Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Games Weekend 23rd to 25th October

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well I didn't see the match, but I can understand how you could say Dundalk were really poor while also not arguing ye should have lost 6-0.

They made it sound like a crap match between half a team and a disinterested team tbh.
    Well I was at the match and can confirm Dundalk were abysmal. Pats played a bit in the first half and got their lead and the second half was mainly Dundalk huffing and puffing and passing the ball around the back without doing much. Pats were happy enough to let us do that for a lot of the game.
    The Dundalk team was made up of lads who are already gone somewhere else and lads who are trying to stay injury free so as not to jeopardise any potential move at the end of the season. We were also tactically naive once again and Vinny Perths style of football and tactical ineptitude was to the fore again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    After the cup game Perth made a comment lauding Dundalk fans not reacting to 'the madness' after that game. Any idea what he was on about - it'd be par for the course for Pats fans to celebrate and be on a wind up getting to a cup final and after Dundalk being in the last 6. Over the years going to Richmond Park, Ive never experienced any bad incidents, the only Dublin fixture I can say that about (o and UCD but not sure that counts ) although I do know others had car windows broken (during a game so hardly St Pats supporters) and some issue at an off-licence between 2 groups of supporters one night. We were even let sneak out for a pint at half time usually and mingled with Pats fans.

Kinda dont feel much like analyzing the match tbh, its was a tired looking effort. Whether due to the quick turn around of games, not much of a squad to rotate, or due to wider issues at the club, its hard to know. Flipping Klopp, Guardiola and their ilk would struggle to get 100% out of players no matter how the side was set up under the circumstances so harsh to point the finger at Perth imo. He has undoubtedly steadied things but from a very low starting point. Under different circumstances I still think he is a good young coach and capable enough for the Dundalk job. There are so many rumours doing the rounds I suppose its understandable that some people are questioning his suitability if not ability. If he gets the Shels job it will be interesting to see how he does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    After the cup game Perth made a comment lauding Dundalk fans not reacting to 'the madness' after that game. Any idea what he was on about - it'd be par for the course for Pats fans to celebrate and be on a wind up getting to a cup final and after Dundalk being in the last 6. Over the years going to Richmond Park, Ive never experienced any bad incidents, the only Dublin fixture I can say that about (o and UCD but not sure that counts ) although I do know others had car windows broken (during a game so hardly St Pats supporters) and some issue at an off-licence between 2 groups of supporters one night. We were even let sneak out for a pint at half time usually and mingled with Pats fans.

Kinda dont feel much like analyzing the match tbh, its was a tired looking effort. Whether due to the quick turn around of games, not much of a squad to rotate, or due to wider issues at the club, its hard to know. Flipping Klopp, Guardiola and their ilk would struggle to get 100% out of players no matter how the side was set up under the circumstances so harsh to point the finger at Perth imo. He has undoubtedly steadied things but from a very low starting point. Under different circumstances I still think he is a good young coach and capable enough for the Dundalk job. There are so many rumours doing the rounds I suppose its understandable that some people are questioning his suitability if not ability. If he gets the Shels job it will be interesting to see how he does.
    Very rarely any trouble at Pats games, the area has its own socio-economic issues they tend to impact match days but nothing the club can do about it. Some fans like a bit of dick waving banter buts it not my cup of tea. I’d find the Dundalk episode a somewhat troublesome scenario, how much success does a club need to build a house that’s not built on sand. It’s a lesson to all of us that sadly in the LOI that glory is fleeting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Very rarely any trouble at Pats games, the area has its own socio-economic issues they tend to impact match days but nothing the club can do about it. Some fans like a bit of dick waving banter buts it not my cup of tea. I’d find the Dundalk episode a somewhat troublesome scenario, how much success does a club need to build a house that’s not built on sand. It’s a lesson to all of us that sadly in the LOI that glory is fleeting.
    About as much as Dundalk tbh. It shouldnt be overlooked that this situation is not due to maxing out credit chasing the spoils of success, not a repeat of the speculate to accumulate with magic beans that has sent clubs to the wall in the past. This is simply poor management of a club by 1 or 2 people who naively didnt get how things work here and those who could take advantage of that. It's an impressive fall emphasised by recent success. As Ive said before, and knowing that there is a relegation battle happening, we are still cup holders yet and a couple of years from being champions and EL groups. If this is the low point it isnt the worst by a long shot! Derry's new found fortune is a bit of a byline, players moving back to Derry was on the cards when Higgins was appointed, but expedited by the daft short term contract stuff while paying unproven players money that could have been used to offer longer contracts to key players. We've made it easy for players to choose to move on and not for lack of ability to offer competitive contracts but opting for deals that lack security for players - a worn old issue for LoI players that we didnt need to go back to. One of the rumours from Orielweb is that P6 are thinking of sticking and rebuilding from scratch....im not sure that with a bottomless pit of money that a team can be built from scratch and compete in LoI straight off and definitely not when a manager is not calling the shots.

Anyways, we wont be miles away for too long depending on who, as owners, pick up the baton. Be funny if we had an owner with Shams as a name!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234