pay his wages to take him.
    He is going to et plenty of game time over the next 11 weeks so he has a chance to do either.

Edit Post tonight's match:
    Towell was excellent tonight and hopefully the goal and performance will settle him down and he can go on a good run of games. Felt he was definitely trying to hard lately
    Towell rolled back the years last night, making those trademark late runs from deep to join in attacks. In saying that, Dundalk made it very easy for him by playing such an incredibly stupid high line.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Towell rolled back the years last night, making those trademark late runs from deep to join in attacks. In saying that, Dundalk made it very easy for him by playing such an incredibly stupid high line.
    Unfortunately I think that's the game that suits him most. He did similar up in Derry last year.

We don't play like that very often though and he gets a bit lost when he tries to fit into our normal system. I'd agree with sbgawa as well to an extent in that some of it is probably down to him trying too hard to get back to the levels he was at years ago.

Delighted for him though. His attitude has been great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    I'm wondering if perhaps Towell would be considering his post football playing career? perhaps as a fitness instructor? he's clearly fitness oriented and I wonder would he be interested in continuing on as a coach or simply focus on his gym network?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    What’s the craic with Mandriou at Lincoln. Is he still injured? Not even in the squad for their LC game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    When he went it was said he went at the beginning of the window rather than the end as he wouldnt have been fit for any of the European games so im guessing that was up to group stages.
    On that basis he should be back to fitness around now if not Match fitness as such.
    Id expect him to start showing up on the bench soon to start.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I see that James Browne has been out on loan from Blackburn u23 out to Stockport county - hope that’s not a bad sign - league 2 level , he’ll no doubt compete there but I hope he doesn’t get stuck there.
    Drogheda United in this together