Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: LOI Matches 2nd - 7th November 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Aye, the people that would throw this up in due course would have just found something else as to beat up LoI with. It shouldnt happen at all but you see all out melees involving about 30-40 people at GAA matches relatively often, just happen to be players and staff and sometimes they have a clatter of sticks with them too, the outrage passes. There's no shortage of LoI people also, that circle like vultures waiting for something to happen and swoop in - you could predict in advance who and against what clubs too. If it was Dundalk Placid Casual would have injured him self in the haste to get online.

The err in this from SRFC is the delay in saying something for whatever reason. It does seem like not wanting to front up, maybe inadvertently admit liability, especially as someone was hospitalised and potential future litigation against Rovers/Waterford/RSC owners/if a company is used for stewards etc. Taking care to limit exposure to responsibility is the only reason that makes sense for the delay imo. The statement this evening can be dismissed by people as damage limitation with the furore and it nothing of the sort. Arguably the very late club statement has worked on some level as attention is more on Rovers lack of response than the incident itself. It's a grey area when an incident is caused by away fans and who should be responsible - how is a club really to blame for lapses in security of the host club. Yes, identify the culprits and ban them, but after that an away club can only condemn the behaviour of of the few morons (belatedly in this case) and state that there is a Garda investigation open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    I assumed the post you responded to was taking the ****.....I mean I hope so!

I heard the kid said he was "trying to hit the roof". I'm not saying I didn't mess around with repeaters back in the good auld days when I had no real respect for the amount of time I had left on the clock....but what an utter fool. I almost, ALMOST, feel sorry for him. If he is dumb enough to let a repeater off under a roof in a crowd......what chance does this lad (or the two lads supposedly involved) have in life at all?

Mandatory IQ checks should be required for all away fans moving forward.
    But UCD would end up with the biggest travelling support then......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    But UCD would end up with the biggest travelling support then......
    They'd also be top of the league if we started deducting points from clubs for away fans causing trouble. So maybe it all just makes sense?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I can't see any downsides.

Will we give it a go and see what happens? I mean, that seems about all the rationale behind any major league decision anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Aye, the people that would throw this up in due course would have just found something else as to beat up LoI with. It shouldnt happen at all but you see all out melees involving about 30-40 people at GAA matches relatively often, just happen to be players and staff and sometimes they have a clatter of sticks with them too, the outrage passes. There's no shortage of LoI people also, that circle like vultures waiting for something to happen and swoop in - you could predict in advance who and against what clubs too. If it was Dundalk Placid Casual would have injured him self in the haste to get online.

The err in this from SRFC is the delay in saying something for whatever reason. It does seem like not wanting to front up, maybe inadvertently admit liability, especially as someone was hospitalised and potential future litigation against Rovers/Waterford/RSC owners/if a company is used for stewards etc. Taking care to limit exposure to responsibility is the only reason that makes sense for the delay imo. The statement this evening can be dismissed by people as damage limitation with the furore and it nothing of the sort. Arguably the very late club statement has worked on some level as attention is more on Rovers lack of response than the incident itself. It's a grey area when an incident is caused by away fans and who should be responsible - how is a club really to blame for lapses in security of the host club. Yes, identify the culprits and ban them, but after that an away club can only condemn the behaviour of of the few morons (belatedly in this case) and state that there is a Garda investigation open.
    There’s no liability against Rovers…. That sits with Waterford; hope they have their public liability cover in place as if the injured fan has suffered an injury he/she will have a slam dunk case against Waterford/their security company .

As for Rovers being ‘late’ with their statement ; think that’s deflecting from the real issue which is whether the Gardai have collected enough evidence to ensure a conviction

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

Will we give it a go and see what happens? I mean, that seems about all the rationale behind any major league decision anyway
    I mean at least one club would benefit from it so it already beats any other major decision so far.

Good luck in the playoffs by the way stu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Which season was that?

I personally(with a few mates) have had at least two run in with that lot once outside Maginn Park and once outside Finn Park , also know of another few young lads they same mob went for outside the Brandywell on another occasion. And if memory serves there was yet another occasion where they ran behind the River End and started ripping down Harps supporters flags, so they not being discouraged too much. To be fair though I haven't noticed them on the last couple of occasion Derry visit Finn Park
    Was the 2 all draw I think with late Sean Houston equaliser I think but memory is hazy on that one. As for the flag ripping, in the 3-2 defeat a few years ago my flag was being robbed but I got there just in time and the young lad shat the togs when I got there and looked frightened of his life despite me being one of the lest physically unthreatening looking people imaginable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

Agreed, would sort out the conundrum of the away section in Oriel too - 7 seater stand and sorted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    There’s no liability against Rovers…. That sits with Waterford; hope they have their public liability cover in place as if the injured fan has suffered an injury he/she will have a slam dunk case against Waterford/their security company .

As for Rovers being ‘late’ with their statement ; think that’s deflecting from the real issue which is whether the Gardai have collected enough evidence to ensure a conviction
    So basically we re in agreement CJ, I should have gone the wind up route

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Well that won’t happen as another 3 of their player on too of the two mentioned players will be in Derry.

All of Dundalks players are free to go regardless of existing contracts, thats 100% and came from a current Dundalk player.

Patching Slogget and Cleary will all be up here.
    Sauce?

Andy Boyle and Ryan O'Kane are signed up for Dundalk for 2022.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    You'd wonder about Derry poaching players from the team sitting in 6th. The dynasty might be a year or so off if that's the strategy....

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-essex-59191446

Morons looking for an excuse to use fireworks left over after Halloween isn't just a Dublin thing anyway.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-essex-59191446

Morons looking for an excuse to use fireworks left over after Halloween isn't just a Dublin thing anyway.
    Im happy to retract my statement so!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Drogs one up , header at the back post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    No one wants 4th do they!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    No one wants 4th do they!
    Either that or everyone wants 9th!
    Paaatrick's Agletic

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Either that or everyone wants 9th!
    More than welcome to it!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Longford certainly not rolling over and letting us pick up GD. Still I will take the shot at Derry dropping points and setting up a last day big one and hope Pats win the cup. (and both Rovers finishing strongly)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Bloodbath of a league. And RTE think there's nothing at stake because the title race isn't close. Imagine all these games were covered. There'd be plenty of drama and it covers the entire country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    I see Bohs are ahead , I kept getting an error message on loitv in the second half.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast