Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Games Friday 10th to Saturday 18th September

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    That is absolute BS. How on earth do the FAI give a one game ban to Kelly for punching someone and then 3 game bans to these lads
    The BS appeals process is part of the problem these days as it appears to be random and unfair.
    Tbf McGinlay threw a punch toward someone so the intent was the same. Ban hars none the less and still can’t see any reaaon for Thompson even being red carded never mind a 3 game ban on top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    You can`t be referring to our 2-1 win, Leahy 99th minute? Let me thumb through the distant history books, the first game in Tallaght? Probably 50/60 got tickets that day. Happy that the Guards took pity and let us out first! Singing Build me up Buttercup to your PA trying to drown us out after a more recent 1 -0, is a clearer, more recent memory.

Do you actually believe any of Bradley`s two week delayed " revelations", banned for throwing chewing gum, ffs! spitting by stewards!!! If any steward spat at anyone I will be straight down to Mountjoy GS to report them and I would expect them to be charged with assault. I will just check first to see whether anything of the sort reported by the away team to the ref or fourth official or the copious FAI officials present on the day? , eh no , nothing.

Some of the behaviour that day, misogynistic chants, pitch invasion, which Bohs have been quite rightly sanctioned over, is bad enough without making stuff up a couple of weeks after the event.

Anyway, If Rovers are happy to lose €15 k in away fan gate money for the next game, or for every game, fair play to them. Bohs will fill Dalymount on their own anyway
    So are you calling Bradley a liar ? Assume like that Sinn Fein td who cowardly hid behind Dail privilage to make a unsubstantiated claim against Simon Harris you’ll do the same…. Albeit no legal privilege applies here so be careful how you reply

Ps I hope both clubs allow away supporters into future games… not doing so takes away from the atmosphere and as you say hits the pocket
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 17/09/2021 at 6:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Actually i wasnt talking about Bradsers comments just the abuse of Mandroiu and his partner , the pitch invasion of the eejit with the stick and the general abuse/stuff thrown at players both verbal abuse and actual stuff thrown at players and officials in attendance.
    I know two of the Rovers officials that were there and they wouldnt be shrinking violets but they said the differentiation between stewards and fans was hard to see and it was an intimidating experience, that's just not right.
    If Bradser says he was spat at i believe him but without video evidence he shouldnt have brought it up as its too easy to deny and just say bad loser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    wrong thread
    Last edited by sbgawa; 17/09/2021 at 8:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Tbf McGinlay threw a punch toward someone so the intent was the same. Ban hars none the less and still can’t see any reaaon for Thompson even being red carded never mind a 3 game ban on top.
    Threw a punch towards who?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Threw a punch towards who?
    No idea, watch the footage widely circulated on twitter he swings from the ground up at a Derry player.

As I have said multiple times to me it’s a booking and a “wise up” but if comparing like for like he clearly swings a punch.

Thomson I can’t even see a cardable offence at all, it’s basically carding for the sake of carding because he was involved. McGinlay a booking and a quick word.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Sligo picking up a bit of form recently. Going to be a dificult journey from Tallaght to the west. Home win will make the league very interesting. 3/1 on Sligo Rovers to win, you gotta take it.

As an asside, last night Martin Škrtel played his first game after a year suffering with torn achilles. At 36, he still looks a player. Working so hard to get back ("I dont want to finish my career on crutches") he put in a masterclass for Spartak Trnava in 2:0 win over Sereď. Spartak now on top of the league above Slovan Bratislava. If not for possible covid restrictions, I´d reccomend a trip to Bratislava to watch the biggest slovakian derby Slovan v Trnava in 4 weeks time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Sligo picking up a bit of form recently. Going to be a dificult journey from Tallaght to the west. Home win will make the league very interesting. 3/1 on Sligo Rovers to win, you gotta take it.

As an asside, last night Martin Škrtel played his first game after a year suffering with torn achilles. At 36, he still looks a player. Working so hard to get back ("I dont want to finish my career on crutches") he put in a masterclass for Spartak Trnava in 2:0 win over Sereď. Spartak now on top of the league above Slovan Bratislava. If not for possible covid restrictions, I´d reccomend a trip to Bratislava to watch the biggest slovakian derby Slovan v Trnava in 4 weeks time.
    Bratislava is a great town, really friendly people if you are not on a stag, had my fav breakfast of all time in Trnava which due to language difficulties consisted of half a chicken, two beers and a loaf of bread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Bratislava is a great town, really friendly people if you are not on a stag, had my fav breakfast of all time in Trnava which due to language difficulties consisted of half a chicken, two beers and a loaf of bread.
    Pure curiosity what were actually trying to order, Cornflakes? Bit of a surprise id say.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=Calcio Jack;2089023]So are you calling Bradley a liar ? Assume like that Sinn Fein td who cowardly hid behind Dail privilage to make a unsubstantiated claim against Simon Harris you’ll do the same…. Albeit no legal privilege applies here so be careful how you reply

