Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Games week 24th September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Jesus, Nesta you must know your argument has run to ground when your using a one off cup result as a comparison.
    Here's one for you,in that case:
    Your clubs budget is twice the Rovers one, and yet you are 21 (21!!) points worse off Rovers.
    I'm only commenting on what I saw in front of me last night - it's entertainment for me
    My team are going to win the league, again, for the 19th time- that's where all my focus is
    You don't have much choice really since they sh*t the bed in Europe and the cup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    And I'll look forward to watching them €hit the bed next year in Europe as well!!
    That option may not be open to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Jesus, Nesta you must know your argument has run to ground when your using a one off cup result as a comparison.
    Here's one for you,in that case:
    Your clubs budget is twice the Rovers one, and yet you are 21 (21!!) points worse off Rovers.
    I'm only commenting on what I saw in front of me last night - it's entertainment for me
    My team are going to win the league, again, for the 19th time- that's where all my focus is
    Im sure I dont have to point out the similarities in both our points! I probably dont disagree with you in major ways though Id like to be less sweeping in the assessment of a coach, certainly with with the self inflicted difficulties by Dundalk's hierarchy, and with relatively little time that VP has been in the hotseat. Almost a clean sweep in his 1st season, binned by sub par performance in Europe, to return and maybe win a cup and eek out a safe finish in the league. Mistakes are made by rookie managers, I dont think you'd call Bradley a rookie anymore but he still errs on an occasion. You are correct that the budget at Dundalk is a disgrace especially considering league position; the mad thing is that the budget would drop considerably if players not used/unavailable currently could be cut loose. The core of the side if they were retained for net season we'd be happy enough as a start of a rebuild. We've had our 8 or 9 years of being at the competitive edge and nothing lasts in football.

We will have good days in the league again, when? Who knows, but it is going to get increasingly difficult for Rovers to go on near a decade of dominance imo, with some good sides being put together - Derry obviously, St Pats, Sligo, all will be pushing harder going forward. Rovers have been as good as they need to be but will need to be better next season and beyond. It will be a pain if Dundalk are hamstrung by another sale of the club, delaying contract talks but with some sense I'd not write us off as able to get a European place next season especially if we do manage to retain the cup which is not impossible. If the worst spell in a decade for a club still include a cup win (maybe 2), a run in Europe, not long after EL groups and is only 3 years since a clatter of trophies/cups I will take that!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234