With both sides better going forward, this proved to be a cracker of a game in Ferrycarrig this afternoon with Wexford squeaking it by the odd goal in five. Wexford started with Sean Martin, Donal Porter, Fionn McCaffrey, Ravelli, Andy Farrell, Cathal Dowd, Luke Scanlon, Nils Lukaku, Aaron Roche, Tyler Dunphy and Evan Farrell. Wexford were slow out of the blocks and Treaty fashioned the early chances with an early free by the team from Limerick hitting the Wexford wall for a corner and then a Treaty forward hitting the side netting. Treaty were then gifted a third good chance by a Wexford error but the shot was skewed wide of the Wexford post. A rash tackle by a Treaty defender inside the Treaty area on Nils Lukaku then gifted Wexford a penalty which was put away neatly by Tyler Dunphy and it was 1-0 to the home side. Wexford then went two ahead when a long ball found Tyler Dunphy in the clear and his tidy first-time volley put Wexford two goals to the good. Wexford goalie, Sean Martin, then pulled off a decent save from a Treaty effort before picking the ball out of his net as a result of a Treaty free which curled around the Wexford wall for 2-1. However, another long ball by Wexford this time found Wexford’s Evan Farrell in the clear and Evan’s clinical finish put Wexford 3-1 ahead. 3-1 to Wexford at half-time.

Wexford brought on Michael Mackey at half-time who impressed with his good feet and tidy distribution. After Tyler Dunphy had forced the Treaty keeper to make a decent save, it was Treaty who got another goal back when their no. 11 finished well after a good turn and shot inside the Wexford area. Treaty then came close to getting the equaliser when they knocked a free header over the Wexford bar and quickly followed that by forcing Sean Martin in the Wexford goal to parry a good effort on goal. Treaty forced three corners in succession at the end of the game but a resolute Wexford defence stood firm before Treaty’s no. 11 forced a Wexford defender to deflect a shot for a fourth Treaty corner but again the tall Wexford team were able to defend it successfully. 3-2 to Wexford at full-time after a very tight but exciting game.