Thread: Neal Fenn, player of the month IMO

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Neal Fenn, player of the month IMO

He is simply playing out of his skin.

His first touch is top class, his vision is superb (he hit one pass in the game v Hibs from one end of the oitch to the other that had the Scots drooling), the way he holds up the ball...........and what about the "back heel" tonight for Flynny's goal..............BRILLIANT

Fenn = Class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Neal Fenn

Premiership control
    Vaulxall Conference Pace

Hes excellent. He so strong on the ball too. He really makes use of his body to shield the ball.

Some people will always mistake his lack of pace for a lack of heart though. At one stage in the 2nd half he failed to reach a through ball and somebody in Shed shouted "Take Him Off".

But, I think everybody is warming to him now. They are more understanding of what he can and cant do.
    Last edited by harry crumb; 09/07/2005 at 2:00 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb
    Neal Fenn

Premiership control
    Vaulxall Conference Pace

He's excellent. He so strong on the ball too. He really makes use of his body to shield the ball.

Some people will always mistake his lack of pace for a lack of heart though. At one stage in the 2nd half he failed to reach a through ball and somebody in Shed shouted "Take Him Off". I think everybody is warming to him now.
    He is really becoming one of our most influential players. His control is fantastic. I had people with me tonight that don't normally go to The Cross and they were very impressed with the style of play City played - on the ground, didn't hoof it even when under pressure etc. And Fenn is a big part of that.

He'll never be the fastest player on the field but we have Flynny, Roy Kearney etc for that - we need Fenn to provide the balls to them.

Delighted to hear The Shed singing his name in the second half BTW.

Looks like he's enjoying himself at the moment.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb
    Neal Fenn
    Premiership control
    Vaulxall Conference Pace
    Change that to eL 1st division pace. If he had any pace would be playing at the very highest level.

I am disappointed in his strength holding the ball too.

Skill is most appreciated in European games so heres hoping...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Counting Crowe" i love you...you are my hero

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Change that to eL 1st division pace. If he had any pace would be playing at the very highest level.

I am disappointed in his strength holding the ball too.

Skill is most appreciated in European games so heres hoping...
    you are a hard man to please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i nearly hit somone at the last game having ventured into the Donie Forde with a newbie. despite spraying cross field balls to the feet and making those one touches and take downs that you'd take for granted but are vital to a passing game, some gobsheen behind me was whinging every 5 seconds that he was useless and a waste of space. and it wasnt just one person, we moved 3 times and 3 times there was someone whinging, mostly about fenn, sometimes about dan murphy, and, amazingly, never about george. i thought the donie was famous for its george bashers?
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by we shall not be
    "Counting Crowe" i love you...you are my hero

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I sat near the dugouts (as against The Shed normally) for the Kilkenny and Longford League Cup games, as I had my 2 sons with me, and you really get to appreciate the level of skill Fenn has when you are so close to the play - his first touch is simply fantastic.

I really believe Rico has given him a new lease of life this season. He's playing with real confidence.........

........still dreaming of his "back heel" to Flynny last night..........f**king brilliant.

If that goal had been scored at Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford or Anfield or Villa Park (.....ok, that's pushing it a bit too far I know) we would be seeing it for months.

CLASS.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac
    ithere was someone whinging, mostly about fenn, sometimes about dan murphy, and, amazingly, never about george. i thought the donie was famous for its george bashers?
    It took George dozens of class performances before he shut up those muppets.
    Fenn has a bit more to do..

Fenn has the skill in spades but it is only this season that he has put in the effort. I think that last season both pace and application were absent in many games. Something has clearly clicked and only the pace is missing.
    Someone posted on the official site that he is now addressing the pace thing - I don't think that can happen at his age unless he does a Michelle Smith. It's just effort on his part, making the most of what he has.
    Joy to watch himself and George at their best..

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fenn has always had the class, but now he's really showing determination as well. Great to see. well done Fenny

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this season i have noticed a huge change in citys style of play. IMO we are playing like champions, the one touch passing, the lay offs, the cross field balls, the chains of high tempo passing, all these have made us into a really continental kind of team, and i think Fenn and Georgie have more to do with this than anyone else

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dynamo
    this season i have noticed a huge change in citys style of play. IMO we are playing like champions, the one touch passing, the lay offs, the cross field balls, the chains of high tempo passing, all these have made us into a really continental kind of team, and i think Fenn and Georgie have more to do with this than anyone else
    I'd say it is Rico and having someone at the helm with a decent level of tactical awareness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting Crow
    I'd say it is Rico and having someone at the helm with a decent level of tactical awareness!
    Bang on the money there Crow ... no of this subs with 2 minutes to go nonsense ..... i mean what was that about all last year ?? IF something isd wrong, then it is addressed in proper time. Have to say .... Rico is doing a great job.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    you are a hard man to please
    I know.

I did miss the first 20 minutes of the game when city were playing the best so will update judgement post eL weekly.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!