Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    https://www.dundalkfc.com/connolly-r...dundee-united/

Mark Connolly recalled by Dundee United,Dundalk trying to get him back but that’ll be a big loss if they can’t….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Graham Gartland just made the fairly obvious but overlooked (by me anyway) point that players are also leaving due to the high cost of living at home. So we pay less than league 1/2 and they can't get close to a mortgage or even car insurance....no brainer for them.

Sometimes I forget to look at the whole picture. Although I'm not sure Lake Como is going to be much better for Kerrigan.....
    To be honest I’m not sure that’s a big factor. There has always been a huge lure for players to go to England, even if it’s not to the top level over there. Especially for younger players here. They see it as a chance to break into the game over there, and hopefully move up the ladder if they do well. Slightly older players, who may have more of an eye on families and mortgages etc, don’t generally tend to be the ones in demand from England and Scotland anyway.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Is that in every case Nigel or because we haven't traditionally paid them full-time annual contracts?
    A lot will depend on the club and the length of contract presumably. But have been told by a player who played at several clubs in Ireland that he found it impossible to get a mortgage here for this reason.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    To be honest I’m not sure that’s a big factor. There has always been a huge lure for players to go to England, even if it’s not to the top level over there. Especially for younger players here. They see it as a chance to break into the game over there, and hopefully move up the ladder if they do well. Slightly older players, who may have more of an eye on families and mortgages etc, don’t generally tend to be the ones in demand from England and Scotland anyway.
    Oh absolutely. There's the pure lure of "making it" which you aren't seen to have to if you stay here. Which is true in a compensation sense to be fair.....

But cost of living has to factor in as well. If we aren't paying as much and they can stretch more money further elsewhere they are going to leave in greater numbers....just as with any career.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Drogs signed Darragh Noone
    Drogheda United in this together

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Drogs signed Darragh Noone
    Found this background piece on him - an interesting signing

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...excursion/amp/
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    People on social media saying selling Lyons for 350k (plus i assume add ons and sell ons) is bad business.
    Are we losing the run of ourselves or am i out of step in thinking that's not bad.
    350k or thereabouts for someone who cost virtually nothing would be in the top 5 or 6 transfers out of the league.

While we hope things are changing for the better on transfers we need more of the players that go over to do better to start justifying bigger fees for our league.
    I don't think Rovers are appreciably weaker with either Kavanagh of Farrugia (who i expect to see playing against Drogs tomorrow) at wingback so id be tempted to take the money and hope for a big sell on or he achieves whatever add ons are in there.

Delighted to see the club turning down several lower bids though if he had gone for 100 or 200 id have seen that as poor enough considering we have got that kind of money (lower end) for some kids leaving directly from the academy.

I think 350k is great money for Lyons, these clubs could have signed him for nothing 6 months ago & no one bit so you have to be realistic, also it is a nice turnaround in 6 months for Rovers too financially. Finally a nice move for the lad too, going to a good level but a team where he has a real chance of cracking the side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    I think 350k is great money for Lyons, these clubs could have signed him for nothing 6 months ago & no one bit so you have to be realistic, also it is a nice turnaround in 6 months for Rovers too financially. Finally a nice move for the lad too, going to a good level but a team where he has a real chance of cracking the side
    At Lyons' age there'd have been compensation due if a side had tried to sign him before he turns 23.
    I could be off with my calculations here, but I think we'd have been looking at ~€300,000 had that been the case, so you can see why they wouldn't want to let.him go for a figure below that level.

€350,000 + a decent sell on clause, plus additional fees for International caps would be a fair agreement for a player of his calibre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Rovers did pay a development fee & I thought it was around 30k as he was out of contract, why would an english club be expected to pay 10 times the amount?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Rovers did pay a development fee & I thought it was around 30k as he was out of contract, why would an english club be expected to pay 10 times the amount?
    He’s under contract and had a great season for the team last walking the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Domestic compensation is a fraction of what International transfer compensation is.
    If the same level of compensation was used for domestic transfers no one would be able to sign a player who's out of contract !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
    Domestic compensation is a fraction of what International transfer compensation is.
    If the same level of compensation was used for domestic transfers no one would be able to sign a player who's out of contract !
    Maybe international compensation is more than domestic but it is unlikely to be that high, McGinty, Burns & Devoy all left this window for England & the fact their contract was running down a large factor in why the clubs had to sell. If you knew 300k is what you expect at the end of the season, why not hold onto the player?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think Rovers paid 25 k with max Murphy going thr other way gor around 15k.
    Compensation for rovers if Blackpool sign him doesn't arise as it only happens if the player is out of contract and he has 18 months left at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...=sharebar&s=09

Lyons move to Blackpool is off due to injury to Lopes….

Is he out for the season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Maybe international compensation is more than domestic but it is unlikely to be that high, McGinty, Burns & Devoy all left this window for England & the fact their contract was running down a large factor in why the clubs had to sell. If you knew 300k is what you expect at the end of the season, why not hold onto the player?
    https://www.fai.ie/domestic/governan...ation-payments

Compensation is explained pretty well above, and the below link explains the categories and amount.
    https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

€60,000 per year for every year as a pro (or semi pro) in the Premier Division, €30,000 in the First Division and €10,000 for every season as an underage player.

As regards McGinty, he's 23 next week and players 23 and above aren't subject to compensation.

There's multiple reasons why you'd potentially sell a player below his compensation value.

1. He has a release clause in his contract. Any offers at or above the specified value must be accepted.

2. There's no sell on clauses or add-ons for players who leave for compensation. It was shown with Doherty and Bazunu's transfers how valuable these can be.
    A club may be willing to undercut the initial value for a bigger potential fee down the line.

3. There's no guarantee if a player runs down his contract that a foreign club will be willing to sign him for such an amount.
    Instead he could end up at a domestic rival for ~€30,000, such as Lyons and Mandroiu.

There's probably other reasons I've not outlined, but it's not as simple as let them wind down their contract and watch the money roll in !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://www.dundalkfc.com/connolly-r...dundee-united/

Mark Connolly recalled by Dundee United,Dundalk trying to get him back but that’ll be a big loss if they can’t….
    It certainly would! Along with Sheppard he has been one of the stand out players so far this season. There are some positive murmurs doing the rounds, but the only thing that is certain is that news about players in Dundalk should be taken with pinch of salt until the club makes an announcement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It certainly would! Along with Sheppard he has been one of the stand out players so far this season. There are some positive murmurs doing the rounds, but the only thing that is certain is that news about players in Dundalk should be taken with pinch of salt until the club makes an announcement.
    The top 3 teams in league potentially losing their number 1 CB in the last week, an odd quirk that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Bohs sign Laurenz Dehl on loan from Union Berlin…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Have Bohs lost a good amount of players this window or something? Feels like they've brought in loads but maybe I've just not been paying much attention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Have Bohs lost a good amount of players this window or something? Feels like they've brought in loads but maybe I've just not been paying much attention.
    Off the top of my head,Devoy,Promise and Cassidy,Finnerty has left on loan aswell.
    Talbot out for the season with injury too…