/QUOTE]

The unsubstantiated claims have been made by Bradley, no? Doubt he will be repeating those allegations again.
    I am simply saying that he lied about those allegations, which he made two weeks after the event.He certainly knows his audience , if you and others believe that it happened and that he did not react on the day, or report it on the day.

The other valid complaints by Rovers referred to by Sbgawa in this thread were completely out of order on Bohs part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dalymountrower;2089115]
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    So are you calling Bradley a liar ? Assume like that Sinn Fein td who cowardly hid behind Dail privilage to make a unsubstantiated claim against Simon Harris you’ll do the same…. Albeit no legal privilege applies here so be careful how you reply

/QUOTE]

The unsubstantiated claims have been made by Bradley, no? Doubt he will be repeating those allegations again.
    I am simply saying that he lied about those allegations, which he made two weeks after the event.He certainly knows his audience , if you and others believe that it happened and that he did not react on the day, or report it on the day.

The other valid complaints by Rovers referred to by Sbgawa in this thread were completely out of order on Bohs part.
    So question answered and you’ve confirmed that you are accusing Bradley of lying

For what’s it’s worth I don’t know whether the spitting occurred - however on the day during the LoiTv commentary the commentators made reference during the first half and also at HT to the Rovers bench having issues with the stewards so something untoward happened
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 18/09/2021 at 5:18 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=Calcio Jack;2089118]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post

So question answered and you’ve confirmed that you are accusing Bradley of lying

For what’s it’s worth I don’t know whether the spitting occurred - however on the day during the LoiTv commentary the commentators made reference during the first half and also at HT to the Rovers bench having issues with the stewards so something untoward happened
    Listen CJ , if that happened as Bradley blurted out a fortnight later , he would have been fully justified in decking the steward. I
    know that there was a contretemps between Bradley/ Cronin and the ball boys which required the stewards to intervene, that was all the talk after the game, but no reference to any spitting allegation.
    Anyway, no need to add here to some of the poisonous stuff at the moment between the two clubs, this forum is a model of decorum in comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dalymountrower;2089133]
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Listen CJ , if that happened as Bradley blurted out a fortnight later , he would have been fully justified in decking the steward. I
    know that there was a contretemps between Bradley/ Cronin and the ball boys which required the stewards to intervene, that was all the talk after the game, but no reference to any spitting allegation.
    Anyway, no need to add here to some of the poisonous stuff at the moment between the two clubs, this forum is a model of decorum in comparison.
    Fair enough … tbh my own view is that be it Bradley, Long, Horgan or any other manager I don’t believe any of them would make up such a thing …. We’re all rivals etc but by and large my experience of watching the league for over 50 years is that 99% of those associated with it are decent hard working professionals

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rovers playing well and deserve to lead, but playing with 10 men & towell could cost us in the end of this game.
    Joey Ndo is highly entertaining, and very knowledgeable, as you'd expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Great win should of been at least 3-0 - Rory Gaffney was motm - as N’Do put it “… he’s playing like it’s personal …” such was his desire and effort

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Great win for rovers.
    Follow this up with a win in in hicore next week and even a confirmed worrier like myself will start to relax

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Yep, great win in the end, tho they had to dig it out the last 10 mins. our conversion rate from chances is not where it should be , but we had control in the 1st half , and defended stoutly in the 2nd.
    I'm assuming burkey is injured, as he was not even on the bench.
    onto inchicore next week , and put the title to bed for another season
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Yep, great win in the end, tho they had to dig it out the last 10 mins. our conversion rate from chances is not where it should be , but we had control in the 1st half , and defended stoutly in the 2nd.
    I'm assuming burkey is injured, as he was not even on the bench.
    onto inchicore next week , and put the title to bed for another season
    In fairness missing Burke and Greene reduced our finishing power - granted your mate Towell should of scored at least one

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Huge win for Shamrock Rovers. Very close to take the league now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Huge win for Shamrock Rovers. Very close to take the league now.
    Yeah they are close now. We would have to beat them next week to keep any slim chance alive. A defeat for us or a draw and it’s champagne time for Rovers.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast