Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The box in oriel is a virtual thing, it moves around when no one is looking
    The magic carpet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The method to the madness of the smokescreen from the shed. Of course any side would want Towell and if he was at Dundalk i'd still think he has a cheek to mouth off to players around him when he has made an error or isnt in form. It's different than driving players on, expecting a high standard or trying to influence the ref. Its not a major deal and when he is picking up motm and banging in goals then yeah he can moan at teamates that are being sloppy or off the pace.

@Longfordian, Id have Perth stay and tbh Im quite surprised at a number of Dundalk fans that dont. Dundalk are a prime example that even with quality players they need to be managed properly. In his 1st season he was a penalty shootout away from a clean sweep, was recognised with the SWAI reward. He did show inexperience in Europe. He came back to a club in a complete mess that damn all seemed to want the job, potentially a real risk to his rep and career imo so a brave move. Has called it that it would take time to get his his tactics across and the side right and with a bunch hobbled players too. We have now put a run together and climbed the league table (still need to) and the team are grafting which I think is the first thing fans usually look for. It will be a huge achievement to win the cup but I doubt many would completely write off the possibility.

Considering how things were looking I'm baffled as to why to some Dundalk fans rate him as no good. If it was being said not good enough i'd call that as delusions of grandeur or an sense of entitlement - no club or fan should feel any entitlement based on past glory even if recent past. Perth has obviously worked hard, along with the players now, and against the backdrop of the owners unconventional 'methods' and should be given credit. His post match interview last night has been called as complaining and excuses, I thought he mainly gave credit to the lads that had just dug in and won a match against the side top of the league, admitted prior issues on the keeper, and appreciated the atmosphere/crowd that had been absent during the pandemic, while also mentions factually that Garts, McMillan, McEleney are missed.
    Dave Rogers was the preferred manager for Magilton. You seem to have conveniently forgotten that Nesta.How is Magilton still there after that HUGE rebuff.What does Magilton actually do?
    Yes,well done Vinny.Could Dave Rogers have done that? probably - We'll never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    His couple of appearances on RTE show he is still there somewhere.

Yeah that's true about Rogers (that a lot of people seemed to mix up with Gary at the time!) but would have been a bigger gamble than Perth as his 1st head coach job. The time it took to fill the post, the protestations from Magilton that he wouldnt take on the head coach role and then changed his tune sounds more like there wasnt the 100s of serious applications that was said by the club. Then they brought back a man they sacked. So 2 definite applications which I think is damn all. So far VP seems to have been the right call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Dundalk looking excellent the last few times I've seen them. Should be above us in the league with the calibre of players there.
    How we are still in third place is a mystery but I can't see it lasting much longer. Shades of the last days of Baraclough about us now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123