Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 1st 2nd October

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Ah when I said Harps ability to be more physical I didnt mean old fashioned hoof ball. They have a physicality that can cope with adverse conditions, heavy pitch eg. whereas Dundalk are a lighter side that may not cope as well. The old Oriel pitch rhetoric is quite boring at this stage, may be some common ground between yerself PC and Brian Kerr!. Does the Oriel pitch thread need reviving?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    If there were 40k tuning into this Drogs-Pats game at the start of the match I expect it's even less now. Poor game.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Rovers very comfortable, should have taken our chances and made it safe earlier.
    Gaffney was superb , deserved the motm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Congrats to Shelbourne on winning the First Division at the first attempt after their relegation. I'm not sure we could beat a Premier team in a play-off if we got that far. Oh well, what's another year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Ah when I said Harps ability to be more physical I didnt mean old fashioned hoof ball. They have a physicality that can cope with adverse conditions, heavy pitch eg. whereas Dundalk are a lighter side that may not cope as well. The old Oriel pitch rhetoric is quite boring at this stage, may be some common ground between yerself PC and Brian Kerr!. Does the Oriel pitch thread need reviving?
    I was never a fan of the pitch in Oriel Park, at any level when all of its versions went in, maybe the new one in 2017 I think it was, maybe it was ok for 1-2 years, but the one in the Brandywell is just horrific, and gets far less criticism than it deserves.

On the game tonight, decent match apart from the stream, and a fair result, good turnaround by Dundalk to pick up 7 of the last 9 points. That Harps striker looks the part, took his two goals well.
    Last edited by oriel; 01/10/2021 at 10:16 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Just in from the Pats game. A tough watch, I’m pretty sure Jaros in goal for us didn’t have one save to make all night and Odumosu didn’t have many more to make himself. Having said that if one team deserved to win it, it was Pats. Cracking injury time winner from Alfie Lewis who I thought was our best player second half even before the goal. Brilliant to see Lee Desmond back on the pitch and an excellent first appearance back when he came on
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 01/10/2021 at 10:43 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Good point for us again,played well in spells and Dundalk played well in spells ,Tunde is a real handful and took his goals well
    We’re cursed with free kicks and penalties against Dundalk recently but it was a penalty and Duffy is Duffy over a free kick…..

Hopefully Sligo wake up and get the win tomorrow to make it a better weekend….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    I'm already gutted for when Alfie Lewis leaves. He's such a Pats player it's untrue but can definitely cut it at a higher level.

Side note but Ian Ryan is doing a fantastic job at Wexford. Already interested in seeing how he gets on next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I was never a fan of the pitch in Oriel Park, at any level when all of its versions went in, maybe the new one in 2017 I think it was, maybe it was ok for 1-2 years, but the one in the Brandywell is just horrific, and gets far less criticism than it deserves.
    When the Derry Galacticos start pushing Shamrock Rovers next season it will obviously be due to the pitch in the Brandywell!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I'm already gutted for when Alfie Lewis leaves. He's such a Pats player it's untrue but can definitely cut it at a higher level.

Side note but Ian Ryan is doing a fantastic job at Wexford. Already interested in seeing how he gets on next season.
    Define a higher level I don’t think he would make a crust at L2 L1 in England. He plays too much football but isn’t up to championship etc. He should stick with the LOI for another season IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I was trying to summarise the Harps v Dundalk match from last night but some guy on RTÉ beat me to it
    With Drogs losing, seems a decent result for both sides. Dundalk now have 7pt/9pts from their last 3 league games - a very welcome return for us.

Tunde Owolabi scored twice as Finn Harps and Dundalk ended all square in a Premier Division match that might've gone either way.
    In the end, everyone enjoyed their evening and headed off into the night rain happy enough with what they had, whilst optimistically claiming they might’ve got that little bit more.
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021...-dundalk-draw/

All Eyes on the Saturday fixtures now. - How will Waterford respond?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rovers keep on doing what Champions do. Win.
    Onto dundalk next friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Draw was probably fair enough last night in Finn Park.

The rain hammered down, Vinny Perth complained about everything, a couple of cracking goals, and a good game of football in the conditions.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Watching Kian Corbally boss midfield in the u19 Champions League v Red Star Belgrade on Wednesday, I reckon we have our replacement waiting.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Define a higher level I don’t think he would make a crust at L2 L1 in England. He plays too much football but isn’t up to championship etc. He should stick with the LOI for another season IMO.
    His uncle said on Twitter that he had an option to join Plymouth (currently 4th in League 1) in the summer but opted to sign a permanent deal with pats instead
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    His uncle said on Twitter that he had an option to join Plymouth (currently 4th in League 1) in the summer but opted to sign a permanent deal with pats instead
    L1 & L2 are tough leagues. I think he should build up more first team experience before taking the leap. He has only played underage before Pats. He is a good young player but is far from the finished article.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    L1 & L2 are tough leagues. I think he should build up more first team experience before taking the leap. He has only played underage before Pats. He is a good young player but is far from the finished article.
    Yeah that’s probably why he opted to stay here, gain more first team experience so when he does go back over he’s more prepared
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Draw was probably fair enough last night in Finn Park.

The rain hammered down, Vinny Perth complained about everything, a couple of cracking goals, and a good game of football in the conditions.
    Vinny's interview was something else. Didn't realize Harps had moved the dugouts in a cunning plot to thwart Dundalk. Well played Nigel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Vinny's interview was something else. Didn't realize Harps had moved the dugouts in a cunning plot to thwart Dundalk. Well played Nigel.
    If dugout positions were a major bugbear of Kenny Shiels then its a legit issue to moan about!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    To be fair, the dugouts were actually moved in Finn Park this year, but that was at the request of the FAI who said the dugout positions weren't covid compliant.

I would have preferred not to have moved them at all because they were a nightmare to move.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast