0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen Kenny vote of confidence - Second referendum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Took Michael O’Neill a while with Norn Iron and he ended up doing alright.
    It did. He took six. Kenny has taken 12 and counting.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    what made me angry about this fellow is how he reacted in hapiness after that freak own goal, that was very depressing- for that only reason i want him out after the last remaining games qatar lux az and port

We can thank him for bringing the youth and this situation can be very good to continue his phillosophy for the under 23 /21 /19/17 etc. We need a motivator and someone who can be ---------streetwise.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    what made me angry about this fellow is how he reacted in hapiness after that freak own goal, that was very depressing- for that only reason i want him out after the last remaining games qatar lux az and port
    wouldnt be inclined to hold that against him. you can just imagine the pressure he was feeling on the sideline at the time.
    sure the stadium PA credited the goal to duffy so for all we know SK wasnt even aware it was an OG

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I said he should go in the Azerbaijan thread, and I hold to that. I was all for the experiment, but not with these results. Whoever replaces him will already be trying to clamber out of a hole, and I have no expectations of us suddenly finding consistency in performance, cutting edge in the final third or positive results under him.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I'd be loosely in the "He should go" camp but I won't be too upset if he sees out the campaign.

I do see people asking now if he should be kept on if we beat Azerbaijan and Luxembourg as it would signal improved fortunes. I think that just says volumes about how low he's dragged our expectations unfortunately.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    One thing that I understand from you irish is that the national team football mánager is the most important job in Ireland. I cant imagine that in other countries. Maybe us, the italians but un Ireland is always a public figure and always scrutinity Giles jack mick giovani Martín mick2 now this fellow

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    D, L, D, D, L, L, L, D, L, L, D, W, D, L, D, D.

7 losses, 8 draws, 1 victory.

Notwithstanding the weakness of the squad, the brokeness of the FAI and other valid issues, that record, and the calibre of some of the teams we have failed to beat, is appalling.

I don't see any signs that he is improving the team, or that we really are building something long-term. We do need a long-term plan, but I don't see him as the guy to be entrusted with it.

He should go.
    You don't see any signs he is improving the team because there aren't any. We are miles away from being a settled team with a settled style - ie weeding out our weaknesses until we are capable of defeating lesser teams while posing problems for the Portugals and Serbias of the world. We are essentially a new team with a novice manager setting out on a journey. Time is what is needed. Essentially if we're not going to qualify for Qatar and be an outside bet for the next Euros, then the consolation prize is that Kenny needs to have us well on the road to playing a style of football that recent visitors to Dublin (Serbia, Denmark, Switzerland) all employ.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Well it's the style you've been crying out for for 13 years Mark. Now you have it. Let's see where it goes. I have always had a more pragmatic approach. I support any style which gets us results.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    After a few days of voting, you can see that the results are broadly along the same lines as the previous poll, with the same number of combined votes for "He should be given the entire campaign before making a decision" and "Keep him beyond the current campaign" as the "He should be given the entire campaign before making a decision" option in the previous poll
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 13/09/2021 at 5:14 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    After a few days of voting, you can see that the results are broadly along the same lines as the previous poll, with the same number of combined votes for "He should be given the entire campaign before making a decision" and "Keep him beyond the current campaign" as the "He should be given the entire campaign before making a decision" option in the previous poll
    So in your analysis do a minority or majority want him as rep of Ireland manager for euro 2024?. ( I know its hard as people weren't committing to in or out)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    Well, of the 14 voters who are off the fence so to speak, 10 want him gone - either now or at the end of the campaign. Four want him kept on for the Euro 2024 qualifiers - presumably regardless of how the rest of this campaign goes.

So, excluding the don't knows, it seems to be 70% change the manager, 30% keep Kenny for the next campaign. However that probably should be read in the context of more than half of all voters wanting to wait a few more games before deciding.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12