Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GerByrne001 View Post
    Bohs sign James Clarke from Drogheda. He looked decent anytime he played against us but what's he like overall Drogheda fans?
    I always liked Clarke but feel he is still in development and may turn out a great player. He can have great matches and be a bit lost in others - surprised tbh that a fee was paid for him (great potential, developing but still a bit to go). Sorry to see him go as I’d of liked to see him fully develop with us. Until this season he was. A bench player but got his chance this year alongside Deegan as a starter.

He has a great skill at running at a defence and beating 1-2 men.

All the best to him - great career ahead of him
    Last edited by SeanDrog; 27/07/2022 at 7:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Sligo Rovers sign Fabrice Hartmann on loan from RB Leipzig until next July,a 21 year old winger!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Two Bundesliga players on loan here at the same time has to be a first?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Hope we'll be sending a high court case Alfie Lewis' way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Can you repurpose any of your O'Donnell banners? That would be economical and good for the environment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I can understand your beef with SOD but what did alfie Lewis do besides leave for more money?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Two Bundesliga players on loan here at the same time has to be a first?!
    I was about to say the same thing. Germany with so many divisions and teams could be a very good source for loan signings for LOI clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Can you repurpose any of your O'Donnell banners? That would be economical and good for the environment
    Unfortunately we don't have an Environmental Officer for me to verify this.

Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I can understand your beef with SOD but what did alfie Lewis do besides leave for more money?
    Haha it was said in jest, it's obviously just the nature of the game. Shame though as I loved Alfie at Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Tinpot club....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Not very environmental to burn him in effigy, it’s our favourite pastime in Inchicore. I won’t pander to the green party and give it up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    I suppose the upside to our league becoming a bit more visible to other countries is that we might get in a few quality loans. Any team looking to get first team minutes into a player at the start of their season could look to our teams who are mid-season. Get a few bangers in for Europe......
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Happy to hear we're trying to fill the gap in defence with Pico out.
    Think the two fingers thing from Cleary was in regard to him believing Bradley snubbed him when he was on loan with us prior to joining dundalk. We seem determined to recreate the dundalk back 4 it seems...
    Cleary was on trial at Rovers not on loan and was getting little traction when Dundalk backed him and offered a contract. The two fingers thing was to do with that. Im sure he will forgive and forget for a kitchen sink or 5. Connolly to Derry then, Dundalk did their bit to get him back but cant compete with Derry and Rovers financially - great for the player!

Happy with the lads coming in. Its a shame we couldnt keep the form defender while adding the likes of Lewis to the squad - I may have given us a chance at a run at Rovers then. Even the best of defender was signed he'd have to bed in, so its disruptive. Id love to see Mayowa get game time. Mountney and Gartland would almost feel like new signings - Id not write either off as done just yet.

Know nothing about Hauge, how quickly will McCourt bed in to one of the meanest defences? Connolly was big part of that but it took him most of the 1st round of games to find his feet and trust lads about him - hope its the same for his new club!

Good to see the St Pats connection with O'Donnell being put to further good use and bearing fruit with the Lewis signing. How is that court case going by the way?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Haha it was said in jest, it's obviously just the nature of the game. Shame though as I loved Alfie at Pats.
    I'd have been gutted about it at one stage but we're pretty well stocked in midfield now with Timmermans in , Jamie Lennon back and Adam O'Reilly signed up to the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Happy to hear we're trying to fill the gap in defence with Pico out.
    Think the two fingers thing from Cleary was in regard to him believing Bradley snubbed him when he was on loan with us prior to joining dundalk. We seem determined to recreate the dundalk back 4 it seems...
    Massey might still be available ?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Jesse Devers who left us recently joined Icelandic second division side ÍF Magni Grenevík …
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Jesse Devers who left us recently joined Icelandic second division side ÍF Magni Grenevík …
    That's a fairly leftfield one!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    At first glance at the pic of Simon Power in this RTE report I thought Rovers had managed to pinch Dan Kelly. There is a passing resemblance I think.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022...-departs-club/

Hard to know whether its fans in denial that are saying that Connolly has not signed for Dundalk due to his club looking for a pretty hefty transfer fee but he wants to stay at Oriel. If that is the case and the numbers mentioned are anywhere close then Derry are happy to splash the cash. Could be money well spent if an experienced head, like Connolly, can help sort Derry's sketchy form (I dont think they were particularly defensive issues more leadership and cohesion issues?) it'd be worth if it is the difference between putting in a title challenge and qualifying for Europe or not, though a hefty chunk of an ECL 1st round win prizemoney would be needed to balance the books.

The player plenty of options including a loan extension albeit Dundee Utd wanted an increased contribution to his wages and not insurmountable figures imo (considering the rumour mill tends to exaggerate how much a player is paid) and with future option clauses. Id be surprised if Dundalk just wouldnt budge on the playing budget for an important player, who again could have had a significant influence on getting a European spot. His value to us wasnt just his defending and as much in his range of passing and how he brought the likes of Hoban in to a game, playing to Hoban's strengths. He is understandably going wherever he is getting his big pay day, especially if he is transferred so possibly this could be his last contract if its multi year deal. Linfield were mentioned as being interested also and after an 8 goal hammering they need something!

Hopefully the lads coming in plug the gaps left in the squad by Williams injury/recall and Connolly. I hadnt paid much attention to McCourt prior but S O'D obviously rates him and so far he has shown to have a good eye for the type of players he wants. Lewis is obviously rated highly by St Pats fans and hopefully he has even kicked on from last season. Hauge, will be interesting to see in action.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    As regards Alfie Lewis, yes we would have loved it if he had stayed on after the cup final, but he didn’t and we got Adam O’Reilly who has been outstanding. We also recently signed a Dutch holding midfielder Thijs Timmerman who made his debut against NS Mura last week, and we have Chris Forrester and Jamie Lennon so we’re more than fine for midfielders now. And as regards whether he has kicked on since leaving us, he only managed two appearances for Plymouth and they were willing to let him go permanently just 8 months after signing him so it doesn’t seem very likely. It’s a shame as he had a lot of potential. If he has injury issues I’m not sure that going to Dundalk and the
    notorious pitch is the best move, but I wish him the best.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Matt Smith surplus to requirements at Derry. Back to Pat’s the likely outcome?

Has been l, bar a few moments, very underwhelming for us.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Sounds like some sensible contractual agreements for a change - Ferizaj has accepted a 16-month extension at Shamrock Rovers, by which stage he should have firmly established himself in the first team, and the Tallaght club can ask for a considerably better fee:

https://punditarena.com/football/ron...amrock-rovers/