Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sinclair Armstrong F QPR b.2003

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    I put on the EFL highlights show on ITV last night & it was like the Sinclair Armstrong appreciation show, firstly the commentators during it, then the host and then the QPR manager Ainsworth raving about him, Ainsworth said his ceiling was the very top of the game. He made one run on the left near the sideline with the FB with him and the CB covering, players usually turn around and lay the ball back in that situation but he rolled it between the two defenders and accelerated away from both. Very unlucky not to score again also, one shot hit both posts having rolled across the line.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I put on the EFL highlights show on ITV last night & it was like the Sinclair Armstrong appreciation show, firstly the commentators during it, then the host and then the QPR manager Ainsworth raving about him, Ainsworth said his ceiling was the very top of the game. He made one run on the left near the sideline with the FB with him and the CB covering, players usually turn around and lay the ball back in that situation but he rolled it between the two defenders and accelerated away from both. Very unlucky not to score again also, one shot hit both posts having rolled across the line.
    He looks like he is bigger, stronger, and meaner than last season - he has been very impressive in every game and if he keeps it up there will be a queue of PL teams after him by the end of the season.

He definitely has jumped to the head of the pack as a partner for Ferguson.

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Any highlights online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    A couple of great highlights from him in here. He got 65 mins

https://youtu.be/SdCSwNpS3HE

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    A couple of great highlights from him in here. He got 65 mins

https://youtu.be/SdCSwNpS3HE
    Great thanks

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    That run down the left wing just after half time was quite something. Seems to have a really good attitude as well.

Straight into the Under 21 team next month I'd say, and if he keeps going like that he won't be in the Under 21s for very long either.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Watching it yesterday, I was left thinking he did what we keep hoping Idah will do & it took him two weeks. He bullied defenders with his strength, then had the technique to follow that, the acceleration to get away from them and carried a constant goal threat.

If, and it is a big if I know, he keeps yesterdays performance level then he will jump several others in the queue for a senior squad place really quickly, as Jolly Red Giant said.

All eyes on QPR for the next while so, they have one more & maybe two games before the squad announcement, probably too soon whatever he does.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    I think Kenny is pretty stubborn and is likely to persist with the current squad including Idah ahead of any new recruits. A bit pointless as this campaign is already a write-off and we should be looking to integrate obvious talents like Armstrong and Festy. I guess we'll have to wait until he is finally relieved of his duties and this agony comes to its protracted end.

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    I think Kenny is pretty stubborn and is likely to persist with the current squad including Idah ahead of any new recruits. A bit pointless as this campaign is already a write-off and we should be looking to integrate obvious talents like Armstrong and Festy. I guess we'll have to wait until he is finally relieved of his duties and this agony comes to its protracted end.
    Surely the Kenny experiment has to end soon = = The failed experiment.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree.

One thing to note though is we do seem to have a lot of injuries at the moment? Parrott, Obafemi, Johnston, Coleman, McClean, Smallbone. Then there's guys like McGrath who hasn't got a club yet, and even Scales and Doherty who aren't being considered by their clubs. I think there's scope there to bring a couple of new guys through. Armstrong hasn't done a huge amount as yet and probably a call-up on the basis of two good games is a bit premature - but then our options up front and at wing-back in particular are really ropey at the moment.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    The same stubborn Kenny who brought in Ferguson before anyone called for it? The same stubborn Kenny who got ridiculed for calling up Mikey Johnstone out of nowhere? Kenny has a lot of faults, but hes been the least stubborn of any of our managers in calling up good young players for years.

Festy has been in squads previously. I watched him vs Juventus yesterday, and while Im delighted hes starting and I think theres a good player in him, he was awful. Got substituted off on 54 mins with cramp of all things. How does a 21 year old have cramp in less than an hour of football at beginning of season!

The other one that Kenny keeps being "Stubborn" on is Manning. Yet he called him up in last squad, Manning turned it down and has been awful defensively for Southampton. Hes a nice footballer but a liability defensively, (see the Plymouth goal at the weekend), I personally think Callum O'Dowda is a better defender but Manning better going forward.

Sinclair Armstrong looks like he has something about him, theres a similarity to Heskey in his pace and power. With the players that we have injured in the forward positions theres a chance he could get a call up in next squad if he plays well again next weekend, if he gets another goal or 2 there is an excellent chance he gets a call up.

Armstrong and Connolly have have been the 2 best stories from our point of view in the opening weeks, you'd love to see them keep it going. Idah, Parrott and Obafemi coming under massive pressure for their places, Emakhu pushing too. Its brilliant to see what could be real competition for places developing that will hopefully give all our strikers a push
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    The same stubborn Kenny who brought in Ferguson before anyone called for it? The same stubborn Kenny who got ridiculed for calling up Mikey Johnstone out of nowhere? Kenny has a lot of faults, but hes been the least stubborn of any of our managers in calling up good young players for years.

Festy has been in squads previously. I watched him vs Juventus yesterday, and while Im delighted hes starting and I think theres a good player in him, he was awful. Got substituted off on 54 mins with cramp of all things. How does a 21 year old have cramp in less than an hour of football at beginning of season!

The other one that Kenny keeps being "Stubborn" on is Manning. Yet he called him up in last squad, Manning turned it down and has been awful defensively for Southampton. Hes a nice footballer but a liability defensively, (see the Plymouth goal at the weekend), I personally think Callum O'Dowda is a better defender but Manning better going forward.

Sinclair Armstrong looks like he has something about him, theres a similarity to Heskey in his pace and power. With the players that we have injured in the forward positions theres a chance he could get a call up in next squad if he plays well again next weekend, if he gets another goal or 2 there is an excellent chance he gets a call up.

Armstrong and Connolly have have been the 2 best stories from our point of view in the opening weeks, you'd love to see them keep it going. Idah, Parrott and Obafemi coming under massive pressure for their places, Emakhu pushing too. Its brilliant to see what could be real competition for places developing that will hopefully give all our strikers a push
    Just on the Ferguson point.
    If you look at his thread. (Page 7)
    People wanted him to start v Malta? Kenny brought him on on the 76 minute. There was so many injuries in that window I'm not sure he was quite the Nostradamus you think.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Of course when he was in the squad people wanted to see him play, thats normal, but no one was asking for the call up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1111495.html

Out of contract at end of season and being linked with Man City, Celtic and Crystal Palace.

Initial reaction would be for him to stay where he is, but with QPR in relegation trouble I wouldnt want him to sign a new contract and end up in L1. Links to City a bit fanciful for sure, and the Celtic route has been well covered on here. Palace interesting, but I'd be concentrating on having a good season if I was him and the see whats available when hes on a free contract

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Scores only his second of the season today, at home against Bournemouth in the Cup.

Travers in nets for Bournemouth, so seems both sides are making the usual raft of changes for the Cup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    That's Travers unable to join another English club this season as he's played for two clubs this season.

22. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts

24. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    I had to check who he mugged off there. 15m and Argentina cap, Marco Sensei.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    That's Travers unable to join another English club this season as he's played for two clubs this season.
    Not just England I think. Pretty sure it’s a FIFA rule that rules him out of joining all regular season (August-May) clubs - probably all clubs full stop. He could still rejoin Stoke though

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Not just England I think. Pretty sure it’s a FIFA rule that rules him out of joining all regular season (August-May) clubs - probably all clubs full stop. He could still rejoin Stoke though
    Stoke already signed Iverson from Leicester City.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast