Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Promoting the club

Rovers'Til IDie
    Don't know if this was suggested. But why not but a bill board on the stillorgan dual carriage way, you'll have a huge 'captive' audience in the morning. Also you have a huge catchment area so I wouldn't confine your leaflet drops to Clonskeagh. Many years ago I used to live in Stillorgan and used to go to the odd UCD match (this was in the 'we'll never go to Tolka years', turns out we will go to Tolka, but thats an different story).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers'Til IDie View Post
    Don't know if this was suggested. But why not but a bill board on the stillorgan dual carriage way, you'll have a huge 'captive' audience in the morning. Also you have a huge catchment area so I wouldn't confine your leaflet drops to Clonskeagh. Many years ago I used to live in Stillorgan and used to go to the odd UCD match (this was in the 'we'll never go to Tolka years', turns out we will go to Tolka, but thats an different story).
    I think it works out too expensive due to insurance (what happens if it falls?).

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    but that's something that a full-time employee of the club should be pursuing
    As Student Mullet said, there is only one single person employed on a full time basis and that person's workload includes coaching and managing the UCD Superleague. He's very willing to work with those who have ideas or would like to volunteer help and I'm happy to be of assistance. I wouldn't go blaming the commercial manager as I think he and the rest of the officials at the club do a good job in running the club. Energies must be expended on things which yield a certain guaranteed revenue stream i.e. the Superleague. Things like chasing fans only yield a small amount of success in proportion to the energy put in. I think the success rate of a leaflet drop before was 100 in 5000. It's one thing to call for a leaflet campaign, it's another to actually carry an effective one out.

No one is willing to help the club but ourselves. John and I made several attempts to establish contact with the English language programme in the summer and they just couldn't be arsed in seriously considering it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers'Til IDie View Post
    We used to hang one of those tie up waterproof advertising sheets on the railings of the overpass at Belfield to promote games at one stage.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789